Why aren't you using the galaxy note 8, user? It's the best phone out right now

Why aren't you using the galaxy note 8, user? It's the best phone out right now.

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s6_android_oreo-news-28411.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

too big... thats about all really

Because it's got a thousand features I would never bother with.

I would seriously consider it if they had an option without the edge meme. With that, It's like a 6-7/10

I have the S8+. I was thinking of selling it and getting an N8 but I've already got it set up.

How do you use the stylus?

I'm using the best phone though - the Galaxy s8

TouchJizz

Because I'm using the note 4 instead.

i'd never spend more than 200 euros on a phone

This. You can't use it one handed.

For me the best phone is the fastest one, so that rules out Samsung entirely.

I've been tempted to get one, but I like my current phone too much to bother buying a new one.

This, I didn't even thought about it when I bought my s8

what phone do you use now

$1000
At that price I might as well get an iPhone X and not be left with an insecure abandoned phone with no updates after two years

This unfortunately.

>$1000
And for fucking nothing. For that price I could build myself a new tower.
Also my s5 is fine and dandy. Why upgrade?

What's the point in updating an iPhone, it's not like it will become usable.

Kek tr00

Can someone tell me what the fucking point of expensive phones is? I got a J5 for 100$ and it does all I could ask for from a phone, I can even connect a controller and play emulated games without a Problem and the battery holds longer than my brothers S7. So why is it that faggots buy an Iphone or Pixel for 10 times that much? I guess the camera, but even then, just buy a fucking camera. So why do people want high end phones? You basicly just browser social media anyway

To do all of that stuff faster and with smoother animations. And flagships tend to have the best custom ROM support, which extends the device's lifetime way beyond what the manufacturer planned for it.

But I am, user. Other than the mediocre battery and anticipating slower updates based on my past experience with the S7, I'm digging it.

I've used an S6 before the power port broke and I didn't notice any difference. And at elast IPhones seam to be designed to only last as long as it takes for the next one to come out.

Of course you didn't notice, it's a Samsung phone. It would lag even on a quantum computer.

v30 is objectively better

My U11 is objectively better

Enjoy never getting Oreo

I'm delaying my purchase to January for tax reasons.

In my previous job management one day decided everybody had to get a tablet.

But I already carried a laptop and didn't want another device.
So I convinced the IT guy to give me a Note 3 instead, which I could use as both the mandatory tablet and to replace my phone.

To my own surprise I liked it so much that I'm hooked now.

>1k
>big
>samsung
>no physical keyboard
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

>oreo is coming to the note and s8 before the end of the year, to the s7 in ~3 months, to the s6 in ~6

I have zero use for these modern phone sizes.

Yeah, fuck science.

This is my thoughts as well. I use a fucking moto g5s plus and it's perfectly fine as a phone and cost me £200. So I have £800 to spend on other things. I don't even use my phone that much to make £200 worth it but oh well anything less is pretty wank.

Already running the oreo beta

too big
inb4 manlet/handlet

I am 185cm tall, so definitely not a manlet.

No it's not. S8 and n8 will have it by late winter or spring. But it will 100% be in 2018. Not 2017.
The beta for Oreo on the S8 only JUST started and last year the nougat beta for the S7 started at the same time and the S7 didn't have nougat until spring.

Also S6 hasn't been confirmed to get Oreo yet only s7 and s8 generation.

Waiting for dollar to drop

Because it's not as good as the iPhone X

>JUST phone
>good

>no physical keyboard
Are you a time traveler from 2006?
If so, can you kill Obama before he becomes president?

because i sitll use iphone 4, you know from times back when android was genuinely laggy shit :^)

I should ask you the same question, since your comment is clearly proving that you have absolutely no idea about the capacities and advantages of new physical keyboards. Enjoy your bloated, sluggish and unaccurate software keyboard.

>unaccurate
Pajeet detected

It's true though. You simply can't compare the accuracy and tactile feedback of a physical keyboard with the lag and inconsistency of a software keyboard.

Yeah, on an actual keyboard. Not on a tiny phone with teeny tiny keys.
You're not going to write novels on your phone, software keyboards are completely fine so even if a physical keyboard were better (it's not), there's no reason to add extra space and weight to your phone.

I've had a smartphone since 2011 (well, two phones - Desire HD and LG G2) and I still can't type with a software keyboard. I've never tried a clip-on physical keyboard meme but I don't think it's going to help me.

I have rather slender fingers for my otherwise large hands but I still feel like I'm a caveman with a toy. Help

>Yeah, on an actual keyboard. Not on a tiny phone with teeny tiny keys.
Wrong. Once you get used to a physical keyboard, it's hard to come back to a software one. It's true that the keys seem and feel really small at the beginning, but they make you feel much more aware of the words you're typing. My hands and fingers aren't very big, then there's no problem with typing for me.
>You're not going to write novels on your phone
Maybe not, but you could do it easily. I've bought the Keyone to take notes and edit documents and it's useless to say that it's superb for this purpose. This aside, it's also much better for simple communication.
>software keyboards are completely fine so even if a physical keyboard were better (it's not), there's no reason to add extra space
There's a reason and it's very easy to understand. See pic. I can type comfortably while keeping an eye on the entire conversation. Software keyboards take a huge place instead.
> and weight to your phone.
Lol are you joking?

Don't come back to software keyboard, trust me. Blackberry Keyone is excellent and it runs Android 7.1.

>bixby button
>so-so battery
>shit fingerprint reader location
>exorbitant price

i like notes but samsung will have to try harder

I'm a poorfag

I'm really tempted to get one.
Especially the DeX mode is very appealing to me.
And since I upgrade my phone once every 6-7 years, A little splurge is fine every now and then.

