Is PowerDVD worth it?

Is PowerDVD worth it?

What the fuck no. Use vlc like a non grandma.

>paying for the botnet

>paying for programs

Use MPC-HC instead.

Sure, if you want to legally play blu-rays and other media.

Holy shit, Sup Forums, are there people dumb enough to buy PowerDVD or any of these placebo video players?

>botnet

what?

>placebo video players?

what other player can open 3D dvds on Nvidia 3d vision monitor?

Got it for my blurays. Just pirate it, you noob

no

Legit, if someone would be nice enough to redpill me on how to get my blu-ray drive to work that would be amazing. Is there any software besides PowerDVD that I can use to EASILY play modern BR discs?

Also, what's the best software to rip my BR discs to simple video files for my PC?

>bluray drive
herein lies the problem hardware drm

>get my blu-ray drive to work that would be amazing
On Win7, you may need to install drivers to get it to recognize blu-ray data disks. Win8 or higher has native support for blu-ray drives.

>Is there any software besides PowerDVD
WinDVD, which costs about the same and the interface is stuck in 2005. MPC doesn't try. VLC tries and fails most of the time.

>ripping
There is no free ripping software. Pay or pirate.

What is this, 2002?

No kidding.
Back when BR was taking off I thought it was the best thing to do, since I didn't exactly have it in my budget to get a PS3 at the time.

So far I've barely been able to use the goddamn thing because of software complications.

Oh I know, but what ripping software would you recommend. I just had issues with my ISP for pirating, so I'm looking for alternative routes...

Tried asking Sup Forums for help with VPNs in various threads, but had no responses.

Back in the day I had no HDCP-compliant screen and couldn't watch any movies on BR, I used DVDFab Passkey.
It cracks BR protection on-the-fly and allows you to play BRs on any player you like.
It's chinese though, so might be unsafe, but I didn't encounter any issues.
Nowadays I just pirate PowerDVD.

Yeah.. But where from though?
There are no good piracy sources that I know of anymore. I just got caught with shit from PirateBay, and yeah I know I'm a dipshit for doing it, but eh... Do you just use a VPN or are you on a private tracker?

< redpill me on how to get my blu-ray drive to work
did your blur ray drive for pc not come with a cd drive containing software or did you get it second hand?

I use it for remux files as some freeware video software has problems with the audio files.

Don't buy it you mad man. I can post a magnet link if you want to download it directly from my seedbox?

>implying vlc/mpv/mpc can naively play DTS-HD Master Audio

It came with PowerDVD but it's outdated as hell, and barely works as is. Last time I tried it a long while ago, it wouldn't play a newer movie. I suspect because it had updated DRM on it.

Sure, if you're willing to share, I would appreciate it.

does anydvd not do that too?

50 $ for ultra is ok

I used to get it on TPB. No VPN here (France), but everytime I'm torrenting, I shoot PeerBlock up. It blocks connections from law enforcement agencies and copyright firms.

>PeerBlock

>ripping software would you recommend
Ive been out of that game for a while. From what I've rade MakeMKV + Handbreak will get the job done if you aren't too fussy about the results.

Name one thing PowerDVD can do that PotPlayer can't.