What's Google's end game here?

What's Google's end game here?

I work at retail and we sold over a thousand of these things and with discounts and coupons we're practically giving them out.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GHokCnGxMJ8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Information gathering

B-B-B-BINGO

Literally nothing these pieces of shit can do that your phone can't

they're so fucking useless and only retards who smell their own farts buy them.

Spread the botnet, gather as much data as possible.

Softening the market up to be more receptive to dining room listening devices. Dinner conversations are extremely valuable to brokers but dumbass bugmen don't reliably bring devices while running the correct apps to the table.

They need the goyim data to own their souls forever.

I smell my own farts, but I'm not buying one of those.

While visiting family that still has cable for thanksgiving, I saw that pretty much every other commercial was for these fucking things. That's probably why they're selling so many.

Got a Amazon Echo for my parents for xmas. I think they might find it usual. My father needs more practice talking with his Parkinsons and my mother is always pestering him to look things up on the interbutt. Might be a gimmick. Might also be useful. We'll see. Either way at their age they don't exactl have anyuthing to worry about with regards to a botnet.

> 1984 + 33
> buying spying devices

>Parkinsons
so, possible edge case use found. The remainder of us? Never forget = its a fucking self-installed botnet
>at their age they don't have to worry bout botnets
oh, but they do user, they do. No-one is ever too old not to bother about becoming the victim of a botnet, never mind be subjected to one by family members who really should know better.

Listening and recording your voice?

I think it would be cool if I could use it to check in on them every now and then to make sure they are OK without having to pick up the phone and get into a conversation. They are hardly going to be having sex on the sofa at their age.

Smelling your own farts is literally healthy

IT'S THE MATERIALIZED BOTNET

It was cheap, so I bought one. I don't know why, but im enjoying it. Someone help me.

I like to sit on my hand then sniff it after

>What's Google's end game here?

Oh user, you'll know. You'll know.

What the fuck do you think? It's literally spyware. The endgame is the same as with any other spyware.

Wait, what? Are people actually buying a microphone from Google and placing it in the middle of their living room?

>with discounts and coupons we're practically giving them out

is it not too far fetched to believe they're being subsidized by the NSA?

>What's Google's end game here?
|
|>
|
|

Google has always made it very clear they want to kill all humans.
They have a very interesting way to do it though.
I don't know why people are funding these terrorists though.
I would rather not use a computer.

fugg, what an strange age to live

I like to put them on a cup and drink them.

yes. sometimes they buy AMZ microphones instead, there's probably lunatics with both.
what may still prove the final saviour of humanity, they are still not self-installing. I'd (srsly) estimate, 40%+ of this evil will sit on the 'consumer items that were on special offer' shelf unopened. The rest, maybe 10-15% wont figure out in needs batteries (dont think it has on/off?), or eat it, or some shit.
so until these become self-aware, start breeding and installing themselves, theres still a chance. A slim one tho.

Yeah, it's baffling. My sister has her place completely wired up with this shit, and even has it set up through some IoT site so she can use them to unlock doors and control the thermostat and such.

I don't understand why you want Google and Amazon to be able to unlock your door and adjust the heat and so on but she thinks it's great.

I went to a game jam and they gave away about 10 of these as prizes. This week I also went to a coding challenge and the prizes were also these

>prizes
participation, per chance?
>loser gets three

What information do they want that they don't already have?

Can't they just listen with your phone anyway?
Is the idea that you are fully signing on to a system that listens all the time?
I still haven't found a single real use case for this. None of the AI assistants work properly. None of the "Home Kits" actually work properly and nobody uses Siri with their Outlook calendar.

Why would anyone let their face be monitored, their heart rate monitored, and allow their conversations to be documented? None of this stuff even works.

My guess; there isn't a plan. Just distribute and figure it out later.

Amazon has a plan for these things so Google needs to compete or be left behind. Not so much benefit Google so much as fuck Amazon

It turns on and off my lights without me having to walk to the switch or fumble with a remote. It also tells me the time at night without having to open my eyes.

My in-laws use one of those Amazon botnets to play music and find out the weather. The listening all the time stuff is bad, but it's even weirder that people are talking to machines. During Thanksgiving they told me to use it to set a timer. I sperged out and just used my phone instead.

>It also tells me the time at night without having to open my eyes.
features you never knew you needed. Does it also 'tell you things' while you are asleep?

Amazon seems like the only tech company that knows what it wants lately. Google and Apple are just sitting back adding to their $200b+ cash reserves. Google still makes 80% of its profits from its search algorithm and Apple is still riding off of Jobs' iPhone/iPad profits.

No because I don't have sleeptalking problems. But I imagine an autist with a tinfoil hat like you would.

>They are hardly going to be having sex on the sofa at their age.
How do you know?

The only reason normies get these is so they can have a hands-free kitchen timer while cooking stuff.

>tinfoil

Where have you been for the last 5 years? They're spying, m8.

>oh no they can hear which anime series I watch!

>the "nothing to hide" meme

Go be a cuck somewhere else. Not everyone wants the entire world to know everything they're doing.

Not all of us have a trove of questionable chink cartoons either, really makes you think.

INSTALLERS!
FOUND A HOLDOUT!
INSTALLERS!!!

>wanting to live in a world where oligarchs listen to everything that goes on in everyone's homes

no one is listening just bots

>nobody is listening in real time, it's all just stored in The Cloud® and readily accessible indefinitely to a corporation with strong ties to the CIA

Well that's reassuring. Even if someone did decide to listen in in real time, you'd have no way to know they were.

I want one of these, and at $30 it seems like a no-brainer. Might buy one if I can find the gray one in stock when I start Xmas shopping. Gonna buy one for me and one for my friend who hates her Echo.

I really want an Echo Spot though. Waiting patiently for Google to copy it. An alarm clock / videophone that just happens to have a voice assistant built into is loads more compelling than just a speaker.

I really love the appearance of the Echo Spot. But the Alexa devices trigger all the time when they shouldn't. Google Home devices don't. And Bezos is a bastard.

>why does Google want to get as many listening devices in my home as possible?
>what could possibly go wrong?

To be fair though I would maybe get one if I could verbally abuse it and hurt its feelings just because I hate Google so much.

The world is more dystopian than 1984. Orwell thought a toltalitarian government would have to force mass surveillance on us but people put 2 in way TVs/listening devices in their living rooms and carry personal tracking devices in their pockets willingly.

youtu.be/GHokCnGxMJ8

fuck of shit eating shill no one on Sup Forums would say that