Net Neutrality

What's everybody's option on the removal of net neutrality

Other urls found in this thread:

techpolicycorner.org/net-neutrality-v-title-ii-explained-3ad8d576a50a
thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/technology/347363-unlike-fcc-ftc-cannot-protect-net-neutrality
youtube.com/watch?v=Lxbdvo2vFwc
googletransparencyproject.org/articles/googles-support-hillary-clinton
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>option
Move to Canada

Shits fucked one way or another

Oh no, we'll have to go back to how the internet was in 2014. How awful.

title 2 != net neutrality

don't fall for the shills

>b-but muh lolsorandom john oliver jokes

techpolicycorner.org/net-neutrality-v-title-ii-explained-3ad8d576a50a

If you assume corporations, or the government, won't find ways to exploit the ruling regardless of how it ends up, you're naive.

Yeah because the internet was so corrupted and exploited until 2015 when Obama saved it. Remember having to pay extra for YouTube back then?

Good goy

My opinion on it is this thread

Can somebody link this in every NN thread (or explain why it's wrong)? Because I've slogged through a week of this dumb shit and this is the first time I've seen someone who wasn't a condescending douchebag or a zealous crusader explain the "opposing" argument.

Kinda hard to use the goy line when you're the one sucking on Obama and google's dick.

Some anons have posted maybe 5 or 6 cases of ISPs trying to bypass the NN ruling and in all cases they got stopped, sued, whatever. They don't give a fuck about us beyond how much we can line their pockets. I'm not saying the government is any better, which is why I originally said we are fucked either way

>Some anons have posted maybe 5 or 6 cases of ISPs trying to bypass the NN ruling
And the evidence that it would've resulted in poorer or more expensive or restricted service is...

But I don't even live in the US

>entities that have laws passed preventing new entities from encroaching on their territory in many states and/or cities
>you expect this oligopoly of entities to suddenly want to upgrade their infrastructure, be benevolent and compete with each other/itself

Right, you don't have any evidence. Keep on sucking that Google dick.

I said, three times now, that we are fucked either way.

Ultimately the corporations and the government are what they are (meaning yes, we're fucked either way) but the IDEAS behind the rules are good ideas. However, the way that they're implemented is exactly what makes the whole system so shitty. We have a group of FIVE PEOPLE, FIVE VOTING MEMBERS ONLY who determine the nation's internet policy, and these IDIOTS have COMPLETE control either way. The FCC is a corrupt piece of shit and I noted this two years ago: a shadowy bureau who can make net neutrality can render it null and void just as easy. Title II it uses the retarded "just and reasonable" language that many other regulatory bills do and as long as the FCC has power to determine what is "just and reasonable" then you're fucked, they have total control of the system. You're only left sitting there as they flip flop on this issue and other regulatory shit. The answer is not NN is good or bad because it is the wrong question. First the FCC needs to go.

>First the FCC needs to go.
Amen. That was never an acceptable setup - 3 votes to decide the entire nations Telecommunications policy? srsly? - but pajeet was the final straw, doesn't even make an effort at pretense of impartiality. Court for ignoring consultation requirements over scrapping NN, and don't stop till its disbanded, with either a sensible new solution, or transfer to FTC as stopgap.

Fuck off Sup Forums. Drumpf is a sack of shit and the GOP sold it's soul to lobbyists decades ago.
Fuck each and every one of you brainless twits.

FTC still won't be able to regulate the big 3 since they're also phone companies and 9th circuit ruled that this means the FTC cant mess with them even outside of their telephone services
thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/technology/347363-unlike-fcc-ftc-cannot-protect-net-neutrality

>only the identity I don't align myself with politically is capable of caving to lobbying
no one mentioned Trump either. Kill yourself

>Fuck each and every one of you brainless twits.
"Except for me of course, I'm such an intellectual genius!"

