Friendly reminder that there is no such thing as net neutrality

And there never has been. Net Neutrality means nothing when twitter, facebook, and web hosters can no-platform dissenting voices. NN is a paper-thin cover for a power grab so that (((they))) can censor our freedom of speech.

>We’re Fine without It, Thanks
Internet privacy has been protected quite well for almost 20 years by rules from the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).

>Net Neutrality Is about Government Control of the Internet
archive.is/Ad3Bk

>Plebbit is shill central next to twitter, we all know it. Anyone who says otherwise is a retarded faggot or a shill. Pic related...also muh Russia...but wait RUSSIA?
archive.is/20QrE

>Net neutrality debate gets unlikely supporters -- Russians
WTF Reddit I love Russia now

>Soros, Ford Foundation shovel $196 million to 'net neutrality' groups
He has always had (((our))) best interests at heart! Right?

>Twitter banning accounts that go to sites like 4 chan by tracking you through cookies on December 18th. Claim they are banning Neo Nazi's.... aren't we all Nazis according to liberals?
archive.is/lvM2S

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/11/comcast-quietly-drops-promise-not-to-charge-tolls-for-internet-fast-lanes/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

"HOW IT REALLY WILL BE" (when we scrap all laws regulating us)
>NEW Limited Internet
well, that bits at least partially truthful, for once. Let us make it better. Let us give you less. It will be cheaper honest joe swear it.
GO. GET. FUCKED.

Get fucked, Comcast shill

>it’s another “Comcast shill gets BTFO in the other thread so he starts his own” episode

>confusing net neutrality for some ethereal unrelated shit involving words like "common carrier", "utilities", "title 2", "competition", "monopolies", "local govt", etc, all of which is a completely different subject from nn

please stop pretending net neutrality is the same thing as all this business-related bullshit you americans keep getting so buttmad about and trying to get rid of something that protects consumers in the same breath as whatever bullshit legislation you're actually deservedly trying to get rid of

net neutrality has nothing to do with any of the shit people like you keep saying it's about

>citing the policies of the EU, the prime example of internet censorship, who tried to block fucking Sup Forums for 'hate speech'
lel

How it is now:
$xx or $0

How pro-nn say it will be:
$xxxx or $xx

How anti-nn say it will be:
$xx or $x

What will actually happen:
pie vendors collaborating by not entering each other's territory and selling cakes for $xxxx

there you go again: net neutrality has nothing to do with that.

If Sup Forums gets blocked, it's because the government considers it a site that provokes illegal activity, a la gas the jews. Net neutrality does nothing to hinder or encourage that. It's a completely separate realm of law.

Nn says that any traffic handled by ISPs must be treated uniformly and fairly, without discrimination against specific content or purposes. In other words, ISPs just serve digital data and don't have any fucking authority to make any fucking sort of judgement or legality calls.

Both with and without nn, the govt can order ISPs to block specific sites because those sites create mass violations of other laws. Nn has fuck all to do with that.

It's amazing how americans manage to blame stuff for things that have nothing to do with it.

>(((they))) can censor our freedom of speech
How the fuck can I take you seriously

Oriingal poster cites a clear and unambiguously worded consumer open internet regulation, that leaves no room for kike ISPs to screw customers over.
>muh EEUUUUUU. THAY CESNOSRRSRRS
Not sourcing this mythical example of 'that time the EU blocked Sup Forums for hate speech' - BECAUSE IT DOESN'T EXIST
BUT LOOK! - heres an actual example of someone blocking Sup Forums.. Oh look, its Verizon. b-but, I thought, they would 'never block, throttle or discriminate..'?
ISP SHILLS. POSTING UTTER SHITE. EVERY FUCKING TIME.

JUST READ. THE FUCKING. PICTURE.

net neutrality = ISPs serve digital data and don't get a say in ANYTHING, no decisions, no throttling, no policies, no politics, no moral calls, no blocking, no content banning, no policing, NOTHING. They just pump bytes from one place to another, and other than that they have to shut their fucking mouths and keep their fat noses out of everything.

Completely separately from that, the government will always tell ISPs to block sites the govt finds illegal. Having or not having nn changes NOTHING about the basic fact of life that a government has the responsibility to enforce its own goddamn laws regarding crime.

removing or not having net neutrality allows ISPs to do the same thing the government does, except much worse because it will be without any sort of legal framework to base their decisions on, they can just do whatever the fucking hell they want and throttle everything you do to 10kbps for the lulz because what the flying fuck are you gonna do about it?

The government blocking websites that break too many laws will always be a thing, regardless of anything else in the world. It has fuck all to do with net neutrality.

Net neutrality says ISPs gotta keep their fat noses out of people's data and what they do with it, nothing more or less.

Net neutrality LITERALLY tells ISPs to shove their morals and business policies up their asses, shut up, and pump bytes for their paying customers regardless of what those bytes are or where they come from. It's literally ANTI-regulation.

>WTF ISPS ARE GONNA CENSOR MUH INTERNETS THAT I CAN'T AFFORD WITH MUH AUTISMBUX NET NEUTRALITY NOW REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>hahahaha look at that cis male neo-nazi that got banned from twitter, it's not censorship because buzzfeed told me he deserved it fuck drumpf and fuck white males

ISP isn't free market because cost install new lines making so high, put whole market on few companies will get until last Pennie from consumers.

