How do I use headphones in a HDTV that only has optical?

How do I use headphones in a HDTV that only has optical?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/PROZOR-Digital-Converter-Supports-control/dp/B06XDLCHY7/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1511734730&sr=1-4&keywords=Digital to Analog Audio Converter volume
amazon.com/dp/B000I97H68/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_x_OT0gAbGCM8S61
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Connect it with Bluetooth, brainlet.

hi-fi fags shill DACs for this all the time

I'm most playing going to be using it for Switch gameplay, there is no Bluetooth for it.

Bump.

No HDTV I have ever seen only has TOSLINK. You can always get a RCA stereo plug to 3.5mm stereo jack.

an optical dac from hifimediy. it comes with the toslink cable you need. $59 plus shipping.

This is all I got. It's bare.

I was gonna make a new thread, but this seems a good place to ask maybe.

Can I hook up a console via HDMI, then connect a speaker system to my TV via optical and have the console sound go to the speakers?

I have no idea how the audio systems work.

Pic related except you should use a female 3.5 mm jack

Converters on Amazon for like $20

You must have not seen many new HDTV's. Most major brands these days don't even have proper RCA plugs at all. Samsung uses 3.5mm to RCA adapters for the inputs and doesnt even have RCA outputs at all and hasn't for years.

The image in the OP's picture though looks European and has RCA outputs, therefore all OP needs is an RCA to 3.5mm adapter that can be had anywhere for like $5.

See
That's the TV.

Samsung TV's don't have any analog outputs and haven't for years.

Your only option is an Optical to Analog converter in a stand alone unit or a receiver. I have an old Sony receiver I bought in 2003 that still works as my headphone amp perfectly.

Get something like Fiio D3

Generally simpler to use the TV as the switch in my opinion. That would be all inputs to the tv and just optical to the receiver.

rca to 3.5mm...

easy

Does that work fine? Like, if I hook up my laptop to my TV via HDMI, will the digital out still carry the full 5.1 signal?

Would this work? Has volume on it.

amazon.com/PROZOR-Digital-Converter-Supports-control/dp/B06XDLCHY7/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1511734730&sr=1-4&keywords=Digital to Analog Audio Converter volume

Do I look like a goddamn audio DAC salesman that's tried every device out on the market? Figure it out yourself.

amazon.com/dp/B000I97H68/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_x_OT0gAbGCM8S61