>>63566756

>refresh of a refresh of a refresh of a new uArch
I think even GPU vendors never go this far.

they never went this far

Thermi, is like, totally unrelated to that.
Should've posted 8800 rebages, kiddo.

>using intel in 2017+1

intel is the new bulldozer

buy AMD or gtfo

DELID THIS

*delids with $50 tool for delidding*
Nothin personnel, kid

The AMD hat isn't even flipped what the fuck

>Broadwell
>Skylake
>Kaby Lake
>Kaby Lake refresh
>Skylake X
>Coffee Lake
>Cascade Lake
>Coffee Lake refresh
Jesus fucking Christ, will Intel ever stop releasing 14nm CPUs?

14nm++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Indead.

>still running haslel at 4ghz
Man does it feel good

It literally doesn't matter what cpu you have if it's over a i5 2400 as of today lmao. For games at least.

>14++++++++++++++++
you can't make this shit up

>Broadwell was the last good Intel cpu
Why are they walking backwards?

That's actually deprecated nomenclature, in Intel we use power factors of ten as of now so it's easier to read. e.g: 14+^6

>they don't know it's impossible to go beyond 14nm for x86 cpus
user, I...

$50 on new chipset

Frame times

>meme times
Yes user, let's upgrade our cpus because linus tarballs techtips said you get better memefrapes nobody even notices.

I notice it

zen+ will be 12nm.

>"will be"
Yep, and intel was supposed to make 12nm cpus right now and turns out they aren't.
They don't want the cat out of the box yet, you can only go so far because space between transistors grows so small that voltage literally breaks the cpu after a year of use.

there are 10nm cpus already in production, i don't see why x86 would be a special case.

But we're talking a years old roadmap that's since been updated several times versus both AMD and GloFo's current roadmaps. There's really not any time to pull out of this with the chips due in early 2018.

power consumption and voltage, the space between transistors is so low that voltage degrading the "walls" separating transistors is an issue that wrecks the chip giving it a very short lifespan

That's alright I guess? Intel's 10nm most likely will be a sidegrade to what we already have, so further refining their 14nm process for as long as possible is a sound decision.

>(((12nm)))

>refining their 14nm process
>making it the second set of 14++ processors
It's not even 14+++.

You don't want Intel's 10nm right now, and even in the mid-term future it's not looking good.

>voltage literally breaks the cpu after a year of use.

Sounds like a win for intel. Yearly processor upgrades, goy.

Of course I'm aware why they aren't using it, but that doesn't make the siutation any better.

Oh, you mean 9800 rebadges?

I think you mean GT 210 rebadges

Wait for 14+++
Just be patient, user

I want to hug sayaka