/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Ask your questions that don't warrant their own thread here. Try to google first

Other urls found in this thread:

bit.csc.lsu.edu/~gb/csc4101/Reading/gigo-1997-04.html
blackmoreops.com/2015/12/23/crack-passwords-in-kali-linux-with-hydra/
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Citizen_Science
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what's the benefit of getting a programming related degree versus not getting one?

Is it still catfishing if I use FaceApp'ed version of my own photo?

I want to translate the following piece of code:
out[!ind][ok]

Can someone tell me what's going on with my GPU usage, and how I can fix it? Did someone install a miner botnet or something?

Fucking anyone? I am lazy as fuck and really don't want to wipe my system

reboot

Already did. In fact it started after I put in a new SSD a couple of hours ago (but it cannot possibly be caused by it, can it?)

Boot safe mode

Why does speccy think my i3-8100 is a kaby lake?

Will do, but what do I look at then?

See if your gpu acts up, if it does then reset drivers

I think I'm a retard, how do I check the GPU load and shit in safe mode?

Probably cause it's not updated, but your i3 is jsut a kaby lake i5

Also what do you mean by "reset drivers" - uninstall then reinstall?

It's a 1070 by the way, in case it makes any difference

Whats happen to desktop threads on Sup Forums?

Does anyone have an alternative to Gmail and Bluemail?

I am using an IBM MODEL M. Because of this I have no start button. What I'd like to know is if there is a way to open the start menu with the keyboard without pressing the start button. Is there, perhaps, another keyboard command that is equivalent?

meant to make a new thread

>Gmail
Hotmail
>Bluemail
Redmail

Core usage amd optimization

How much knowledge of front and back end web development do you need to have to be a UX/UI designer?

I see a lot of shit online about how you don't need to know any languages, but like, how useful can you really be if all you know how to do is make mockups? I assume at least a good understanding of HTML, CSS, and JS is necessary

Update: it seems to start about ~5 seconds after I login after booting. That seems to clearly indicate something running and taking up the GPU, as opposed to a driver malfunction or whatever.

Since it's not showing up in any process monitors, does that mean that I basically have to reinstall?

run malwarebytes and adwcleaner

Check your startup list with Microsoft Autorun.
Remember to run it as admin, if you dont it wont fully show your startup list.

What are some good headphones deals this Monday. Anything under 100 dollars would be great.

From the last thread:

>TypeError on Fval + ["Value"]
That was part of it. changed to Fval + d["Value"] and if d['boolean'] == ['true']: to if d['boolean'] == 'true':

>post code?
data = json.load(response)["list"]
falses, trues, falsetotal, truetotal = 0, 0, 0, 0
for d in data:
if d["type"] == "true":
trues = trues + 1
truetotal = truetotal + d["value"]
else:
falses = falses + 1
falsetotal = falsetotal + d["value"]
print(falses, trues, falsetotal, truetotal)

I switched around true and false for organization purposes (and changed the names of things from what was actually in the project), but this is essentially the working script.

An understanding of the underlying technology can help you judge what's technically easy, and what isn't. Here, backend understanding is arguably more useful, as unless you're asking for really crazy shit the frontend should be able to handle anything. On the backend, however, you can run into performance bottlenecks if your UX design demands weird operations.

Beyond that, knowledge of frontend technologies will help with mockups, yeah. But even for web development, if you are going to implement a fully styles, fully functional UI with css and js, that's not a mockup anymore. But if you're going to half-ass the CSS, it's going to look ugly as fuck and you're better off with a powerpoint wireframe. And if you're not going to implement JS functionality and instead use some other means to convey what should be happening, then why include any JS at all.

Pretty much all of our UI/UX designers come from an art background. They do mockups with paper or photoshop. The good ones know some basic stuff like how grids work, what is possible with JS etc. Designers who know frontend dev and are great at UI/UX are very rare.

ah ok makes sense now. Using Booleans instead of Strings as dict values might be a bit more efficient, but probably not a lot

Is Cyber Monday only good for buying electronics or would I be able to get some clothes too?

is there a fucking version of debian that is debian but with all that goddamn non free shit and every prepackged as 1 iso image instead of multiple gigbyte dvds? should i just switch to ubuntu?