>JUST READ. THE FUCKING. PICTURE.
>telling shills to read.
I know, its only two sentences and all, but still..

>get btfod in previous thread
>start a new one and pretend the old one never existed
This shit is getting tiresome.

>when shillbots overheat

2018 will be fun... without (You)

What the fuck is that picture.

>the company can't give you budget plan
It can, with lower speeds, it has been the thing since the very beginning.

>full internet will stay the same and there will be cheaper others
Then explain why ISPs want to remove NN. The way you're describing this, removal of NN is a clear loss for ISPs.

Well, the cake part actually admit the paywalled web scenario.

My favourite bit is when they call the heavily regulated state-reinforced monopoly a 'free market'.

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/11/comcast-quietly-drops-promise-not-to-charge-tolls-for-internet-fast-lanes/

BUT FREE MARKET
BUT FREE MARKET!!!!
BUT FREE MARKET TRUST COMCAST

fuck you, comcast shills

goddamn that chart is fucking retarded. Around the 2nd and 3rd paragraph it just drifts right into being utterly wrong

guess what, here in the EU our ISPS have net neutrality BY LAW and yet, hey, you can buy slow or fast packages depending on what you need! You pay more if you want higher maximum throughput or a higher data cap. You only check your emails? Get a cheaper package that gives you lower maximum flow and lower data caps.

"full access" this is where they drift into bullshit. The internet isn't partitioned, an ISP doesn't have to "procure access" to certain websites or have dedicated hardware to enable access to specific sites or types of traffic or anything.

"it demands full-speed access" no it does not. It demands that customers don't arbitrarily get locked or throttled out of certain websites or types of traffic when there's nothing inherently justifying such an impediment other than arbitrary rules set by ISPs in the first place based on how to squeeze more money out of people

"why should i have to pay as much for my emails as my neighbor does for his daily 4k movie" BUT YOU DON'T, YOU FUCKING TWAT. Net neutrality doesn't forbid "budget" packs with lower flow rates and data caps in exchange for lower prices.

All net neutrality says is that ISPs are not allowed to make politically or otherwise motivated decisions to lock their customers out of specific content, be it by blocking or by throttling. Nothing more. It's literally a piece of regulation that sets NEUTRALITY as the standard and forbids every other form of meddling with your internet, it forbids all other regulation just like you stupid twats keep saying you want it to be.

Americans are so fucking horribly misinformed by their fucking corporate overlords it numbs my brain to even imagine what an average american's retarded through process must be like.

I hope americans cuck themselves yet again, so I don't have to see their autism anymore.
>inb4 but we own the internet
So? You won't be able to access it but the rest of the world will.

Look, people equated net neutrality to communism. Its too late. The tribalism has started. Whoever started the fire knew what they were doing. For fuck's sake, Ajit Pai stated ISPs INNOVATE without net neutrality and it was halted because of net neutrality when we all know this is one giant blatant lie.

The misinformation has gone too far and people don't want to even read or look at evidence. They just want to have their fucking mudslinging. Its stupid and its costing me a precious utility here.

>inb4 but we own the internet
80%+ of infrastructure is European. Where they have those 'Net Neutrality' laws and stuff. Should probably be more in America, I'm sure Comcast et al were given BILLIONS IN PUBLIC MONEY to 'improve the infrastructure'? Dunno what happened to ALL THOSE MISSING FUNDS, desu. Maybe, we should just stop tying their hands up with so much red tappe and un-necessary regulation, like DON'T FUCK WITH THE CONTENT, CUNTS. Its obviously too threatening to the ISP cos very survival, actually having to adhere to one fucking law.

>Net Neutrality means nothing when twitter, facebook, and web hosters can no-platform dissenting voices.
Well go start your own twitter, facebook and youtube then and stop whining.

>streaming sites forcing xbox hueg data through ISP's tiny anus
Google fiber don't have this problem.

Provide proof of one twitter ban that wasn't justified in their ToS?

>be user
>accuse pro NN folks of delusions
>cite nonsensical twitter bans to justify an outright repeal of freedoms
>fail to mention that anti trust laws are regularly exploited/abused. If mergers are preventing monopolies how the fuck do you explain aol time warner cable? these laws are 100+ years old and largely out of touch with reality...idiot
>Speaks as though cartels and collusions dont already exist despite anti trust laws. Google rule of reason anti trust. The plaintiff has to prove that the given trade restricts and hurts trade. Thats alot of wiggle room especially if your a billion dollar company with lots of lawyers (e.g. Verizon Telecom vs law offices of Curtis V Trinko, LLP circa 2004. Ruling was that the sherman act was out of date, since the telecom act of 1996 didnt update this
>See also Verizon vs FCC circa 2014, ruling was FCC doesnt have the authority to regulate broadband providers at all.

fuck your anti trust laws. I gave 2 perfect examples how the FCC shanghai'ed its own.

I was neutral on NN. But after going to reddit and see how they defend NN as well as praise Elon as their god and savior I changed my mind. Will be a lot of fun to see them loose their shit wenn NN gets abolished.

>it's not censorship because buzzfeed told me
eh.. your employer would like a BRIEF word.. recall to base..

>oh look, the brainstrust's awake

Please. It's obvious that not having NN will make the net worse, but watching redditors rage and fume is worth it.