Can someone please explain to me what all the fuss with systemd is about? Thank you very much

Can someone please explain to me what all the fuss with systemd is about? Thank you very much.

Other urls found in this thread:

without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

scope

So you don't know.

It takes control out of the users hands for dependancy management. You basically cant decide how your system runs. Why even use linux then?

GNU/Linux being taken over by Red Hat and systemd being a huge vulnerable piece of lennartware

So you still don't know, but you decide to elaborate on a buzzword by adding platitudes?
What dependency management? What is "running a system"? You have no idea what you're talking about.

It's an obfuscated bag of exploits running with the highest privileges managing almost any aspect of your GNU/Linux system growing faster in code size than can be audited and is adopted by all major distros practically overnight.

Even fucking Debian switched in no time despite having glacier like package adoption although they had to suicide a (the) dev for it.

systemd is fishy at the very least.

its making linux more reliable and usable. this angers the open sores and freetards

Is this why you made this thread? To shill fukken systemd? Nice one!

My wife.

Lennart replacing Linus when

Autism, being butthurt at red hat for making their NEET hobby into something you can profit, etc.

I didn't even make this thread, you fucking retard. I am just calling you out for being a retard who can't think for himself and who spouts retardation on a specific niche topic on a technology related forum. Do you seriously think that no one is going to call you out for your retardation on here you fucking moron?

Ok you've sold me on removing this, how do I do it?

There's no escape.

Most elegant is switching to a non-systemd distro. If this isn't practical you can look at this: without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

>doesn't even know what this is
>wants to remove it
>thinks he can remove something as low level as this easily

You won't remove anything. You just posted that to feel edgy and advanced. Fucking idiot. You most likely don't even use a Linux distribution. You have a virtual machine running that you boot into once a week to write screenfetch into your terminal emulator.

Wow, and you did a very good job refuting the arguments against systemd by calling the opposition retards. Thanks for your contribution.

>asks why something is bad
>get the most generic "it just is" answers, entierly ignoring the "but why" part
>"wow u fukn shill"

I have nothing to refute, you idiot. I didn't make any claims nor do I have any stake in this.
My interest here is calling out retards like you who have no valuable technical knowledge or insight, but feel like they should opine on things. Pretentious idiots who delude themselves into thinking they're smart by adopting opinions from other idiots because they deem them edgy and cool.

Written by sjws for sjws.

>Can someone please explain to me what all the fuss with systemd is about

This issue is that it puts too much stuff under one umbrella. Ideally each thing should be done by it's own little, special purpose software package.

Systemd takes more than just init and puts it all under the systemd umbrella.

So do the BSDs, you idiot.

There's no need to be frustrated young man.

There's no need to be retarded on the internet on specific technological forums, retarded young child.

You are mad af lmao. Systemd is shit get over it.

>If BSD does it GNU/Linux must follow.
What happened to choice, faggot.

This isn't Deus Ex, it's Alpha Centauri

It's free software, you fucking retard. No one is forcing you to use it, not that it has anything to do with free software.

I think choice is the main point of the controversy. It has become rather difficult to choose the init system you like, often you would need to change your distro to get rid of systems and therefore the main selling point of Linux, its modularity, is lost. That's also the reason why the technical aspect of this discussion only plays a minor role

Who said anything about Deus Ex?

Literally
>muh sysvinit
>muh minimalism

No, literally
>muh choice
>muh security

Until someone shows me news of a systemd exploit in the wild that results in running arbitrary code as root, I'll stick to my comfy distros, thank you very much.

You do that. GNU/Linux is about choice. Like the choice to not run experimental software on production platforms.

Alpha Centauri was pretty epic.

Alien Crossfire was lame.

Oh damn google images showed me something about deus ex.
Yeah I never played Alien Crossfire, I couldn't find it for my mac.

Alien Crossfire kind of sucked, but it was so broken it was kind of good. You could beat the whole thing on Deity by cheesing it in a number of ways, my favorite, of course, being the Nautilus Pirates method of reproducing like rats at the very early game. Plus, AX has some serious waifu material.

Have you tried GOG? Or you could just use WINE. I mean, it's not like the GOG version is anything else than just the Windows binary shipped with a WINE wrapper. You could even just use DOSbox.

No no, I have the GOG version now, but I haven't even tried it since I got it (little time for games).

I mean my mac back then, remember when mac versions of games were super rare and super expensive? As a kid I couldn't afford $100 or whatever it was for the expansion back then.

>muh sysvinit
>muh minimalism

>literally resorting to say any shit cause you cant prove wrong
Sysvinit retards.

No reason to get upset, fa.m

Install any init you like.