Applel's FaceID got beaten by a 200$ mask, again

bkav.com/FaceID
youtube.com/watch?v=rhiSBc061JU&feature=youtu.be
ONE in ONE MILLION they said

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=318s-iG7Kys
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>200$ mask
So? I can hire someone to kidnap the owner for around that amount and force him/her to unlock the phone.

Anyone who assumed face recognition is to improve security is a complete idiot.

It's just to help the authorities getting into your phone without consent.

iTODDLERS BTFO

Interesting but not practical. How are you going to create that mask anyway? It's not like you can ask the owner to go through a face imprint sessions. Plus the 3D printer is more than $200. Good concept but not gonna help thieves much.

you need two or three photos of your victim and access to a 3d printer. that's it.

/thread

>is this your phone sir?
>holds it up to your face

Yeah but applel said that the chance you can unlock FaceID with a mask is 1/1000000

>No?
>*unlocks*

It should have a kill switch, like a facial expression that orders your phone to wipe its memory.

Of course this completely destroys the intention behind facial recognition, so it won't happen.

That’s the likelihood of someone having facial features similar enough to yours to unlock the device.

No, they specially said that the chance to unlock with a mask is 1/1000000 while then chance that someone's face is similar enough is 1/500000. And they said that FaceID's AI can detect mask, too

Photos don't provide depth. The video does't show how the face was produced so it's very suspicious. Perhaps it's being unlocked through a series of mirrors reflecting his actual face.

>Photos don't provide depth
>I literally never heard of point clouds.
Yes, they do. That's why you need a few.

youtube.com/watch?v=318s-iG7Kys

If you spend months working on a way to unlock it using a mask, you will perhaps success like this person did. Maybe that's why there's just one video.

Law of diminish returns make this impractical.

All it does is provides android fanboys false hope of their platform's superiority.

Interesting but unlikely high resolution enough to unlock anything.

See this shit? If you have photos of you on facebook/instagram/snapchat/whatever a 3d model of you face has already been constructed. Of course those companies don't unlock your phone with it but anyone with access to these same photos potentially can.

Don't forget you can buy 3-4 3d printers for the price of one (1) iphone x.

>Apple specifically said that unlock faceid with a mask is nearly impossible
>Some chink security firm managed to unlock it
>IMPRACTICAL IMPRACTICAL IMPRACTICAL
Are you retarded?

>Assuming the facial scan is high res.

Dude, photos are multiple orders of magnitude more detailed than a 3d surface scan.

You'll realize that we are now moments away from an application being uploaded to github which you just feed a few photos from social media and it outputs an STL you can print in a few hours?

Good luck with that.

Post a video of you actually doing it. IMPRACTICAL is right. Can't wait for android to figure out a better system. Sorry I mean when android copies Apple it will be the best ever.

>Can't wait for android to figure out a better system
It already exists and has nothing to do with Android. It's called, wait for it, a PIN.

But a PIN cannot be legally extorted from a suspect, so Apple nicely cooperates and discourages it's use.

Viet fag here. I, and many people here, would never trust anything come from BKAV.

Thanks viet bro. Sounded a little far fetched.

>So? I can hire someone to kidnap the owner for around that amount and force him/her to unlock the phone.
no you can't.

I thought the sensors scan the skin temperature to see if the person is alive, how could that work with a mask?

You heat it up to skin temperature, I don'T think that is hard. Perhaps work with the inner structure to case desirable differences on the surface

Meanwhile in reality: FaceID substantially less reliable than the Intel RealSense camera sold since 2015.

>FaceID
It's inferior to fingerprint readers regardless. It's another case of Apple innovating at the expense of the user, and Apple users not being savvy enough to realize or care.

>pick up phone
>have to orient it with face and look directly at it
>still have to swipe to unlock
>the notch was totally worth it, guys

>phone from 2015
>pick it up in any orientation
>already unlocked by the time I'm looking at it
>space for 15+ notifications at the top

>innovating
This word has become so empty.
This is no innovation. They took shit that has been in use before and implemented it using off-the-shelf components from another vendor.

They just released another iteration of their money-leeching product and use marketing to try to shove it down world's throat, as always.

>Apple defense force shilling