Why is systemd supposed to be bad if all the people who made Linux and support it and phds are okay with it?

Why is systemd supposed to be bad if all the people who made Linux and support it and phds are okay with it?

Don't they know more than fucking

Pablo from Void ?

Even Gentoos fine with it

It seems like a weird line in the sand I dunno. What do you all think

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/Why-are-systemds-logs-stored-as-binaries
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

always question authority and the mainstream

But I'm too dumb for nonsystemd uwu

Nonsystemd is quite easy and simple. Edit a script in /etc/rc.d/, launch that script, add it to /etc/rc.conf if you want it to launch every time your computer boots.

Are simple distros possible with systemd?

Linux attracts extremely autistic people by nature, so you can expect a lot of pointless bitching when something major changes.

systemd does have legitimate technical issues which are worth complaining about, but the "botnet", "NSA" and "FBI" claims are ridiculous.
It is FREE SOFTWARE. You are free to look up the source code and see what it does. Don't like something about it? Change it.
Not able to do it, let alone read the code? Them you have no right to complain about it.
I myself use a distro with systemd (Arch) and while I'm aware of its overly centralized nature, I can't deny it's quite comfy for a lot of things.

You always have the right to complain. Nobody is forcing anyone to listen to complaints, and I don't think one should expect non-programmers to learn how to program in order to report bugs or complain about the direction things are moving.

I didn't ask to be born like this :(

But there is probably some obscure part that changes the behavior of e.g. the socket handler and any 3digits can ssh with root access.
There are probably a couple backdoors in the kernel too, but they are made in such a way that when they are discovered, will seem like just another bug.
An average person has nothing to fear, there is just too much risk that some random security researcher catches it by accident and it will be closed. Those a methods for stux level attacks.

Dunno, man
Systemd is very neatly organized. It has numeric IDs for all of its features.

They start with CVE

people will bitch and moan about it for a few more years and then shut up about it

If you go to that level then you should never ever use a computer.

is it possible to go from a running distro with systemd and change over to OpenRC?

Linus' father said the NSA asked him to insert backdoors in the kernel, but he refused.
I doubt the Linux itself contains backdoors anyway. There are some binary blobs, but they are for nonfree firmware.

>some obscure part that changes the behavior
What the fuck are you on? All doubts you may have are solved by reading the code.

You also have the right not to use it.

Yes, it's possible.

How bad is it?

I'm a comfy munchy on CentOS right now and I'm curious

You're being way too confrontational and I'm not sure who this post is for. They already have a way to not use systemd. You seem to just be acting petty and want to continue an argument for no reason

It is possible, but would require effort. A distros init system is a core component. Isn't systemd optional with gentoo? I guess they have documentation about it. There are many distributions that ship without systemd. Going with one of those would probably be easier.

Dunno, never done it myself. Beware that some popular packages now depend on systemd (e.g. Gnome), but you should be ok for most of other stuff.

Agree, changing it kinda defeats the point of choosing that distro. It's not a superficial component such as the DE. I myself use Arch, but if I wanted to get rid of systemd I'd just move to something like Void. I've been hearing very good opinions about it, and it doesn't use systemd by default.

No, Gentoo does not use systemd by default. Nothing is preventing you from installing it though if so you desire.

What distro does she use

I like the systemd service scripts vs initd, very nice. I think binary logs are the fucking devil. Might as well be on windows what the fuck.

I dont understand your post

OS X

so should I just stick where I am?

A lot of the nonsystemd distros seem like too much trouble for not a lot of gain?

Ill keep my finger on the pulse but for now I dont know if i want to go through that.

id rather change what I have to openrc but that may be impossible

quora.com/Why-are-systemds-logs-stored-as-binaries

So that means systemd IS an nsa backdoor triple threat

HardenedBSD
She's not a gay male

who fucking said this

freedesktop(dot)org