What improvements did windows 10 make over windows 7?

What improvements did windows 10 make over windows 7?

Other urls found in this thread:

channel9.msdn.com/Blogs/Seth-Juarez/Memory-Compression-in-Windows-10-RTM
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/wdf/getting-started-with-umdf-version-2
youtube.com/watch?v=E3wTajGZOsA
youtube.com/watch?v=nUZVV_mssWQ
blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/wsl/2016/04/22/windows-subsystem-for-linux-overview/
channel9.msdn.com/Blogs/Seth-Juarez/Windows-Subsystem-for-Linux-Process-Architecture
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fuck If I know, why don't you google it you lazy cunt?

win 10 feels a lot more fluent, the aero shit looked horrible in windows 7 and without it it looked even worse, you can just start typing out shit when you press start, everything feels cleaner and faster

CORTANA
O
R
T
A
N
A

I only just reinstalled w7 and I disagree completely. It boots up for me in under 10 seconds on an evo 850, never lags, and looks much better imo. In comparison I've had W10 completely freeze up on me at random when working in visual studio, and had a ton of unresponsiveness and lag issues with (((cortana))) and the new shitty start menu

None, it literally forces updates down your throat whether you're doing something important or not.

Windows 8.1 with classic shell is simply superior to Botnet10

idk
does downgrading the scheduler count?

Memory compression and page sharing.
channel9.msdn.com/Blogs/Seth-Juarez/Memory-Compression-in-Windows-10-RTM

Completely new user-mode driver framework that isn't based on the COM bullshit like UMDF 1.
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/wdf/getting-started-with-umdf-version-2

Automatic driver installation over Windows Update just werks.
Anecdotal.

Various presentation optimizations that reduce the number of buffer copies required to get the image on the screen in many cases.
youtube.com/watch?v=E3wTajGZOsA
youtube.com/watch?v=nUZVV_mssWQ

Remodeled process architecture that allows things like WSL to exist.
blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/wsl/2016/04/22/windows-subsystem-for-linux-overview/
channel9.msdn.com/Blogs/Seth-Juarez/Windows-Subsystem-for-Linux-Process-Architecture

Window snap is a lot better.
Toast notifications.
Better RAM management.
And that feature (that almost every Linux DE has) when you open a window but can still scroll down on a window in the background.

I still use Windows 7 fyi.

Sounds like a whole lot of bullshit. None of this is noticeable in the end product

spyware improvements

Let Pajeet win his daily Bing points.

You might notice that your applications use less memory because they are sharing loaded libraries.
You might notice that you aren't getting as many hard page faults because the memory you're accessing was simply compressed instead of stashed away to disk.
When some retards writes a shit driver for your scanner you won't get a bsod if it's written in UMDF 2.
You won't need to hunt for drivers from a dozen different manufacturer pages because they'll be installed for you without issues in almost all cases.
If you're playing a game in "fullscreen borderless" you'll get less latency.
You can run unmodified linux binaries. How the fuck is that not immediately noticeable?

I feel like you're inventing the problems that the microsoft team """solved""".

KEK

Windows subsystem for Linux is enough reason to upgrade to 10.

I'm still using Win XP. I'm thinking eventually I'll get a chromebook for web browsing and continue using the Win XP machine for everything else. For me "everything else" is primarily note taking with Word Pad.

I feel like you are trying to shit on the only post in this thread that tried to properly answer OPs question because you can't accept that even with all the shit that Microsoft did with Windows 10 there are some real improvements happening in the background.

I feel like you're right, but I'm also right

Boot up time. That's it.

Not really. Microsoft set hibernate as the default shut down mode in Win10, but Win7 can also hibernate, right?

Hybrid shutdown hibernates just the kernel. It's different.
I can't imagine a case where you'd want that but not regular hibernation though.

Much improved monitor DPI scaling & multi monitor management. It's not perfect, but a lot better.

Supports newer hardware.

Cleaner UI, eg less pixels wasted on UI borders/shadows etc.

... thats about it for end users i think? not much.

It improved Microshit profits.

Not OP.
Still using Win7 at home.
Some of our work computers use Win10 (but it's a hospital so I can't play around much with the system capabilities). Sometimes I think I might try Win10 at home, and every time I start to think that Win10 does some bullshit at work.

I'm honestly open to reasoning. Why SHOULD I want to upgrade to Win10, if I primarily use my laptop for internet and some gaming?

Too many to list

If you're a touchscreen goy like me then you'll notice a lot; even Windows 8 was garbage in comparison. No more fiddling with teeny tiny links in the old Control Panel, unless you're looking for an extremely obscure setting.

It allows you realize that Windows is shit that can't be improved and finally switch to a Mac. That's the biggest feature, it worked for me.

>botnet with bloatware preinstalled
>lower frame rate in 95% of games (am running older system though)
>-45 fps on CSGO, crucial on 64 slot servers as it drops below 100 at times

>older builds were broken for a few days, at least on my machine..
>Start menu wouldn't work
>Os would lag / unresponsive

whos the cute girl