Hey Sup Forums do you like the internet...

Hey Sup Forums do you like the internet? Do you realize if the FCC kill net neutrality that you can't come to this sit anymore? Heres a quick picture of what the internet would look like when Net Neutrality is ended

Other urls found in this thread:

adn.com/business-economy/2017/04/26/alaska-remains-the-last-great-stronghold-for-blockbuster-video-stores/
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/08/us-broadband-still-no-isp-choice-for-many-especially-at-higher-speeds/.
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/02/isp-lobby-has-already-won-limits-on-public-broadband-in-20-states/
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/04/one-broadband-choice-counts-as-competition-in-new-fcc-proposal/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

this stupid reddit meme won't happen, stop this retarded mass hysteria

You should thank anyone who'll listen that you've been born in this age because you're so completely mindless and retarded that eugenics or simply the rougher life people endured just a hundred years ago would've guaranteed your early death.

Wasn't the whole Trump thing a meme too.

inb4 Sup Forums comes out

>>>/reddit/

We had this already, nobody cares

and the world isn't in fires

It needs to die. Let it happen already...

The overwhelming majority uses the internet to instagram mundane shit and send animated emojis.

We lost the moment they successfully infiltraded society with masses of stupid people who vote with their money and in politics.

Net neutrality wouldn't be a thing if there wasn't healthy competition where you'd have access to many ISPs.

But oh wait, this is apparently the most important issue right now in America that you Reddit faggots have to spam every single subreddit and bring this shit to Sup Forums and Sup Forums.

I'd suggest rather than advocating for more regulations, advocate for deregulation to promote competition and starting up new ISPs. That way competing ISPs would be motivated to innovate and not keep you stuck on third world internet like you have now.

Otherwise fuck off with this shitty propaganda.

>I'd suggest rather than advocating for more regulations
which absolutely nobody is doing, you fucking disingenuous shill. Greedy kike ISPs want to dismantle existing regulation, for their own financial gain and to the detriment of their customers rights. KNOW THE DIFFERENCE. DON'T LET THIEVING ISPs STEAL YOUR RIGHTS. TELL LYING PAJEET AND THE FCC, WHERE TO GO. TO FUCKING HELL.

NOT ONE OF THESE LYING SHILLS CAN GIVE YOU ONE SINGLE REASON WHY THIS WOULD BENEFIT YOU. WHY? BECAUSE, IT WOULDN'T.

If this happens I will just leave the country.
>land of the free

Just, like, choose a different ISP if you think that they're Jewing you that much.

>this stupid reddit meme won't happen, stop this retarded mass hysteria

It's already happened in the EU country Portugal that doesn't have Net Neutrality. And they are amateurs compared to US corporations.

>I'd suggest rather than advocating for more , advocate for trust-busting big tech companies
FTFY

>this is what liberals unironically actually believe

#ImWithHer

Liberals are so delusional.
If Netflix does gets throttled, then ISPs will free up so much bandwidth everyone would probably get free speed boosts. Yet these cucks only picture the worst case.

Ever been to Portugal?

Does Sup Forums suck at making infographics too now? That image looks like it was made by a 12 year old and is ignoring the fact that Netflix can afford to pay the ISP racket to throttle their competition instead.

This is backwards.

Netflix would be paying massive amounts to their ISP(s) for the bandwidth they use to deliver content to their users.
Those ISPs would be paying other providers down the line for the traffic heading to their networks.
And thus it would continue until it reached the users ISP, who would literally be getting paid by the provider up the line to accept the traffic.

This is why ISPs clamp the fuck down on unlimited packages, especially when things like torrenting is done. They have to pay for traffic leaving their network and the standard users don't get charged all that much. So the more you upload the lower the margin the ISP makes off your subscription.

This pic is for mobile 4G access btw. There are ISPs and payment models like everywhere else.

>Netflix would be paying
netflix would pass the cost to the consumer, all netflix subs would increase user. Everything you don't already pay a sub for would now get one, or be slow as fuck.

thanks amerifats

>netflix would pass the cost to the consumer
No fucking shit user. No fucking shit they are covering the cost of the bandwidth with the subscriptions.
Do you have anything more obvious to point out?

I swear all this net neutrality being posted ad nauseam is either by retards who think spamming NN will get me to like it or anti NN who want to spam it so I get sick and tired of it. Either way, I just want to witness the butthurt that will happen regardless of which side wins.

>mfw Blockbuster outlives Netflix

adn.com/business-economy/2017/04/26/alaska-remains-the-last-great-stronghold-for-blockbuster-video-stores/

An intellectual I see.

everytime I've posted these the thread goes silent

I know theres alot of talk about infrastructure here

and I know american railroads have been brought up before.
America doesn't own the railroads, a company does, and charges anyone using the railroads.