It's been a while since I last installed 4chanx on something, is Greasemonkey not working with the new Firefox release or am I just fucking retarded?

no, revert back a few versions till it works

Is bit.csc.lsu.edu/~gb/csc4101/Reading/gigo-1997-04.html real and the reason ADA never started off outside its niche?

They go into the trash.

They were strings, there were just only two possible (and inverse) strings: true/false

Hello Sup Forums I have a question regarding dual/multi screens.
I currently have two monitors and I like to watch youtube or anime on the smaller(vga plugged) one while playing on the bigger one(hdmi plugged).
Whenever I do this both processes start running slowly, if the game was running at 120 fps it drops to 50 and if the video was running smoothly for a while it would occasionally have a spasm.

What causes this and how can I improve the situation?
I've 16 GB of ram , strix960 and a an i5.
I am really curious

Black friday was the day for clothes.

I am building an i7-8700k rig for gaming, will I be able to use Win 7 OS on it?

>run malwarebytes
>7 items found
>remove them and reboot
>everything is great again
That... was astoundingly easy and pleasant. First time I've had a virus problem in 7 years, and it just removed itself with a scan.

I should probably reinstall anyway to be safe but this is my windows 10 gaming machine so whatever. Thanks for your advice user

I'm currently learning about design patterns, and I'm looking at the chain of responsibility.

I understand the concept, but I don't really see why it's useful. I tried googling for "real-world" usecases of the chain, but I don't know how to find this pattern in a real project.

Does anybody know of an open-source project where I can study this pattern so I can make some non-abstract sense of it? All I can find is theoretical or abstract.

Hello Sup Forums, I'm in need of help of rooting my SM-T580 and was wondering if its possible to root without a PC. I have means to a computer, but was wondering if its possible to root without one. Thanks in advance

What's the best desktop gadget for displaying system diagnostics (CPU + GPU temperature, RAM usage, etc.) on windows? I've been using OpenHardwareMonitor for a while but I'm wondering if there are any alternatives

Is there a way to disable telemetry in Office 2013/2016, and if so, how?

Yes.

Thanks, this is informative.

I imagine so, do you think it's a niche worth trying to fill or not so much?

By uninstalling.

I just had this idea and could try to implement it myself, but it would be more convenient if something like this already exists.
Basically, I want to have a program that takes as input a list of data, such as birthday, home town, name, last name, hobbies, tv shows and characters one likes, and similar stuff,
and the output is a long list of possible passwords that one could try for password cracking.
So for example if somebody's birthday is on 1/2/2001, the password list would have all possible variations of this that could appear as a password, such as 122001, 1201, 1.2.01, 1/2/01, 1/2/2001, 2.1.01, 2.1.2001, etc.

I am asking for educational purposes. I do not intend to crack any passwords. That would be illegal. I am merely interested in this because I am learning IT security

This 100% exists. People have been working on cracking passwords for ages, and dictionary attacks are the best thing out there, so you have dictionaries for pretty much everything.

And if it doesn't exist exactly as you described it, then it's probably not worth it. It's a case of "if it's a good idea, someone would have already had it".

Would i theoretically see battery or performance increase from using Windows 10 LTSB over Windows 7?

Also why people reccomend Windows 10 LTSB 2016 instead 2017?

I have an intel i7-3770k CPU, will this bottleneck gaming performance?

Laptop: Thinkpad T400.

Oh lots of these kinds of programs exist. I don't know any names of specific programs, but you can look for these terms

"Rainbow tables"
"Password dictionary attack"
"Password bruteforcing"
"Gpu-based password cracking"

blackmoreops.com/2015/12/23/crack-passwords-in-kali-linux-with-hydra/

just switched back over to ESR, everything works fine. Thanks, user

>They go into the trash.
but why ? :c

Overclocked?
No.

Which GPU you have? it will bottleneck a GTX 1070 or better but its good enough for a 1060.

Depends on what GPU, but if paired with slow ram and a fast GPU then yes.

If you OC to 4,5ghz and pair it with 2400mhz c10 ddr3 then no.