>intellectual genius

yeah.. but this is precisely the point, pajeet is (falsely) claiming 'well, I know this is all a bit ABSOLUTELY AND TOTALLY IN FAVOR OF THE ISPs AND SIMPLY FUCKS OVER THE CUSTOMERS, but, if we, the ISPs, go too far overboard, the FTC can step in..'
That the FTC cant, not at present, is obvious, and they are saying as much. The courts are not stupid, and where the FCC are claiming FTC can be then responsible, as FCC has more or less abdicated complete control to the ISPs -courts can say, right, FTC, we shall indeed MAKE you responsible, what powers do you need? And until such time, ban the FCC from further decisions, as (patently and inarguably) incompetent.

youtube.com/watch?v=Lxbdvo2vFwc

Donald Trump is made of blubber and shit.

Ok. That's entirely irrelevant to the thread. Fuck off

>the thread
Is that what you call this relentless spam?

[citation needed]

googletransparencyproject.org/articles/googles-support-hillary-clinton

i don't feel comfortable taking the chance with whether the courts will do so.

Oh no its somebody that thinks net neutrality is only 2 years old and doesn't seem to grasp that they're a fucking moron for attaching Obama's name to it without realizing that the FCC was maintain an unspoken agreement with ISPs for two decades until Verizon decided to sue which led to the definition of the unspoken agreement OH NO ITS A RETARD

You know that states also could maintain their own net neutrality IN 2014, too, right? Or are you going to just ignore that fucking little slight Ajit Pai is trying to pass? Or wait, is that not illegal enough for you?

Man, if Obama gave you a million dollars, you'd find a way to fucking bitch about it, huh? I mean, he has nothing to do with net neutrality outside of being the administration that defined it (albeit it was too fucking close of a call) but man, way to really show how bloody moronic you are.

For once I can't blame Trump's supporters on this one. They can't be dumb enough to not realize without net neutrality, Trump wouldn't be where he is today. Its the fucking libertarians this time.

This stupid image. This stupid image and the bullshit its pushing.

It's also entirely unrelated to the spam, as annoying as it is

well, yeah, there is that.
HOWEVER, the FCC (who are nominally in charge, still) are fatally compromised, and there aint really any other option than reliance on the courts. The positive, Comcast & Co are so fixated on profit, they are completely ignoring the fact, internet really is a global concern. The amount of infrastructure American ISPs actually control is nominal - and if they fuck around with companies too much, companies will simply treat them as damage and route around them. And that has wider implications for the US Economy than just Comcast's bottom line, and I doubt either Courts, or FTC or the bits of Government that haven't been subject to a Trump lobotomy will be blind to the issue.

Remember when Netflix was forced to pay Comcast because they were "clogging" up Comcast's network? As a shill I suspect you don't.

Yeah, lets get rid of all regulations. In a decade we will look like a 3rd world shit hole

>look like a 3rd world shit hole
and how, exactly, do you think you come across at present, to countries with actual robust internet protections and shit? And how many of those countries do you think are going to be rushing to get involved in internet-based projects with a country where the entire industry is regulated by a deranged patsy pajeet who makes up shit as he goes along, this so his actual employers can legally blackmail the owners of any bits hoping to pass through their lines?
you're a fucking 3rd world banana republic already. And I'm not even joking.

I legit don't give a fuck. Internet, or as I've taken to calling it, normienet, is dead to me,I don't use social media, I don't use YouTube, I occasionally order shit from amazon.

See pic related. Trump referred to net neutrality as a "top down power grab" on Twitter and he's the one who appointed Pai to do all of this bullshit. These people think it's some kind of 'Obamacare for the internet' and don't even know enough about net neutrality to realize how it was fundamental to Trump gaining power. Yes, most of his supporters really are that fucking dumb enough to believe it.

What does this old post about current year man have to do with anything? Is this another one of those
>LOL only libruls and John Oliver reddit soyboys support net neutrality
shill arguments?