Alot of the internet infrastructure, the early companies that decided to lay fibreoptic and cable early on, like adelphia went bankrupt becuase they ended up investing in infrastucture assuming theres was enough demand.
So adelphia went under and I think it was Time Warner that bought them out and got all the infrastructure on the cheap.

now we have this fucking net neutrality business popping up every three fucking months.

I say we get a bunch of the commies and pro net neutrality people and force congress/the us. government to claim eminent domain on all
"infrastucutre" with in the us, like cable and telephone lines, railroads, roads etc...

this would shut down net neutrality attacks

or if net neutrality repeal passes
we get a bunch of anarchists and fuck up all the cable and fibre and telephone lines in the area until the government ends up stepping in.

Why hasn't any tech fag started a lobbying group to maintasin net neutrality?

This fucking issue seems to get raised about twice a year now, and I think it will only ramp up more.

I am even so paranoid to say that all this hubub about net neutrality is itself a red herring for more important matters that tech fags should be looking into.

I mean it was
vegas shooter
weinstein
more shootings
now Net neutrality.

they are keeping us on our toes and keeping focus on something else.
They know that 4chanfags and redditors alike will always fight net neutrality.
And the public has been constantly on the defense. When ever net neutrality comes up theres phone campaigns writing campaigns etc... that just defeat that single attack on net neutrality.
WHEN CAN WE GIVE THEM THE DEATHBLOW?
when can we say that net neutrality is here to stay and theres no taking backsies?

someone needs to start a lobbying group, or a watchdog group that specifically focuses on net neutrality.

in regards to areas that have regulated internet

FYI you get a petition going from other community members like yourself.
Bring them information on this issue.
Tell them ISPs are monopolizing your internet and they DON"T WANT YOU TO HAVE A CHOICE.

once that petition gets to 5,000 or so send it to a lawyer, and say that you have a majorty of your town/munipality/county. You can then serve them a class action law suit.
or bring it up to the supreme court.
You don't need money, you just need a legion.

"Alot" is not a word.

so most people don't want to pay more for the same service you fucking retard how can you be this dense

I don't want to pay a sub just to watch youtube or twitch. I don't want to pay a sub to get steam games to download at full speed.

Literally the only people who want this are dumb as shit.

I think you misunderstood my post to begin with, resulting in this bullshit.

No shit. I'm not arguing for the removal of net neutrality, only that the infograph is wrong on what happens now.

>Do you realize if the FCC kill net neutrality that you can't come to this sit anymore?
>Sup Forums without cucks
The dream.

Get your internet from a reseller. There are tonnes of these. I don't get how people can say there's no competition in the world of ISPs.

Portuguese person here, stop lying about shit you read on reddit and have no idea what it means.

What you're showing there is an optional package where those services don't get counted for your mobile data plan. You're not paying to access snapchat or whatever, you're paying so that your snapchat data doesn't count for your total data cap. If this triggers you so much, maybe don't use this completely optional package and use a regular data cap.

You mean to tell me net neutrality redditors would actually lie to me? What were the odds of that and they told me Sup Forums were the liars.

Just make your own internet retards.

Posted from my iPad

good, can't wait

When Mexico sends its packets, they're not sending their best. They're sending packets that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing latency. They're via proxies. They're on UDP. And some, I assume, are good packets.

I would build a great fire wall -- and nobody builds fire walls better than me, believe me.

Good one user. Have a girl.

Hue

The internet worked just fine before "Net Neutrality", it will work fine without it again.

Stop this fucking garbage already.

just for reference how long was it between AOL and its fucking mail box CDs and Title II?

well considering Title II was never actually enforced, ever, a long fucking time

So you're saying I'll save $30 per month?
Sounds good to me.

I literally use 0 of the services listed.

Apparently my internet would be cut in half, ado I'm all for this.

That only makes sense if the internet is slow because of the ISP.
My internet is slow because the infrastructure is slow.

2 options
>live in country with net neutrality
>pay 80 usd / month for shitty German 3rd world Internet
>dont use any single of the sites listed here
>pay too much when I only use 200 websites of the 50 septillion there are
Or
>pay 30 usd for Internet without net neutrality
>tunnel through proxy server
>enjoy all the single websites you can imagine for 30 bucks
>and have 50 bucks left for Japanese titty imports

If this will remove at least some of burger posters I'm all for it.

Kekked again my fellow memelord

When Comcast throttled Netflix was it to the point where playback was choppy? Or just downloading stuff to watch offline was slower?

the ISP owns the infrastructure

they bought out all those failing companies while laughing at them in the early 2000's/late 90's becuase laying cable and telephone lines are too expensive for an immeidate return.

