Opinions?

opinions?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2007/12/researchers-discover-second-light-sensing-system-in-human-eye/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Good

placebo

Ugly af

trash

try to use it for more than an hour on night and then disable it, your eyes will litteraly scream

This is built into Windows 10

on Gnome too, and on KDE with wayland

Definitively not

Yeah but those aren't relevant

just turn down your brightness lmao

Its bullshit and the solution is to sit in a well lit room

news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2007/12/researchers-discover-second-light-sensing-system-in-human-eye/

>New research on blind subjects has bolstered evidence that the human eye has two separate light-sensing systems — one that perceives the familiar visual signals that allow us to see and a second, separate system that tells our body when it is day or night.
>They exposed one subject to two separate light sources, one blue and one green — the peak wavelength for normal vision. They found that the green light had no effect on the presence of melatonin — the hormone that signals night time and makes us sleepy — while exposure to blue light led to a 57 percent decline in melatonin. Exposure to blue light also resulted in a shifting of the subject’s body clock by 1.2 hours and increased alertness (measured by brain alpha wave activity), hearing performance, and the subject’s reported sleepiness.

i just manually adjust all my displays to reduce blue level till they more closely match the lighting of my house

just buy an old TN monitor for $10 if you want shitty colors so badly

99% placebo.
turn down brightness & turn on the lights

redshift

I'm on 0% brithness on night, with lights on, still hurt me to switch it

and iPhone and Android

>doesn't burn your eyes at night
>burns your eyes
inb4 projector masterrace

Interesting, considering the sun's light peaks in the green wavelengths.

Proprietary software. Use redshift.

>plenty of scientific evidence
>"99% placebo"

It really does make a difference in my experience. If I stay up late on my PC I never felt tired and then it always took me ages to get to sleep. Now I switch to "night mode" or whatever it's called at 22:00 and actually get tired while using the PC so can sleep afterwards.

I wouldn't use it most of the time because I prefer accurate colours but just before bed it works great.

I don't know how, but i find Mac OS's implementation much better. Maybe it's just the settings i have it at, but the effect is much more subtle and only when it turns off do you realise things are suddenly more blue-ish.

The others i've tried just go OARANGE

one of the very few things that i miss since i switched to ubuntu

and macOS too. I prefer f.lux though

definitely not.
Before, my eyes got really tired and red from prolonged looking in monitor, after I installed Redshift(open source f.lux) I don't have that problem anymore

The problem is that usually monitors are too strong in the blue anyway.

Just calibrate your monitor properly for around 100ccd/m2 brightness and turn off that red filter.

My glasses have blue light block lenses and it's like an almost invisible flux. that only triggers when receiving blue light (make a white screen slightly yellow-tinted)

It's makes eye fatigue a thing of the past.

because you pupils have dilated to compensate for the dimmer screen, dummy.

gnome version sucks ass, it's too yellow and you can't adjust it like you can in windows

I think your right, but it's still good to have less light on night, that + I keep it

there is still redshift-gtk

What kind of country do you live in where electricity is available but lamps aren't?

Definitely not a placebo. My brain feels more tired but my eyes feel less tired when I use it. It's good if you plan on going to sleep soon or if your monitor hurts your eyes at night.

I can't use that on my phone because custom ROMs all have problems with that feature.

What's the difference between this and setting my monitor color temperature to warm?

Customize it

Are you a brainlet who's literally never been outside?
>sky turns red during sunset
>the air scatters most of blue light, leaving hardly any available near sunset
>green is scattered less, red the least, so they're a worse determinant

Windows 10 and Gnome include this, f.lux is deprecated.

Designers will try to adapt this functionality because customer "compains" and apps will start to consume more resources (as always)

$this

My cs teacher told our class about f.lux it really does help with getting to sleep after sitting infront of you screen all day. It could be placebo but i have tested it multiple time some days with some without and when using f.lux i normally fall asleep way faster

t.ard

you can get f.lux on linux senpai

>Using a program that steals information
Why not use redshift ?

I run all my displays at a calibrated 5000K white point now. Can't stand anything cooler, and 5000K looks totally normal to me now.

> "This shows us why giving special meaning to the peak frequency is rather meaningless. Furthermore, astronomers like to model the sun as a perfect blackbody, which it is not. According to the wavelength-space blackbody model, the sun peaks in the green! When astronomers say the sun is green, they mean that their inexact model peaks in wavelength in the green."

>Falling for the flux meme
Lmao'ing @ ur life
Glad I bought these instead, much better
Hahahhaha baka OP.

How come my KDE doesn't have it? What's Wayland?

Lol nerd

I can't live without it.

I have f.lux on my laptop, phone, and even ereader.

...and TV, since I only watch stuff via laptop.