So you're telling me it's 2018 and there's still no decent styleable replacement for Windows fuckin Explorer?

So you're telling me it's 2018 and there's still no decent styleable replacement for Windows fuckin Explorer?

Other urls found in this thread:

download.kde.org/stable/kdewin/installer/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

On Loonix there is :^)

I can't fucking stand black text on white anymore
what is wrong with society
why is this allowed
my eyes hurt so goddamn much
i style my browser, i write custom css for any offending sites i use
but i still can't change fucking explorer

What criteria do you need for something to be "decent"?
What options have you tried?

>that dropbox icon
horrible

Why are you using explorer? I mean, if it's hurting your eyes just use cmd/PS.

What do you need? Theres always FAR explorer and Midnight commander

install gentoo
The file manager

A nice smooth modern dark theme. Not this eyeball destroying black on white garbage and default windows pale beige-silver and blue. I can't believe no one's made a webkit-based local file browser or anything yet. Why can't they just make this shit stylable?

I have gripes about a lot of linux software trying to be "equivalent of windows software x". But the file managers are pretty comfy.

Get Rainmeter and customize to hearts contempt

if thats all you want you can literally custom build windows styles and that includes explorer. Or just download one from deviant art. Check out
I would post a picture of mine but I'm on an uncustomized laptop atm

You know how to write css but you don't know how to change the theme of windows?? Just go to settings, then theme, then enable dark contrast mode and you will have white text on back background.

>white text on back background.
Still not particularly modern. High contrast is still a problem even with a dark background.

Define styleable

Like changing default pre-57 Firefox to FT Deepdark theme.

Your math is off there OP, also just use one commander v2. It at least has a dark theme and most functionality you would want. It is admittedly annoying you can't get a decent tile view with it. If anyone has a better alternative or knows how, I'm all ears.

but for the rest of you faggots, you need to learn that Linux isn't better for customization just because you don't how to customize windows and disable all the fucking spyware(admittedly it's fucking annoying that is something I have to do on every install now)

the dark theme doesn't affect the explorer yet. you need to get the hack, but it's beta and buggy so don't.

You can run KDE natively on Windows, including Dolphin.

dolphin?

user I use the black theme since 8.1 and it always affected the explorer. You must use the high contrast theme. It literally works.

The High contrast theme is different from the dark theme, and it breaks other customizations, like wallpaper engine.

What' all this about black on white? When I read white letters on a black background I get weird black lines in my vision. Please don't tell me you use your screen in total darkness.

do you have a good link to a walk through of this. I tried to use WSL to do this at one point, but I could olnl get the xcfe DE to work and it was a lag fest. It was in beta at the time though. Is it better now?

pussy

man your eyes up bitch

They provide an easy installer:
download.kde.org/stable/kdewin/installer/

ty, will look into this later

son it's okay calm down

uninstall windows and install gentoo

Just use Total Commander

>uses the best aviable desktop OS on planet earth
>is retard

there is also VR esplorer

Open up file:/// (or file://C:\ maybe) in a browser window.

Fucking disgusting

what the fuck

whats wrong with cubic explorer?

>dark edition by neiio (needs uxstyle patch though)
>qttabbar (wont look good after applying the above but can be themed)

Now text is black on white, there's tabs as well
Qttabbar slows down things with its other features, like preview on mouseover, just turn off what you don't need

>You can run KDE natively on Windows, including Dolphin.
Screenshots? I highly doubt it's capable of running a fully functional DE.

you can also smear shit all over your screen too but i wouldn't recommend it.