Smartphones

Is it just me or there is lesser
"But will it withstand iPhone speed test" tests and more of
"Lets see how iPhone is going to hang on" tests.
You get me Sup Forums ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uL99tRQR9W0?t=74
youtu.be/IxeQ1lFVxo0?t=67
youtu.be/unTZYFHExRs?t=198
my.mixtape.moe/ebscmc.mp4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

People are starting to realize that iPhones are using outdated hardware

Then try to scroll through any medium-heavy app and see which one is smoother.

>i phones have "outdated" hardware
>receives software updates 3 years after EOL of flagship andr*id device released in the same year

Cucks are so easy to identify these days

Actually the hardware is top notch(lmao), but the software is so fucking horrible that Android phones with two times less performance keep up with, or even surpass, it.

>Actually the hardware is top notch
>throttles after 5 minutes of usage

mfw just ordered an iphone 8+
How bad did i do?

Well at least it's not fucking X. Don't forget to report your post-purchase rationalizations.

Like what do you mean?
I've never owned an iphone before. Im coming from a fucking LG Aristo

>hardware
>software
I think these might actually be different things.

You did good user. Don't listen to these autismos.

If you are in for the X it better fly u to Bahamas in the airplane mode.
No phone is worth 1500 (256 giggs plus necessary accessories)

As for the 8 dunno dude. If you are thise "tech guys" 8 is still "same shit every year" or "we saw it in android".
If you ask me, 1+ 5T is pretty darn good phone. Plus its faster (as our EverythingApplePro guys says) than X sooo, do the math.
Personally I'm going tommorow to pick up my Pixel 2 because i just ike the phone. From how much it weighs to design - just everything, and my samsung will be for experimenting with custom roms and stuff...

>Like what do you mean?
See you when you actually get to use that phone. The mental gymnastic people are doing is fascinating.

Guess I'll do an Update about a week into use.
THe fact that I need to cop some wireless Earbuds and a Wireless charging pad kinda bug me but otherwise I'm wasting those features.

I thing that GPU on Android is better but, cpu...

Can you install different launchers on iPhone? All of the performance aside I don't think I would buy a phone that I couldn't customize to at least the launcher level.

iPhone hardware is two generations ahead of the competition

And i must add user.
If you are into experimenting with custom roms, kernel tweeks and stuff - android is for you.
On the other hand, if you want simple call,sms whatsapp,IG,SC phone then iphone is for you.
Me personally, i would get bored 2 days after. Because Android...

It did not take the Note 8 nearly 7 fucking minutes to open a 5MB pdf. Jesus Christ these benchmarks become more and more useless every year.

One part of my brain thinks you are retarded, other part agrees with first part.

Holy shit lel
Are others companies even trying?

Why do i have a feeling that i know yu?

I've never used an iPhone in my life or thought about buying one. Why would I know how they work?

That's 6 seconds you retard.

I mean, yea you edit (every day) 4k vdeos on your dumbphone so...
ITS USELESS FFS.

So basically if you want to use a phone, go with an iPhone. If you're just looking for an expensive toy where you waste time tinkering with the system, go for Android. You'll get worse software support, less optimized versions of your favorite apps, and bad standby time, but at least you can play with kernel tweaks.

Yeah, some people use their phone for the apps on it, not just for playing with their kernel. Have you tried a fidget spinner? They're cheaper and probably work just as well for your autism.

Do you open apps on your phone?
Because the Note 8 opens them faster.
youtu.be/uL99tRQR9W0?t=74

Do you charge your phone?
Because the Note 8 charges faster.
youtu.be/IxeQ1lFVxo0?t=67

Do accidents ever happen to you?
Because the Note 8 is more durable.
youtu.be/unTZYFHExRs?t=198

To be honest user I did the heavy customization back on my Galaxy 5.
It was fun but not much came out of it. I just want something nice. and the camera isnt to bad either.

*Been behind competition min 2 years, so now trying to impress with sheer power, bcuz we lost at (almost) every field in industry so lets make useless tests and benchmarks*
Apple basically since iPhone5
Who the fuck cares about turn up speed?

Should I even bother with the other "benchmarks"? Nah.
my.mixtape.moe/ebscmc.mp4

Got'em
Thats your choice user. There are 2 options now
Or you are going to like simplicity of ios
Or as a former Android user who knows its capabilities youll get bored.
I bought 7 gave my sister old samsung (not that old) then took it back, now she has practically new iPhone and im upgrading to Pixel 2.
In the end do whatever you want. Its your choice

What i was trying to say, some pretty awesome things are coming to Android and you are going to iOS.
Google just made its 2 gens of ohones and they stolen the show from everyone.

This is nice but not actually useful irl.

There are android phones with lower power hardware in it doing same thing as ios plus level of customisation.
But since we are on Sup Forums, i doubt thatyou have girlfrend that you have girlfrend thatyou want to see on your background. So go for it user

I just put some some 300mb textbook pdfs on my note 8 and they opened and loaded in ~1s in Acrobat.

>white knighting a phone where you can only install the apps that Apple says you can have
>calling others cucks
Yeah, okay. Have fun taking care of your girlfriend's son she had with Jamal because you can't measure up to the BBC

>300mb textbook
jesus, looks like someone couldnt figure out how to optimize pdfs

They're art books, idk

>some pretty awesome things are coming to Android

No there isn't. Google has no clue what they're doing with Android. They can't get messenger sorted out without making a half dozen different apps and constantly killing and reassigning features between them, Vulkan did literally nothing, their device support has never improved and they've never made any sort of commitment to extending it, keeping us on their constantly rotating crap for new phones every other year, the security update space is a disaster, with the basically every non-Pixel/Nexus device running without currentMonth's patches. On top of this, last I checked, Dell doesn't void their warranty on a laptop if you choose to run with an admin account, but for some reason all the Android manufacturers have the ability to give people more control over their devices, and they choose not to.

And the only thing 'Coming to Android' is death. Google is likely going to kill Android altogether once Fuchsia comes out as app-compatible with Android, and Fuchsia will 100% be a closed ecosystem environment.

>literally a closed source OS that limits you to whatever Apple wants
>Android is for cucks
Sure.

>On the other hand, if you want simple call,sms whatsapp,IG,SC phone then iphone is for you

Only if you want to use it exactly the way apple wants you to.

I'd never even consider an iPhone (even though SE is nice) simply because I'd have to install iTunes to listen to music. With android, I don't need to install any software that I don't already use to automatically wirelessly sync all media between my phone and all my other devices. Besides, iTunes is a complete and utter piece of shit that manages to become even more bloated, slow and less intuitive with every release.

But user, if Fuchsia will be compatible with Android how it will be 100% a closed ecosystem environment?

>lists benchmarks
The only thing an iShill knows how to do.
How about we see those real world performance videos, Pajeet?

Have the Pixel 2 issues been ironed out yet, or am I going to have to go iPhone?

Both are shit phones, kys

Anybody watch this video or have the link?

>OPO smoking the iPhone left and right
>"Well it looks like Android really chose some quality animations that allow their phones to keep up with the new iPhone"

fuck off user those are definitely the same thing