Hey Sup Forums, my wireless router just died on me. (pic related)

Hey Sup Forums, my wireless router just died on me. (pic related)

What's your router and what CFW are you running? Currently looking into the market for the new one but still unsure.

Also quite curious on your setup.
pfSense build welcomed, always nice to see these.

using a mikrotik hap ac. satisfied

>mikrotik hap ac
I called in a shop in my city and they're out of stock for this one and won't have another batch until 2 weeks, damn it.

Looked really nice user, noted.

I have a wrt1900ac v1, while the stock firmware is fast - its shit.

custom firmware is buggy, linksys lied about its open source status, as in, they had no open source network driver, what we got is pretty shit. Avoid these routers imo.

Im looking into SBCs for my next router, something like the banana pi r2

>linksys lied
Didn't Belkin bought them? Someone recently told me that because I thought Cisco and Linksys were still together.

Yeah, but its still under the linksys brand

Mikrotik routers have a fairly user-unfriendly UI with a billion options, but if you're thinking pfsense, that shouldn't intimidate you. They also have a great track record with security patches for older models, unlike Linksys.

WRT54G, I've been using it for 14 years now

New linksys? I got mine like yours though reliable e1500, dead like after 4 years usage it was power adapter kek, I just finding out adapter were dead and i swap it from archer adapter.

People will be using those 100 years from now.

It just won't die

H-how? I'm constantly tweaking my network because even my 850Mbp/s WiFi connection to my desktop is too fucking slow

I just don't really care anymore about my internet speed. 10 Mbps is good enough for me.

This router is one of the best electronics purchase for me

will be sold on ebay for over 1000$

WRT54G running ddwrt.

Its why I bought the wrt1900ac, because I loved those routers so much. But its a insult to the name.

the fuck are you doing with your internet?
even 4k streaming doesn't need over 100 megabits

ubiquiti

I literally thinking to buy WRT1900AC since last month, thought I would reflash it with DD-WRT

Most simply LAN storage, I have RAID glusterfs setup which synchronises 3 different computers over WiFi.

850mbps on WiFi means only 53MBps max bandwidth, which is too slow for my setup.

>glusterfs

user, you don't want to show your plebness here

What?