If you're not running Linux as your daily driver you don't belong on Sup Forums

If you're not running Linux as your daily driver you don't belong on Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/LinxGem33/OSX-Arc-Darker
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PCI_passthrough_via_OVMF
affinity.serif.com/
apple.com/final-cut-pro/motion/
youtube.com/watch?v=ukWiKrTlMzQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

who gives a flying FUCK

>you don't belong on Sup Forums.
Too bad sweetie, I'm not going anywhere :^)

>manjaro
INSTALL ARCH, FAGGOT.

>VLC
>steam
You have to go back.

if you don't run openBSD, netBSD or plan 9, you're absolutely harmful and need to go back to /r/linux, /r/gnu or /r/windows

I don't run linux as my daily driver. but ill stick around Sup Forums just for you, OP.

It's hard to solve captchas with my router.

Look at this fucking virgin nerd lmao get out of your fucking basement. loser.

>mp3
>criticizing others' life choices

>manjaro
>mp3
>vlc
>amazon botnet
>steam botnet
kill yourself

Ran Arch as my daily driver for two years, and Linux in general for six years, but went back to Windows as of yesterday.
I missed the vidya, but now I miss the shell and package manager. Cygwin to the rescue, I guess.

duel boot

>giving a fuck about OSs

>daily driver

Get.

i'm using ubuntu 16.04 default on my x220, am i still cool enough?

>degenerate os and shell
go back to /r/ebbit

Nah man, at least manjaro
Arch for the puntang
Gentoo for CIA intrusion
Devuan if you don't have videocards.

windows is a reddit tier OS.
It even have the "ask me anything" bad implementation of krunner

Nah man it's nice, I like the ads: they keep me informed.
And the store for aps, JUST LIKE MY PHONE!!!!! I mean, wooow, just genius.

And macOS is the Buzzfeed of OS

>daily driver

Can you tell me what gtk theme is this?

Windows 10 + bash on windows.

ITT: Butthurt Wangblows users, too stupid to get into Linux. Enjoy your Battlefront 2, retards.

REEEEEEEEE

FUCKING WINKEKS OFF MY BOARD

Ubuntu 16.04 on xx20s is so comfy it's unreal.

github.com/LinxGem33/OSX-Arc-Darker

Doesn't work on Enterprise LTSB.

>he doesn't run templeos

You did good. 16.04 Unity is the thinking man's OS. There are no clear successors at present.

Did I do alright? Had Ubuntu for a month, first time using anything but Windows

As long as it's not winshit

Theme/icon pack?

Do GPU passthrough.

papirus dark
arc dark solid

Thank you :*

Yes

Yeah! Keep it going, user

But I do :^)

not her but help a brotha out. i recently got a new laptop with dedicated gpu. can i create a vm that uses the nvidia card while i use the laptop with the integrated intel one? will run arch, btw

no

oh

I've never tried GPU passthrough on a laptop but theoretically if the iommu groupings are properly separated out it could be possible.

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PCI_passthrough_via_OVMF

a taskbar AND a dock ? Why ?

Theoretically possible. Two obvious concerns I see though:

1. I seem to recall that in integrated/dedicated GPU setups the integrated GPU passes it's frames to the dedicated one for final display (or vica versa, I forget which) as only one of the GPUs can possibly be connected to the actual display.

2. Having done GPU passthrough on a desktop before: the VM outputs it's video via the physical port on the GPU, meaning you need to hook up another monitor (and then because it isn't integrated into your main desktop you also have to give it it's own mouse & keyboard or use Synergy). Best case this happens to your laptop and you have to hook up a monitor, worst case you don't get any output at all, or it takes over your main display. I imagine this can be circumvented using Steam in-home streaming from one OS to the other (or similar) but that's going to incur an even greater performance penalty as you'll be doing encode & decode on the machine alongside the gaming.

Same here user. That's why I bought a 1700 and am doing passthrough. Basically you throw a gpu into a vm to get near native (99% realistically) performance. I know not everyone has the cash for it, but its definitely a good option if you have the hardware.

>daily driver

The problem with using a dgpu in a laptop is the way its wired to the igpu. Long story short, they're tied together and this means it's very complicated to make it work properly. There are ways, coming up in the near future, but they're not ready yet.