The S6 is getting Oreo.. it looks like Samsung phones are getting 3 years of support now.

>The S6 is getting Oreo.
lmao no

lmao

gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s6_android_oreo-news-28411.php

Sony has better flagship android phones. Hardware has better design, software has less bloateware

I don't like the thought of having a high res screen, but having to use it at 1080p because otherwise the battery drain is insane.

The only reason it might be possible is because the S6 and Note5 happened to all run on Exynos that year because qualcomm fucked up.

Since they aren't having to do two versions, qualcomm and exynos, it's likely not a huge problem especially since they're updating the S7 and S8 which both have Exynos versions they can take some from.

I knew you'd post this link, and I'm glad to blow you TFO on it.
See, this is the problem with today's society, people can't read past the fucking headline.

Your """proof""" is some guy on REDDIT posting screenshots that may or may not be fake, with people that may or may not work for Samsung, that may or may not have the actual right information.

You know what, I'll stick with Samsung's actual press release where they stated the S6 won't get Oreo, thank you very much.

Dubs confirm

samsung does this right imo. at 2560*1440 and with the always on clock, wifi and bluetooth my s7 lasts the whole day with a bit to spare

>Hardware has better design
Sony makes these thick completely square phones that actually feel like fucking bricks but more slippery. People here only care about specs but the actual feel of a phone is pretty important since you'll be holding it quite a lot.
Samsung is actually pretty good at this, the S5 was goat, unfortunately they went along with the glass back meme because muh fashion, when the rubberized plastic was so much better.

If you have a large group chat where people text quickly the phone will lock up and then 5 minutes later all MMS messages will flood in, in no particular order. This happens regardless of the messaging app.

I don't need the best phone.

Fingerprint reader is in the wrong place.

but i do op

S7 edge is better

lmao this is what an adult with the mentality of a 5th grader looks like

>Exynos

I still use a Nexus 5 and see no reason to get a new phone.

There's nothing new or special these phones can do except for being a bit faster.

If I had to buy a phone now it would probably be a OnePlus 5T. Just because the mute slider looks comfy, has a headphone jack and isn't overly expensive.

I considered the X, but when trying it in a store it felt too big and the notch annoyed me. I also really prefer the control senter on the bottom of the screen.

Some poeple feel like the notch "fades" after using if for a while. What is your experience?

I purchased a 7 instad. Very happy with it. Hard to explain why but IOS has a more sensible use pattern than android.

>Buy Galaxy Note 8 on Swappa
>start feeling buyer's remorse
>Can't return it like I can at the store

fuark
Is it worth it?

still rocking my Galaxy S6 and it's getting Oreo.

I'm poor.

The notch fades yes, but you can't display battery percentage at the top anymore unless you swipe down for quick settings.
That is very annoying.

I bought the S8 Midnight Black and I am impressed desu.
Downside on the Note is just the size.

Mmm, that battery drain.

They are compensating.

I don't do that anyways. Bluetooth and "do not disturb" not showing up is more annoying for me. Perhaps they will figure out something smart with a software update.

Might consider the X at a later date or if they release a second version with a different way to house the sensors. I have been using android for the most part and didn't want to spend so much on a phone when I was not sure I was going to like the software. It's been great so far though so perhaps I will get the top model next time.

Hope you enjoy the X tho. It has a lot more personality and looks than any other phone today.

will they s8 be getting treble.

S6 confirmed

so its leaked

>Note 8
I got one. Absolutely love it.

Not a huge fun of the edge thing though, it can be a bitch operating one handed sometimes. Bixby and Samsung's Voice-To-Text are fucking useless too. The free 128GB MicroSD card and wireless charger from Samsung are nice.

>physical keyboard
This isn't 2007, bud

because I have the coolest phone of all already

Don't give a fuck about mobiles.

Still using a Samsung S5, screens cracked, back-covers fucked.

Love the aesthetics of the phone, but Blackberrry patched it to death.
>Broken battery time, shit perfomance even with CPU beast in it. Encrypted bootloader

I don't get why Apple didn't shave off some of the top part of the screen to avoid the notch. It would have looked good either way.

I got a s7 edge 3600mah in my s6. my battery lasts all day and longer.

it is confirmed, you mouthbreather. Enjoy your shitty U11

But they will for the iPhone XI

They'll put on a 10 minute video with Jonathan Ive describing the design breakthrough he and his team came up with to make the greatest iphone ever made.

when it comes down to it, you're never going to be off the grid or free from the botnet if you own a phone and even if a phone never ever gets updated again, any modern smartphone will just werk for browsing the net or calling people so why not just get the coolest phone in your budget?

priv is far from perfect but it's aesthetic, has a kb and amoled screen and takes microsd cards so I wont be giving it up anytime soon

Told you
>battery

>symmetry is lost
fuck it, I'm buying the S8

oh yeah the battery isn't great tee bee aich
used to be when I first got it but a few months later it's a bit shit

That photoshop is awful

(though it probably will look like that)

>I'm fat, the post
>i'm a contrarian, the post
>I want to be different®, the post

I honestly think they did it this way partly because it makes it easy to see what phone you got. Iphone is a status symbol ( I know I know, poorfags on contracts etc Fuck off ).

They want others to know you are using an iphone. With cases and more and more of the front being taken up by screens making every phone look the same. Samsung edge shit is the same thing. Makes the screen super fragile and does not really add much to usability. But it looks unique.

Weird 4chanx adds desu behind my sentences when I write:

I am impressed

desu
senpai

>this isn't 2007
Oh this argument again!

It's still better than most Android devices around, but it's not a Keyone.

It looks cool, but it's an accessory. You still need to spend a lot of money for a phone that natively lacks the physical keyboard.

>ad personam
It must be awful to lack arguments against a senseful remark.