Daily reminder that 3.5mm headphone jacks are the reason why phones are so horrendously thick

Daily reminder that 3.5mm headphone jacks are the reason why phones are so horrendously thick.

Phones aren't thick, at all.

>wanting to carry a charger with you all the time

thank you for reminding me of this user, I'm going to buy myself some Apple AirPods

>why phones are so horrendously thick
They aren't go fuck yourself Apple shill

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!

If anything, phones are too thin.
Gimme back 1cm thick phones or more.

Daily reminder that Apple brainwashing projects are the reason why OP is so horrendously thick.

Handlet detected.

This a patent for a phone that has the jack instead stretch from the phone itself? That's pretty neat

Fucking Clover. This is it flipped 180.

What the fuck. Flipped it again.

Phones didn't get noticeably thinner removing them so..

Yep, Microsoft came out with that one. Proof that there's no genius in the genius bar.

How will future foldeable phones adress this

But they are not thick enough, I want the age of high test phones back

Ahh, I'm glad this pasta returned after a year or two of being absent

OP5T is the same center thickness as the Pixel 2 XL, with even thinner tapering at the edges, all while including the 3.5mm jack.

daily reminder that you're fucking retarded.

The Moto Z did, but it made the battery so piss poor that you had no choice but to use a battery mod if you wanted a full day.

Z Play had that dank ass 3500 mah battery though.

udderly bdfo'd

The unmitigated horror of a phone a few MM thick.
In all honesty though, is the USB-C the way of the future, or a wasteful dongle? I want to pick up a pixel, and the fact that I regularly use very specific headphones that require a 3.5mm jack for multiple devices is what's keeping me from getting the 2 vs the original.
Is the adapter a pain? Or should I just start changing all my shit over from microUSB to USB-C anyways?

USB C is a major upgrade even just in terms of durability. The connectors are far less prone to bending or breaking.

Thin phones are a shitty meme and I hate how phone companies are pushing it so hard. Make it 3,4, fuck 5 times thicker and give me a decent fucking battery life.

galaxy s6 is one of the thinnest phones out there and it manages to have a headphone jack

>UUUHHH THIINNERR
Thanks for ruining smartphones retards.

>doubt

honestly I hate these thin phones with glass backs. it makes the phone feel really fragile and slippery. I had to get a THICC case just to make the phone feel good in my phone.

But, but... more ways to make money!

Reminder that the iPhone X is thicker than the iPhone 6S, which still had an audio jack.

a) No it's not the reason at all.
b) Any reasonable person would take a couple extra millimeters of thickness if it meant a bigger battery.

>phones
>thick
They're thinner than pencils nowadays, you moron
It's actually really fucking uncomfortable, I wish this fucking thin meme would die already

This, what the fuck
Do you want your phone to shatter whenever you try to pick it up?

that camera already made it thicker so whats the point?

Daily reminder that there's phones with a headphone jack thinner than phones that lack a headphone jack
t. Moto z/z2 play

That is why you should put a case on them, to make them thicker again.

What's Sup Forums's ideal phone?

>1cm thick
>steel body
>No front facing camera because that never gets used anyway

It is pretty neat
And with camera bumps it wouldn't really add any overall thickness to the phone

Do people realize headphone jacks are three dimensional?

This

Phones are actually too thin to be comfortably held at this point unless you have literal five year old girl hands. You actually need a case.

>Big dick user replaceable battery
>Dual microsd card slots
>Free as in freedom software

God the note 8 is so sexy, glad I held on to the note 4 for so long.

>MUH THINNESS
When will this meme stop?

Top Fact. The thinnest phone in the world has a 3.5mm jack.

Would making the battery replaceable stop the phone from being waterproof?

Why did the Iphone get thicker when apple removed the 3.5 mm headphone jack?

no. S5 have it

When will glass cases stop? Phones should be made from carbon fibre.

Stacked logicboard. The headphone jack was removed for the simple reason of adding more internal space for other components. Which doesn't mean it is being utilized properly today.

I fucking miss qwerty smartphones. I hate having to buy shitty bluetooth snes controls just to play my fucking gameboy games properly.

The iPhone X is literally thicker than the OnePlus 5T and only a small fraction of a millimeter slimmer than the LG G6.

There is literally no good reason to get rid of the headphone jack.

Has everyone missed the part where Apple got rid of it because it is a structural issue?

i agree with this. any prolonged use of my phone ends with pinched nerves in my hands. i miss the days of big, thick phones with an external keyboard. they were actually comfy to use and your hands wrapped around them vs held them. we need ergonomic phones

>reminder that 3.5mm headphone jacks are the reason why phones are so horrendously thick
They why aren't phones getting even thinner after removing those ports?

World's thinnest phone. I suggest trying it.

Phone companies know that people drop their phones all the time and have adjusted accordingly to maximise profit.

Free market at work.

>people buy super thin, incredibly fragile but aesthetic phones
>those same people then slot them into thick, ugly cases so they won't break
It all seems a bit pointless.

So much this.

Although I think Kevlar, or a mix of carbon and Kevlar, would be even better.
Carbon on its own is very brittle.

What am I saying, I would settle for plastic anything better than glass.

>no smarmy jew pic
cmon son

BlackBerry KEYone

Better start eating soy

>it's a structural issue, goy
>how about a pair of air pods to go with your iphone x?

If the battery of the phone is thinner than a 3.5mm jack it's a garbage device.

Sexist fuck get out!

This is true

>remove headphone jack, then tell the (((journalists))) to tell the goyim it will make the phone thinner
>phone is exact same thickness, but now you pay more for less
>le happy bluetooth merchant face

lol

sorry for the reddit spacing

This is a pretty simple solution to make phones thinner. But honestly I wouldn't want it to be any thinner than it is now. If we make it thinner the chances of bending and breaking only get higher. I think the direction we should be going in is thin enough and lighter.

Phones have been practically thin for pockets and various other person based storage for over a decade. What we see now is just design bulimia.

reminder thinfags are why we can't have batteries that last more than a day, wireless charging, proper cameras, proper passive cooling, removable batteries and loads of other shit

Not if you put a case on it.

>case
Cases exemplify the fact that the phones themselves are now too thin to be durable.

Make a fucking new standard that isn't combine your charger with a headphone jack.

It's litterally not that hard to flatten out the standard jack.

carbon fibre is stupid unless you actually need it's light weight and strength
phones are already light enough, take the battery out of any modern phone and notice the difference in weight

>not wanting THICC

normies ruin everything

Just put more USB connectors at the bottom of the phone then.
But that's retarded too, because OP is full of shit.

3.5mm jack is not why phones arent thinner. It's in the name, 3.5mm. It's not a problem until the phone is ~5mm thick. you have to be pretty gullible to fall for that in the first place. Pic related is 4.75mm thick and has a 3.5mm jack.

It's not about the space the jack takes up either, as that is minuscule.

Phones arent thinner because it would be extremely impractical. The headphone jack is removed to sell more gadgets and prevent a standard that is too ubiquitous, cheap and reliable.

And we need cases because of the edge-to edge glass design and yes, thinness. Even then, if your phone is 10mm instead of 8mm due to a case, that's just you being a fashonista and not a practical concern.

But what's the alternative?

I love the Z Play. Big battery and headphone port. Had it for almost a year but I'd hate to upgrade now.

i just want a 4 inch phone that is 3/4 inch thick

This.

tfw no thicc bricc with ridicc battery life and great camera