Why do many on Sup Forums dislike gaming?

I enjoy many things on computers. Building them is fun. I've custom built all my PCs since I was 13ish. About 28 now. I find setting up an OS fun. I've set up windows and Ubuntu. Changed the OS on my android tablet. Encryption interests me.

However, the most fun thing about technology is PC gaming to me. Other than gaming, I like online message boards like Sup Forums.

Security and etc.. sound interesting too but I'm awful at math.

Why do or don't you play games Sup Forums?

video games are gay

What about them don't you like?

I enjoy
>fun story to get into
>fun combat like in Shadow of War
>eye candy to look at

I like money more than games

so i like to day trade equities and pump and dump cryptos. risk managed gambling is my gaming addiction

now if there was a game that I was good and top1% of the world in, then yea if i can make money of that, I'll like it, but i'm just an average joe desu

>only care about having enough money to buy beer, vape stuff, computer parts and games
>would be nice to have money to buy parents stuff when old and donate to homeless people too

What do you do with your money? I've never really cared too much about it compared to most people I know.

I haven't stopped by Sup Forums more than maybe a few times every couple months for over a year now due to how much the board has gone down hill, but I do enjoy playing games on occasion when I have nothing else to do (and would probably be better off playing them than wasting my time on this site these days). I've pretty much given up on newer popular games though since they're being run into the ground in a variety of ways, so I'm not too interested in the computer hardware necessary to play them. I'm probably going to be able to swap out my desktop for an SBC for all uses except playing non FOSS games in a few years if things keep going how they are.

What's a SBC and what are non FOSS games?

After awhile they become tedious and you realize what an enormous timesink it becomes when you could actually be doing something worth your time. I still play games but much less than before and they have pretty much lost their luster

SBC is single board computer. Think Raspberry Pi.
FOSS is Free and Open Source Software

any long term cryptos? Answer is no... but I like decred because of its governance. Also lykke.

>something worth your time
Like posting on Sup Forums? I honestly think I get more out of some of the games I play these days than the time I spend here.

It's just 20-something year olds going through their "im so mature i dont play videogames" phase.

this board isn't for games. if you want to discuss the vidya

Dude, you realize you're on Sup Forums?

Time spent on Sup Forums alone= small waste of time
Time spent on Sup Forums + Time spent playing games = Larger amount of time wasted

it's mostly the culture around gaming. mountain dew, doritos, cargo shorts and fedoras...

all of the popular titles seem to be either FPS combat games like COD, fantasy / ren-faire bullshit like Skyrim, or sports games.

yeah, fuck that noise

>escapist
>consumerist (willingly use services like Steam, and thus support DRM)
>inherently anti-art (look at Sup Forums at any given time)
>gives rise to e-celebs and e-"sports", suggesting an overwhelming childish (if not literal) demographic
Some games are alright, like Dwarf Fortress, but as a whole, they're trash, and the userbase even more so.

We don't dislike games per se, we dislike the kids and teens who come here to exclusively discuss things that are relevant to their games (gaymen CPUs, GPUs, LinuxShillTips etc) when there's a board just for that

Sour grapes. Starting to change now that developers can make money out of this market.

Because Sup Forums is full of e-waste hoarders and dumpster divers.

Hard to play games on our collection of second hand computers cobbled together from spare parts, and a stack of half working Thinkpads.

>basing your opinion on a very broad hobby solely on whatever is the most mainstream
Do you also think that the only computers are out there are Applel and EXTEREME RGB GAMING RIGS that look like decepticons, and that all anime is like Dragonball Z and Naruto? If so, you should probably consider suicide.

>>escapist
>implying there's anything wrong with that

>>consumerist (willingly use services like Steam, and thus support DRM)
>implying digital download DRM platforms are the only way to play games
>implying there aren't practically endless amounts of older games to play, with boatloads of them being higher quality than newer mainstream games

>>gives rise to e-celebs
Holy shit, do you actually believe that e-celeb cancer is just limited to games?

Tell me, Sup Forums

If you could eliminate one group of thots from the net would you choose Instagram "fitness" models or Twitch boob-streamers?

you don't need to be good at vidya to make money in it lmfao
just need to own the faggots who have it rigged in order to make money off the marketing fags who convince retarded autismos there's any form of skill in this shit
shit's easier to fix than boxing matches.

>basing your opinion on a very broad hobby
solely on whatever is the most mainstream
ok, give me a recommendation on some game that doesn't hit one of those three categories. bonus points if it's not made by nintendo.

Games are proprietary and don’t run on Linux

You’re assuming that the person who plays games spends as much time on Sup Forums as the person who doesn’t

What's wrong with her leg? Oh, I think it's the lighting and phone camera making her look like she doesn't have one knee.

It depends what mood I'm in and how interesting the game is but the truth to why we dislike games is because v children will come here asking for advice on gayming computers and gayming linux and other stuff.
Often, games are used as an example as to why a certain piece of technology is invalid or something. So we go one step further and say we didn't even consider videogames and that they are suck.

contrarianism.

Rather jack off than play games. Get more pleasure.

>ok, give me a recommendation on some game that doesn't hit one of those three categories.
There's a fuck ton amount of games out there that aren't FPSes (or TPSes), medieval fantasy, or sports games. Are you fucking 13 and only know about whatever games your friends play?