When did the emulator scene become so fucking toxic?

When did the emulator scene become so fucking toxic?

I remember in the past people used to be friendly and help each other out, but nowadays people just act like dickbags and nobody works together anymore. There are like 6 different Nintendo DS emulators in development, but they're all shit since everyone goes full NIH with their own project

Other urls found in this thread:

retroarchleaks.wordpress.com/2017/03/26/what-happens-with-the-other-650/
youtube.com/watch?v=igrdzXIAqZ4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

this happens to any community when it gets too large and popular.

>toxic
bitch please

Jews happened

retroarchleaks.wordpress.com/2017/03/26/what-happens-with-the-other-650/

It became terrible but I have to say, RetroArch is a damn good piece of software all things considered. Deals with input lag the right way and just like GroovyMAME it supports my weird fucking "CRT connected to PC using a super resolution" setup.

youtube.com/watch?v=igrdzXIAqZ4
>guy makes mouse+keyboard mod for goldeneye
>idiots claim it's a virus
>guy kills himself

New snowflake generation took slowly over

RetroArch is just a frontend for different emulator cores/engines

yeah sure. There are more frontends, but they are quite terrible in terms of performance. For instance, both OpenEmu and Phoenix seem to think I love frame skipping.

I love Retroarch despite some cores being outdated, but holy fuck the guy behind it is a fucking psycho

>It's real
Why?

I don't have any love for squarepusher, but byuu is notorious for being mentally ill. He's not any less responsible for how much of a failure that community is at the current moment.

That doesn't give him the rights to stalk and harass him for almost a decade

Asshats attract asshats I guess.

so guy wants to make something which is his right given free software and it's a travesty now?

A program with a non-commercial licence is not free software.

no shit?

this emulator autism is fucking retarded.

I can't understand any of it.

lmao poor fucking guy.

>I remember in the past people used to be friendly and help each other
Hahahah no you don't, the community has always been absolutely fucking awful, as far as developers go.

byuu should be happy he doesn't get fucking sued

leftists

anything that gets overrun by normalfags becomes unbearable

It's not just byuu

f

I fail to see how a community of "nerds" is toxic or bad in any way

more-or-less this, the moment something becomes popular (on the hard work of talented people) swarms of me-toos and feminists swarm and it fucking dies

Just like Sup Forums!
>ywn be able to browse 2002 Sup Forums

I'm just gonna use this thread to ask my question.
Do emulators on Linux run as well (or as shit) as their windows counterparts? I noticed a lot of the big emulators have linux versions though I wouldn't know if their performance is up to par.

>When did the emulator scene become so fucking toxic?
Not only emulator communities, this kind of drama is present in all retro games communities, as you dig on the whys, you find out the big guys are all mentally ill, either borderline or narcissists.

Dolphin runs better (as in faster) on linux than on windows, don't know of any other emulator where this happens.

>Smooth emulation will come to you, but only if you reply with "Thanks, Shitman!"

I am an outsider to the controversy and community behind the emulators. It sounds like developers wanted money for working on GPL software. That doesn't sound bad to me.

Retroarch bundles non-commercial cores such as Snes9x, Genesis Plus GX, FBA and others

So they are too greedy to follow the license or start from scratch?