Need proper dgpu separation from the igpu. If you look into the configuration, essentially what happens is the dgpu forwards the frame buffer to the igpu which displays it on the screen.

Linux meets all my requirements of a kernel.

>daily driver
Why mah linux does not driver my anywhere?

inb4
>noobuntu
LTS, I need stability. Used arch before, worked without issue for more than a year, but few months ago after an update couldn't make it to boot in any mode.
Don't really want this to happen again. Even if I can fix it, I don't want to waste time to fix it.

So, boobuntu is best stable LTS distribution, right?

too bad wine is a p.o.s.

No suitable alternative to Photoshop and Illustrator. Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer, the only suitable modern alternatives I've found, are only available for Windows and macOS.

affinity.serif.com/

Thanks anons

>cuck license
You need to go to back to r/twoxchromosomes

Reminder if you have a vagina or are a mentally ill man in a dress you need to get the fuck off of Sup Forums because you add nothing of value to the conversation and you are destroying civilization with your degeneracy

>manjaro
>vlc

The real state of freetards!

Don't listen to him, you're welcome here. :^)

You're doing good. Stick to stable distros. If you want to learn anything about linux, you don't need to install arch or gentoo, or whatever. Just pick a book about subject and learn.

It's correct for the old-school-Sup Forums. There's no more such Sup Forums. The neo-Sup Forums is shit, the generation grown on iPads, they don't even know how a computer works.

Does Linux have an alternative to Apple Motion yet?

apple.com/final-cut-pro/motion/

>muh safespace
you can't keep avoiding reality.

Too bad you can't use virtualization and have best of both worlds.
If only there were a solution...

Nuke, as it always had.

>using the smiley with the carat nose

>If only there were a solution...

>getting away from Windows only to reinstall it again on top of another operating system just for two pieces of software

How about staying on Windows until the software is released?

>If only there were a solution...

A *nix OS that also natively runs professional graphics software.

>ugly femanon detected

No, no, the technologically illiterate need to leave.

They won't. If you want to use linux, just do it and find solution to your problems.

Straight white man is talking. Go back to

>t.faggot

Nuke is tailored for compositing video. Motion, while it can do compositing, is tailored towards motion graphics; titles, animations, text, etc..

fuck that, just have some VMs you care for and be done with it.

So it's superior to your shitty apple app.

They're two different things. Nuke is a node-based compositor, Motion is a mograph designer.

If you don't contribute with technical disscutions, you don't belong on Sup Forums

It can do compositing, can't it?
Does your buttplug feels uncomfortable when you know that you're defending inferior product?

None of the software from Ableton, Propellerhead, Steinberg, Native Instruments, or EastWest is compatible with Linux.

youtube.com/watch?v=ukWiKrTlMzQ

Linux is simply just not the best operating system for music production right now.

>r/cyberpunk

There are some nice pictures I like. I don't necessary know what cyberpunk is. :^)

>using the smiley with the carat nose

>packages 2331
Jesus, Ubuntu really is a mess

(((LibKEKS))) OWNED epic style! Upvoted xD praise Kek!

My 8 core 16 thread CPU and 16GB of RAM doesn't care. :^)

GPU passthrough works like a charm but you have to switch monitor inputs, use synergy or have 2 keyboards/mice. Its just running Windows in a crappy way. After doing it for 2 years I gave up the ghost and moved back to windows. Once SR-IOV gets to the consumer line of products we will be in a better spot.

I had always hoped that SteamOS and Vulkan would usher in a new era of gaming for Linux.

I want to believe there is still hope, but as time goes by I just don't feel so confident anymore.

>I'm going to be bloated and wasteful because I can be!
This attitude is why most modern software sucks. It's also why America is full of fat fucks

Don't lose hope. linux is getting new users every year and I'm pretty sure linux market share will skyrocket when windows 7 support ends

t. communist

>I'm not going anywhere
The absolute state of Sup Forums

This

Give me better LTS, stable and nonbloated distribution then.

>I don't necessary know what cyberpunk is
kek'd moderately
just off yourself

I use xrandr in my vm script to turn off the monitor in linux. My monitor autoswitches to the active input so it's very convenient. That along with my second monitor and synergy and it's super slick.

It's much better than it used to be. Seeing as some big titles are actually releasing with Linux versions which would have never happened before valves efforts.

if you don't run openBSD, netBSD or plan 9, there's a good chance you have a working OS.