Fedora KDE vs OpenSUSE

I'm looking to delve into Red Hat based distros. Fedora looks like a good starting place, but I fucking hate Gnome and want to use KDE. Is there a reason I should use pic related instead of Fedora's KDE spin?

My most recent distro hop was from Fedora to Suse on an XPS laptop. Both ran great but latest Fedora somehow managed to set up audio more robustly than latest Suse. Meaning in the latter if I change the volume it only takes effect after a full reboot, lol. Anyway the main strength of / reason for Suse is, and has been for decades, YaST2 (yet another setup tool) which allows for a LOT of system/software/hardware configuration interactively in a GUI that runs not just in any WM but also ncurses-based outside of any WM. Other reasons may include the logo, nostalgia, or a personal preference for non-US distros. Fedora seemed to have slightly more packages more easily available, but for the ones that matter to me personally (all dev-related), they're all readily available as packages/extra-repos and many of those I prefer to build-from-(latest)-source anyway.

Also, I don't think Suse is "Red Hat-based" in any manner, btw.

Because it's slack based

I love GNOME so openSUSE is the obvious answer.

Only was in the early days IIRC?

Why is the de/wm determining your distro choice? Are you new to Linux?
I’m not trying to be rude I’m just asking so I can better help you find a good fit for your needs.

It uses rpm's, so it's easy to see why they'd think that.

OBS is also nice for SUSE.

Definitely Fedora KDE. I was like you about a month ago, but I was looking more at getting a good KDE distro. Fedora is just right
Opensuse has annoying shit that even fa/g/ets here will not address like Abort instead of Cancel. When you use it you'll see what I mean about how Opensuse is not just right. Its a shit.

You can make anything work eventually with enough tinkering, doesn't mean it isn't a pain in the ass on some distros.

opensuse is for old people, my boss uses it I almost barfed they first time I used his laptop

>t. sperg

Yeah, I'm realizing that looking into it further. Definitely going Fedora then.

opensuse tumbleweed if you want a good rolling, leap is too old (the installer didn't even have my touchpad driver (2016 laptop) )
Opensuse KDE integration is top tier :
>yast follow qt theme
>firefox use kde file picker (with image preview)
>you have the Adwaita Gnome (light and dark) theme installed by default, so you can use it if you want gnome app to look like on gnome

I use it for weeks and I had less bug than on Kubuntu and KDE Neon

Fedora KDE is just a vanilla KDE on top of Fedora, also Fedora realyse cycle follow the Gnome one and not the KDE one, OpenSUSE Leap is maybe old but follow LTS release of KDE

also others good point that are unrelated to KDE :
>Yast is a good way to manage ur Linux if you don't want to learn CLI
>tumbleweed is a rolling-stable, more stable than a full rolling like arch
>the installer is power-admin oriented and let u do some advanced stuff
>no bugged Appstore rippof, a synaptic-like instead
>some people don't like pattern, I find it usefull, you want to dev in java ? install the java pattern and fuck it, same for .net, c++ ...
>by using SUSE software, you get professinal quality stuff without the "We are Linux desktop" Redhat's way of thinking

>>by using SUSE software, you get professinal quality stuff without the "We are Linux desktop" Redhat's way of thinking

Isn't that more the Gnome project than Redhat (yes, I know the latter sponsors the former)? It's asinine and retarded, hence why I prefer KDE. Fedora has a 6 month release cycle, so I think KDE stuff will stay reasonably updated.

He wants red hat type os.
No one has mentioned centOS. I was just trying to figure out why exactly he or she or it wanted a specific de/wm.
CentOS = RHEL - (licensing+support)
If de/wm wasn’t an issue I would recommend openbox/i3 on centOS. But I have no idea what his or her or Xer desires are.

I like how you've been following me around and using the same insult. Proves my point about how shit opensuse is tb h

>btrfs as default

no thanks

KDE Plasma is project that benefits from rolling distros. So if I would want to use KDE - I would go oS Tumbleweed > Fedora > oS Leap.

I like KDE but what you seem to have experience is with GNOME3 and not SLE Classic(Gnome classic shell with 1 bar, SuSE-only) or Gnome-classic-shell

Pic related, SLE Classic