Best certification to get get a job while in school?

Best certification to get get a job while in school?

Other urls found in this thread:

examcollection.com/
ciscopress.com/store/ccna-routing-and-switching-200-125-official-cert-guide-9781587205811
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

certifications are memes

this

Certs are garbage; stay in school kids.

/thread

Then how are you suppose to get a job while in school?

You search for them and pass technical interviews. Certs dont get you a job.

Certs are just tools to create pawns to push a product

if you really want a cert get the A+ and Net+. These are basic certs and will show an employer that you're trainable.

Have you looked into paid internships from your school?

>what is an internship?
>what is an entry-level position?

A+ = I can turn on computer and plugin devices
Net+ = I can plugin ethernet cable and have heard of wifi

Yea, waste your money OP on these.

Don't listen to them, certs got me into IT. A+ is easy but you won't learn much going for it. I suggest going for a CCNA R&S which will teach you a lot about networks and makes you stand out above other entry level applicants

job pays for them so meh

And what do you do now?

True, but why even bother; just finish up school.

kill yourself

>I suggest going for a CCNA R&S

How long and how much does it take to get that and where would you even find a job?

not the guy you're responding to, buuuuut; just do the braindumps, you'll be an expert in routing and switching in no time: examcollection.com/

Literally the lowest tier certs in the industry. I'd have to assume you're a retard if you paid for those so I'm not even going to call you.

At least get something relevant like a ccie or rhce, those would be good for entry level jobs to show you're not a compete failure.

Sorry I meant CCNA, if you had a ccie and no work experience id have to assume you're a cheater or a liar.

Took about 3 months total for me, there are 2 parts and I studied for a little over a month for each part. Look for NOC jobs or junior network admin

what the fuck did they really improve to the point where someone with A+ could be expected to know how to turn on a computer now?

that must have cut down the certification success rate but 75%

I wouldn't recommend braindumps if you actually want to pursue a career in networking. You won't learn as much and risk getting blacklisted from all cisco certs (although its very unlikely that you'll get caught if you aren't retarded). If you're in a hurry and don't care about learning though then its probably quicker than actually studying

so i live in japan and i was wondering since i dont have money for college nor enough motivation cuz i have a mental disability, can i get a job with a C programming ability certificate? i dont know bout america but in japan there is such certificate

That's my point, brain dump garbage ruins the value of certs

>entry-level
>less than 5 years experience
either you are in your parents basement or over 30, possibly both

Certs are there to weed out unqualified applicants before interviews. During an interview it will be obvious if you used a braindump or actually know the material most of the time if the person conducting the interview knows what they're doing

Do I need to blow $2000 on a course for CCNA? Any good free resources?

Save your money to buy used equipment to study on instead.

Can I get by with this book and its simulator? ciscopress.com/store/ccna-routing-and-switching-200-125-official-cert-guide-9781587205811

definitely

ITT, a bunch of people who don't have certs giving advice.

Recently got a security+ cert, talked about it during an interview and was able to work through an example situation with the interviewer, helped me get a job at a Fortune 500 company
Certs are only memes if you don't absorb what you learn

Get your CCNA and you're pretty much guaranteed a job if you can hold a 10 minute conversation with the person interviewing you for a position.

I got my CCNA Security cert a couple months ago, (I still have no degrees) and I was hired out of college as a networking analyst less than a month afterward.

Fuck the shills OP, but get some certs piled on if you wanna look good to an employer.

Step up from earlier versions testing knowledge of Windows phone and NT printer menus.

Agreed. People who shit on certs are people without certs. Which ones to get depends on what career path you want to take. I would never work for a place that didn't value certs. There's a reason the DoD requires Comptia sec+.