Is the Sony Xperia line of phones approved by Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

developer.sonymobile.com/unlockbootloader/unlock-yourboot-loader/
github.com/sonyxperiadev?tab=repositories
blogs.sonymobile.com/2017/08/31/xperia-android-8-0-oreo/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fuck no

Yes, because the Xperia X runs NATIVE LINUX Sailfish OS

lmao no, oneplus for best stock android and value. Samshit and LG for everything else.

They used to be the shit but they kind of slowed down on their innovation. They're like a 7/10 vs other phones. Not bad but not the best.

oneplus
never settle, except if you want water protection, sd cards, or not having support dropped the second a new phone is released

never settle.

Like I said best stock android and value.

Find me another phone for $400 that demolishes a $700 iTurd 7 Plus.

Dont care, it doesnt have any protection from water or dirt or anything

at least samshit does.

Bruh...

>approved by Sup Forums

bruh what?

fuck any non waterproof phone so hard.

even applel is making them waterproof now
EVEN APPLEL.

Don't drop your phone in water then...

theres this thing called "outside" and "weather"

>very supportive of the open source community
>quickly puts out their AOSP builds for anyone to compile and flash to their devices shortly after an Android update
>flagships have been consistently waterresistant for years (X series was a flop, but they're back on track)
>very close to stock with minimal bloat
>any "bloat" is uninstallable without root
>offers flagship variant of smaller size (Compact) without compromising specs down the drain
>sexy design with the best fingerprint reader / start button placement on the side
>contrary to their history, they're updating their devices for longer than the industry average at this point now (X series rolling out Oreo right now, almost 4 generations old with Sony's 6 months flagship interval)
>the existence of the Forest Blue XZ alone

Nope sorry m8nm8

Sorry I don't leave my phone out in the rain

this

you might aswell use an app for ur phone if all you do is sit inside all day

I liked my Z3 compact, but first they canceled updates because snapdragon google certification shenanigans. Then after three years the touch is dying.

I have a literal holy cross of touch deadness on the screen.

I'm pretty fucking salty, why my goddam father's shitty old samsung still works perfectly, while mine that costed more bucks has to BEAR THE FUCKING CROSS ?

this, but mineral black it's better

Many complaints about sailfish is on the Jolla forums. still very hesitant to get one desu.

>I like everything about Xperias
>go to gsmarena's phone finder
>brand: sony
>display technology: oled
>no results
>mfw

Literally the only good looking phones out there, every other manufacturer is copying the disgusting gook trend of rounded corners like it's still 2012

Pockets work wonders for stoping your phone from getting wet. Also if you spend you time outside in the rain without an umbrella, just....

different user here
i sweat a LOT and my screen always gets wet when i have my phone in my pocket

not really relevant; just wanted to throw that out there

No, having owned 3 xperia phones, i can tell you that

* not made for durability
* even the ones with best battery life are mediocre at best in that regard

Good:
* speed
* audio
* camera

Now i have a slower e4 plus, but the battery is epic

i dont see why they wouldnt be

t. xz1c owner

XZ1 compact is my next phone, once current one dies. Basically for all of reasons said.

Have a weird thumb so it's far easier to use smaller phones for me.

Waterproofing is just one less thing to worry about, user. People pay for a peace of mind. Kinda like paying for insurance?

That said, has anyone tried applying conformal coating on their phone circuit board? Most of the external connectors are replaceable, so just need to protect the internals. It'd basically be one last barrier for moisture.

Love my Z5C, but the fucker heats up just by having the screen on for 20 minutes. Netflix? YouTube? The odd game of Jetpack Joyride? Not unless you want your fingerprints burnt off. Camera is also very hit or miss.

If you cant figure out that sometimes some people might have to be outside in the rain, you probably do need to go outside more.

You forgot

>Front facing stereo speakers
>Sd slot
>Headphone jack forever
>No meme rounded cornes/sides
>The best ips screen on pair with amoled screens

>Sup Forumstard doesn't go outside

Heh

I own an Xperia Z3 and I have zero regrets. Works just as good as the they I got it.

Had a Z3C. Was almost perfect except for the waterproofing flaps. Battery was unreal. >Dropped it.

Bought Z5C. Design wise it is 1 step away from being perfect
>Why the fuck phones have glass backs?
Battery worse than Z3C. Faster, though, so yep.

Will get an XZ1C for next phone, but unless I drop this glass-backed sexy beast, I don't see that being any time soon.

It's bullshit about the bloatware being easily uninstallable, though. I get ads as notifications from bullshit Sony apps like Whats New and fucking sticker packs.

The skin is fairly unobtrustive, though.

Unlocked bootloaders

developer.sonymobile.com/unlockbootloader/unlock-yourboot-loader/

All models since forever have source posted

github.com/sonyxperiadev?tab=repositories

Keeping older phones up to date

blogs.sonymobile.com/2017/08/31/xperia-android-8-0-oreo/

Waterproof spec monsters made in Japan

So yeah, Sup Forums likes Xperia as much as Sup Forums can like a mobile phone.

Been rocking an E4G for the past two and a half years. The touchscreen sucks ass and is very inaccurate, but it's a surprisingly powerful device for the price range. Low resolution helps keep the battery life up, I bought a replacement battery a few months ago so I don't intend to replace this phone anytime soon. I can't stand phones that are larger than 5" or smaller than 4.5" so I'll probably get an X compact if I ever upgrade

it's actually unbelievable how much people care about a water proof phone, it's because of you that phones are so expensive now fucking retards. My flip phone from the year 2000 can survive the rain. You have to be absolutely fucking retarded to drop it into a pool or something.

Only if your phone is a flagship, fuck people who choose to spend less than a fortune :)

Xperia XA:
>No custom ROMs, something something Mediatek
>"What's New" can't even be disabled, forget about uninstalling it
>A model from 2016, and it's already abandoned (last security update is August 2017)

I didn't even buy it myself, but it's still making me angry.

Sony's support for their mid-lower range phones is dire.
t. Former Xperia M and current Xperia E4G owner.

The M got about 2 updates in total, one of which was total shit so I avoided it. The E4G has never been updated since I got it, and has a mediatek 64bit processor, which while fast, has absolutely no custom ROM support

I have an XZ1 compact and I am very happy with it. I've owned multiple Xperias now and never would have were it not for Sup Forums

So you're telling me I should have got an Xperia XZ premium for $549.99? :< Shit.

>soul

Sony is over.

Although my slow 6+ is pissing me off, Android is a sidegrade from my jailbroken ios 9. Also, the camera doesn't seem that great.

Yeah they're probably the best looking phones in my opinion but most are them are just as expensive as every other flagship out there. Plus if you care about it you'll just put a case over it anyway. But if you have the money and you install a custom rom/no Gapps on it then I'd say go for it.

Would've kept using my XA Ultra if the bootloader could be unlocked. Nice phone, even if its got midrange parts