I have a 4790k @ 4,6 ghz and a 1080ti and it seems fine, playing at 1440p in bf1 i get about 100-144 fps on ultra in 64 man conquest

I7-3770k != I7-4790K.
Also your GTX 1080Ti is getting bottlenecked by your CPU, but sounds like you dont are doing anything that would make you notice the bottleneck.

When is the date of the FCC repeal vote? Google's just telling me what the repeal is and I've yet to see one fucking date.

I've ordered a 1070 ti, I'm also getting 16gb of ddr3 ram at 1600 mhz because as far as i know my cpu/motherboard (can't remember which) doesn't support higher frequencies.

Will this fuck up the performance of the GPU?

Forgot to add, my monitor is 1080p @60hz so I'm hoping the monitor will be the only "bottleneck" until I do the second round of upgrades next year.

what public trackers can i use that now private bay bit the dust?

I have two partitions I want to join in Windows separated by a 350 MB system partition. How do I get rid of it / move it without reinstalling the system?

I've been using the stock charger and cable that came with my Galaxy S7 so far, but I want to buy a spare or two to plug in different places around the house. What should I be looking for? I assume QC3.0 stuff should be compatible, right? And do I need a special "quick-charge cable" too or can I use any micro usb cable?

Can someone tell me the differences between Waterfox and Firefox?

Amyone?

Would I be limited in any way id I do a Win 7 Os on i7-8700k, such as no Dx12 or support for most recent hardware like GTX1018 Ti?

What’s the best place to buy a VPN and how exactly does on set a VPN up

kat
leet

How do I teach myself networking?
Specifically, enough to start an ISP.

Do I really need to know much? I found out I can get a pretty good transit deal. I just need an ASN and some equipment?
The stuff I've looked up so far hasn't been very helpful.
random "professionals" saying shit like
>muh last mile
>muh startup cots
while not actually providing anything useful

My very old speakers for my computer are dead, what are the good to go nowadays ?
I really enjoy listening to music but never paid much attention to sound systems and don't know much about it.

I want to specifically increase my CPU temp using a benchmarking tool.

What's best for the job?

my router has a usb port
is there any way i can plug my phone into it and have the phone show up on my desktop over the network?

Where can i go to have a case custom made?
I have the blueprints and everything sketched out.

local machinist?

Is Gallium OS the best Linux distro for chromebooks?

If not, is there a place somewhere online that outlines which distros work with my model? When I search for it all I get is a page for Gallium's hardware compatibility.

you'll probably need to write a script for that but i'd encourage you to try to incorporate wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Citizen_Science rather than just running some faggy benchmark

What is up with the captcha system on clover? It never stops creating new image and doesn't accept any correct solutions. It's taking me like 3 minutes to get past the captcha each post

Thats not clover that google

does Sup Forums still have the update to date pc part picker image? Havent seen one in a while and i need it. Anyone have it?

logicalincrements.com

why does this print out 3 7 11 15 19
instead of 2 6 10 14 18?

int i = 0;
while(i < 10){
cout

> no Dx12
Yes. The only thing you will not have.
> no support for most recent hardware like GTX1018 Ti
No.

Go read c++ operator precedence chapter again.

I had more errors than this but I only thought to screenshot when I closed like 70% of them

Website is shit

Plz

Is the Sony Xperia XZ Premium (US model) worth $549.99 'on sale'?

Is pi-hole a botnet? Does it phone home for anything like telemetry and stuff?

I have a modern video card but my motherboard has a VGA output directly on it.

If I wanted to get a separate old CRT hooked up to it, would it be possible to use both at the same time or atleast switch between one or the other somewhat on the fly? Would it require a restart each time or something?

Thanks user, much appreciated.

I know these aren’t under 100 dollars but audio technica headphones are the best headphones I’ve ever used

No

What is Sup Forums's preferred Solder or Microsoldering iron/kit?

It should work as an extended display

Not using 2 gfx cards at the same time, it wont

thanks

On a laptop I am currently messing around with (win 10) currently having issue reaching websites on any web browser I attempt to use. Just message stating "Server not found" any ideas what might cause this? Network connection is good attempted browing with firewall and AV off. nothing. Help appreciated.

>"Server not found"
You suck at typing

There should be a bios setting to keep integrated graphics on while he uses the other card.