Time warner bought more of it cable off of bankrupt companies than it did actually laying the lines.

>only Sup Forums would disagree
>all other boards are hiveminds like reddit
Gtfo

yum yum corporate cum
americans are beyond saving, the lengths you faggots would go to prove you are not a communist

Netflix users throttle MY internet. They need to pay up.

Why do I have to pay more in ISP fees so they can accommodate Netflix users?

Feels a lot more divided desu

>grooveshark
Yeah, okay

thanks obama

>choose a different ISP from this selection of one, maybe two ISPs per region cause they have regional monopolies

Reminder AT&T is trying to merge with Time Warner

That's not how it fucking works retard.

>Just pick a different ISP

Pick between Comcast who wants to remove Net Neutrality or AT&T who also want to remove Net Neutrality? What a good idea.

>Thinks ISP's will give him free speed boosts
Like, I know that you're (You) fishing, but why though? I don't think anybody is actually this retarded, and as such I am asking you.
Is it a lack of human interaction in your life?
Is this what makes you come on Sup Forums just to be a contrarian retard begging for attention?

You're autistic.

>Is it a lack of human interaction in your life?
says the guy crying about NN on the internet

And Time Warner has nothing to do with Time Warner Cable, which is now owned by Charter, stupid redditor.

Oh yes, the classic deflection. The point is I'm not posting dumbass shit that I know is stupid as a means of filling a void in my life. If you want to talk, just talk no need to post dumb shit to get attention man. Do you need a friend? I can help you. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here, because nobody and I mean nobody is retarded enough to think ISP's will be giving about free speed boosts, that's not even how it works.

keep on shilling retard

Net Neutrality started in 2015.

Remember paying 5 dollars fore News Sites my fellow Bernie Bros? We can't let that happen again!
Lets GO Reddit!

Been on Sup Forums since 2007. Either way nice deflection of the regional monopoly point faggot

if you think the pic in the OP is every going to happen, you are the retard good sir

>Is shilling for attention
>Calls others shills
Seriously, this isn't healthy man, we can get you help if you need it, but being a contrarian retard isn't gonna make you any friends!

Yep, because ISP's would NEVER do something, in which, would increase their profit margins. Never would abuse their customers, whomst are living under a Regional monopoly. They're your friends, just listen to em!

I can't come to Sup Forums anymore? Good I can finally stop wasting my time and actually get some shit done.

anti competitive behavior is already regulated. learn what the FTC is responsible for retard

Yep, because Netflix getting charged more money in a violation of NN, is somehow going to magically save the consumers money. Just like subsidies for ISP's have dropped the prices for consumers and lead to the development of infrastructure?

>I really enjoy subsidizing Netflix and Google
t. shill

No regional monopolies either. Either you don't understand what "ISP" stands for or don't understand what monopolies are.

Except it isn't retard, arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/08/us-broadband-still-no-isp-choice-for-many-especially-at-higher-speeds/.
The FTC has no power with regards to exclusicity contracts, in which, are handled by the LOCAL municpalities, not the Federal Government. Stop being a fucking retarded contrarian.

stop making up bullshit hypotheticals

>I really don't enjoy having my internet throttled.
t. a person whos not a contrarian retard.

>2015

>just like pick between two different options, at best, who both want the same end goal!
it must be fun being ignorant

implying netflix hogging the majority of bandwidth during peak hours is good for me

These aren't hypotheticals it's the reality of the current situation in the US, if you actually fucking read the article and decided to inform yourself on this topic.

yeah and trump is literally hitler too. kys loser

Where is the weeb/autism pack?

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/02/isp-lobby-has-already-won-limits-on-public-broadband-in-20-states/
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/04/one-broadband-choice-counts-as-competition-in-new-fcc-proposal/

no such thing on the normienet

And we're glad it happened.

I'm done arguing with a Russian bot, anyone who's reading this read literally any article on this topic, in which, has been posted and you'll understand why these types of people are retarded.

>unironically source content from an outlet owned by (((Conde Nast)))

Even these outdated charters completely disprove your "monopoly" claims.

90% of households have access to TWO ISP's that can provide at least 10mbits download, which is probably good enough for 80% of the population.

720p video streaming is only around 3mbits/sec.

Where exactly is there a monopoly? I'm also not even counting mobile ISP's which provide 20+mbit speeds as well.

MUH RUSSIANS
t. retard with no political sway whatsoever

Forgot the chart.

Clickbait and FUD. But lets assume it's not fake, what about the other 30 states then? What effect do these supposed laws even have.