Ryzen B350 Motherboard & RAM?

Just bought a Ryzen 7 1700 because of a good sale & needed more cores for VMs and encoding. I want to get a B350 motherboard, since I will only be doing a light overclock and running with a GTX 1060 6GB for 60FPS/1080p gaming. What is a decent motherboard & RAM to get? I want to be able hit 3000MHz on the RAM with ease.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZGrxhf_xZWI
youtube.com/watch?v=vcqu-9Ejf60
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ryzen performance improves pretty significantly with ram speed so grab some 3200mHz DDR4.

Yeah, I am aware of infinity fabric design and all that but it doesn't seem like all Mobos/RAM can hit 3000MHz.

So this is why I am wondering what I should buy.

I looked at MSI B350 TOMAHAWK, but I read that VRM is poorly cooled and design is weird.

I'm looking at GIGABYTE GA-AB350-Gaming 3 right now, but I hear BIOS is kind of shitty, but okay designed otherwise.

Not sure what else to look into.

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3000-3200MHz is what is on sale right now over here in Canada, but still expensive as fuck for $200 + tax. And low chance you will get the Samsung stuff from what I am reading.

Dont skimp on the motherboard. Save up for a few more weeks or months and get the X370 Taichi.

B350 motherboards are having problems with VRM cooling. I know you arent gonna OC too much But VMs and encoding are quite heavy on the CPU so go with quality VRMS.

This guy made some reviews on B350 VRMs

youtube.com/watch?v=ZGrxhf_xZWI

You can get X370 Prime Pro.

Why would you buy a 1060 6GB?

You want an ASrock Pro 4 minmum, and you have to put a fan on the VRM
better yet get an ASUS PRIME X370 PRO board

youtube.com/watch?v=vcqu-9Ejf60

Didnt know he released a new vid thanks senpai

>tomahawks have bad vrm
Not really, stop listening to shills
>the design is weird
Stop listening to retards

Every B350 board has a shit VRM

MSI AM4 boards are terrible across the board

I really hope you aren't the same dumbass recommending assrock or anus as if they are somehow an improvement

The ASrock board is acceptable, I'm running Ryzen 7 on the Pro4, with a fan it's fine at 3800mhz 1.35V daily use.

The ASUS PRIME X370 PRO board is one of the best for the money when it's $120-130, but lacks real heatsinks like most boards

Not only am4, most MSI mobos for other platforms have shit VRM unles you want to pay lotsa sheckels for a top quality one.

>MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon has the beefiest vrm among all the b350's of all brands
woops

>MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon
Ya, it even comes with a dedicated VRM cooker AKA a hunk of aluminum over your VRM. also what are the components of that VRM?

The ASUS X370 PRIME PRO isn't much more money in any event

who cares?
I got to prove someone wrong on the internet.

I'd avoid the Gigabyte board.

My Gigabyte AX370 Gaming 5 died after 4 months. Got a new one on RMA, but I'm not even sure it's worth using it. I ordered a same-day delivery cheap Asus B350 board the same day I RMA'd it because who's got time to wait for that so I'd have to rebuild.. and again, who's got time for that and the new Gigabyte board could die in another 4 months..

ASrock AM4 boards are on point.
MSI are a fucking mess.
Gigabyte are meh tier.
ASUS aren't much better than MSI

>I want to be able hit 3000MHz on the RAM with ease.
Any ram with samsung or hynix silicon will hit 3000. Don't buy meme kingston/team/g.skill/etc value ram. Crucial is a bad choice too since it's most likely micron chips. Samsung/hynix value ram will do, any kit rated at 3000+ too.

form most expensive to least
ASUS Crosshair VI Hero
Gigabyte X370 Gaming K7
ASUS Strix X370-F Gaming
ASUS X370-Pro
ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 (least shitty b350 vrm)

asrock is proven scam
msi just werks
gigabyte proven scam + drop like flies
asus just kys please wtf are you even doing

I want the meme that is "we're not gonna use actual finned heatsinks on our motherboards because it doesn't look as premium as solid useless aluminium blocks that doesn't cool well even if a 3000RPM fan is pointed towards it" meme to end

this is what actual motherboard manufacturers say as a defense when confronted with their terrible VRM cooling across the board (both Intel and AMD)

you're kidding right? your retarded opinion piece is invalid since the actual failure&return rate stats are published, asrock is currently out ahead, with gigabyte then msi almost tied behind them, with asus coming in last of the 4.

Crosshair hero vi

I got a Gigabyte B350 Gaming 3 and it came dead on arrival, fuck that shit
Went MSI but there are better

Gigabyte low end boards are alright. But gigabyte is apparently synonymous with shit in sea countries

> msi just werks
Shittiest mobos of them all.

get an msi tomahawk or msi krait b350, for ram grab some of the 2400 mhz hyper x fury i have mine ocd to 3200mhz and it runs very nicely