Does using a turbo charger degrade your phone's battery life?

does using a turbo charger degrade your phone's battery life?

yes

no

maybe

Absolutely not.

can you repeat le question? Xd

it should

please give me some legitimate info on this for fuck's sake
the only charger I have is the turbo one that came with my phone and I'm really worried

You can turn it off on the phone.

what how
when I plug it in it a
>turbo charger detected
notification pops up but I don't see any sort of option for it to charge normally using it

>ease give me some legitimate info on this for fuck's sake

increased voltage and amperage all at once discombobulate the battery's chemical contiguity

Forced induction won't give you more CPU horsepower

Although it does reduce overall battery life, it's really REALLY miniscule and you probably wouldn't even see a difference within the year. Now, what's the sauce on that

please define really really miniscule
I'm not one of those dumb faggots who blows $600 a year on a new phone
I want mine to last

A new OEM battery is like $20-40 every 2 years

stop worrying so much and just turbo charge it you can always replace the battery

you do know how to open your phone right?

It will to a degree, your phone should have a setting to disable the faster charge though (for mine it's under settings->battery->advanced options and labelled 'fast charge' (galaxy A5) it's natural that faster charge means more current/voltage and more heat which is usually what will damage batteries the most. But just how big of a difference I'm not sure. Depending on your phone you can also get a spare battery for 30-40 dollars later down the line and it'll be like new.

my phone doesn't have a removable battery
opening it up would be a huge fucking pain and I'm really stupid

so pay someone to replace the battery in it its still much cheaper than a new phone

YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME NOW

Sauce?

I can't do either of those on my phone
I'm using the first droid turbo
where would I go to do that?

google it there is likely a shop in your area that you will be able to take it into

If it helps I've been using turbo charging since the Turbo came out and I've seen miniscule amounts of issues with battery life. I wouldn't worry about it.

just curious, how much screen on time do you get with a full charge these days?
I usually get between 6 to 6 and half hours until it hits 15% if I'm constantly using it, sometimes a little less depending on what I was doing

If it didn't cause issues it'd just be the default option, do you honestly think manufacturers are just sitting on the ability to let you charge your shit faster? It's something you have to specifically enable because it's a trade-off.

Oneplus dash charge doesn't. Very clever design that everyone should steal.

Put the charging control in the charger, not the phone.

Charging faster requires higher voltage and or current. This causes your batter to be at a higher average temperature when compared to slower chargers, which will degrade its battery life. Will it degrade at a rate significant enough for to actually make a difference? I dunno.

the turbo charger came with my phone and turbo charging IS the default option, you can't disable it