Am I the only one who feels mentally exhausted after assembling a pc, installing drivers/OS...

Am I the only one who feels mentally exhausted after assembling a pc, installing drivers/OS, and programs after googling solutions to a dozen bugs and glitch fix/workarounds of the OS?

Fuck man, I just did a kaby lake build that took me 3 days to finalize and I feel like dying.

This is why you buy used workstations. Drivers are all on one page.

>not letting linux handle all the driver meme
>baby kike CPU
gahahaha

>install OS
>install all the shit I need with one command
>copy over my dotfiles
I don't see how this would be mentally exhausting.

>being this mentally fat

>after googling solutions to a dozen bugs and glitch fix/workarounds of the OS
Jesus what the fuck are you running? My friend had to do this because he's using Vega with Linux but anything slightly just modern just werx across both Windows and Linux.

Windows 10 literally installs all the drivers automatically.

Takes me about an hour tops, but I've done it a few times. Hackintosh?

>mentally exhausted after assembling a pc
This has to be bait

only for windows

It also automatically installs malware

Mentally exhausted? I think you spelled "exhilarated" wrong.

>assembling a PC and installing the OS and drivers takes 3 days
Should take ~3 hours. Shorter if you do it regularly.

>Am I the only one who feels exhausted after expending energy to do an energy intensive activity?

Ye, this. Can't remember the last time I installed a driver.

Though it installs three years out of date drivers that don't load properly on half the reboots and they're for the wrong device anyways so only half of your device's functions work and you don't get that control panel application for the device and when you go download that from the manufacturer's site it turns out to not be compatible with the windows-installed drvers.

I recently put together a computer. Last time I had put together a computer was 2012, but for me at least it's like riding a bike, you never really forget. As soon as I got all my parts together I realized I didn't have a Philips-head screwdriver, so I had to use a Swiss army knife. It was awkward, but it was nothing compared to the hour and a half it took to get my network drivers working because the Windows-provided drivers sucked. I'd say overall it took about 5 hours to put together the build, from nothing to playing vidya.

According to Sup Forums, building a PC takes 15 minutes, including ordering, signing for the package, unpacking, disposing of the packaging material, the actual assembly, configuring the BIOS, installing the operating system and drivers, and dealing with individual component failure over the course of 3 years; the latter, of course, never happens to Sup Forums, because they only buy 100% flawless components that never fail, basically NASA / military grade; basically anyone who buys prebuilt with on-site warranty is fucking stupid, like businesses with their Dell computers, if they just hired Sup Forums, their profits would trip due to cost savings of assembling PCs, but they're too stupid, and Sup Forums remains unemployed and to intelligent for the world.

deleted system32 one too many times, huh?

are you retarded i built my first pc when i was 14 literally took about and hour and a half to have the machine put together and have everything working

Prebuilds are fine for biz but if you know what you want you'll have to build it yourself.

Yeah it's just use. Just downgraded to Windows 7. Took me 7 hours. All the builds I've done/helped with haven't taken more than 3 hours. How the fuck you spend 5 days on it?

windows 10 is a piece of shit

I got a bug where the left click doesn't work in certain games and start menu icons. I fucking gave up after googling for 3 hours and installed windows 7.

Are you kidding? the best thing about shit like this is the sense of accomplishment from a job well done

>3days to build a pc

Maybe OP has a job irl