I've decided to start using Firefox. What extensions are recommended? What will I miss?

I've decided to start using Firefox. What extensions are recommended? What will I miss?
How do I start switching everything I have over to Chrome? Is this a smart move?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.mozilla.org/9073131
hacks.mozilla.org/2017/08/inside-a-super-fast-css-engine-quantum-css-aka-stylo/
reddit.com/r/privacytoolsIO/comments/5qnq6j/time_to_stop_recommending_https_everywhere/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

uBlock Origin

Palemoon.

ublock origin (optionally umatrix if you prefer more control)
https everywhere or an alternative
cookie auto-delete or an alternative
stylish
greasemonkey 4.0 or violentmonkey
image search options
rotate and zoom image
I don't care about cookies
Coincidence detector
if use you MEGA or regularly download from there, get their FF extension

thanks everyone so far

how do i go about verifying what sorts of exact permissions these extensions require? i want to know so i know. on chrome, it would just say it wants to "access everything"? Are any sponsored officially by anyone?

also, what *REALLY* am i gaining from switching over to firefox from chrome?

what settings am i gonna go with for firefox

Permissions will be shown when you attempt to install an addon.

uBlock Origin, Greasemonkey, Owl, uMatrix, RES, Youtube Dark Theme, TinEye, Tree Style Tab, HTTPS Everywhere and Stylish.

Turn on the Dark Theme included by default, make a folder named chrome in your profile folder and put the following files in the chrome folder.
This goes in a file named userChrome.css.
@-moz-document url("about:home"), url("about:newtab") {
.activity-stream {
background: darkgrey!important;

This goes in a file named userContent.css.
pastebin.mozilla.org/9073131

Firefox Quantum is far more customizable than Chrome, you don't get the Google botnet and it'll get even better once the rest of the stuff from Servo is incorporated in later updates.
hacks.mozilla.org/2017/08/inside-a-super-fast-css-engine-quantum-css-aka-stylo/

Looks like she's sucking a ghost dick.

This, but Pale Moon. Basilisk and Waterfox are acceptable alternatives. Anything from Mozzarella is shit.

Worse performance than Quantum, probably has the memory leak issues which ahve been somewhat reduced in Quantum with the Rust rewrite, you'll have to use the old versions of addons, no stuff like Reader Mode or a decent inbuilt PDF reader, and it'll get worse as time goes on because the developers won't be able to incorporate bugfixes and features from Firefox Quantum.

>you don't get the Google botnet
Bullshit. Google Analytics is baked in.

where is this profile folder?

reddit.com/r/privacytoolsIO/comments/5qnq6j/time_to_stop_recommending_https_everywhere/

>it'll get worse as time goes on because the developers won't be able to incorporate bugfixes and features
You don't think the dev can maintain his own fork? How many fixes from Quantum will be relevant anyway? This isn't even factoring Basilisk.

Yeah, most of them are a generalized "access ALL information"

now why the hell would anyone want that at all

Can be disabled.

In the same way one can 'disable' Chrome's spying I'll bet.

Chrome can't disable that, but firefox can. Firefox has the power of about:config so if you're really that autistic about it you can just search for "google" and remove everything listed.

>it's bad guise
>some retard will be confused
>observatory is bad to
>but i won't say how
shit post, sasuga plebbit

OP here, I still have some questions.

1) Most of these add-ons seem great but the fact that most of they require to read my information on all sites seems so retarded. Do you guys use other forms of uncommon security against this?

2) Where is this user folder mentioned by

3) If one doesn't care about botnet, does switching from chrome to FF even matter?

Question: Is there a replacement for tree style tabs on the new firefox engine? I can't stand regular tabs I use so many I need trees again. I found one, but it does both top and side, and it was janky.

Why even bother with a browser that's about muh privacy and enable it by default. Mozilla has become such shit and I can't understand why Sup Forums still unironically shills their Chrome clone.
>If one doesn't care about botnet, does switching from chrome to FF even matter?
Not anymore. FF may just werk better for you, but it's still botnet.

I see. So far, it doesn't work better for me. Just dislike the look of it and seems slower. Also, this is minor, but its bookmark bars look hideous compared to chromes.

What do you worry about? uBlock and uMatrix are open source and trusted by Mozilla and the addon community. They are in no way malicious. They need to see what site you visit because they use per-site filters. How exactly would they know what site your browser is trying to visit? uBlock needs to know this so it can block malicious or ad domains.
>is it worth switching
Yes

That's nice that it's trusted. I need to try to find more trusted stuff.

Why is it worth switching? Doesn't seem much faster, I heard Chrome is better for security, I don't think I care too much about privacy/botnet because why should I? Also, I think the UI is ugly but whatever.

That's why you can, in order
>Waterfox
>Basilisk
>Pale Moon, if you liked really old versions of FF

Thanks. I'll do more research on security

If it were better for security it would be used as a base for Tor browser. Firefox is definitely more secure.

haha, benis :-D