How can I know which Mainboard I need for my cpu? newfag here

How can I know which Mainboard I need for my cpu? newfag here

just google your CPU and get informations about it's socket.

attention: the new intel cpus (8th gen) have 1151 like the older gens, but require an other socket

Use pcpartpicker.com pick desired CPU and it'll only show compatible motherboards

hotaru is the worst girl

I cant see it

Can't see what?

The compatible Mainboards

If you can't even use such a simple website perhaps you should just buy a prebuilt computer since you'd most likely struggle with assembling it

no fuck off

Just say which CPU you want faggot.

Intel Core i5-7500

Get any LGA 1151 motherboard. There, took me less than 5 seconds.

>i5-7500
Disgusting. Get the Ryzen 5 1600. Same price, same performance now, better performance in the future.

Thank you man.
>Disgusting
May I ask why? Everyone says its pretty solid. What Mainboard do I need if I buy Ryzen 5 1600 instead?

>7th gen intel processors
lmao

Just go to amazon and look at the specs. It's kindergarden stuff.
And yeah the 7500 is solid, as I said it has the same performance as the Ryzen, but Ryzen has 2 more cores and 4 more threads, so it will get better FPS on future games since new Intel CPUs have the same amount of cores.

Shit, I'm blind. It's just my first time building that crap alone, thank you user

Does it matter how big the motherboard is actually? Can I just install any size class in my case?

Not if its too big for your case.

Thanks, got any other tips?

If you are on a tight budget don't fall for the 16gb RAM meme. Get an SDD it's really worth it. Get a decent power supply but don't get a 1000w one or some bullshit like that, you won't need more than 700-800w. Don't pay for fucking windows. Also watch some PC building videos BEFORE starting to build it.

I already decided to have only 8gb DDR4 RAM sticks. SSD is really expensive, are you sure about that?
>Get a decent power supply but don't get a 1000w one or some bullshit like that, you won't need more than 700-800w
Already aware of that.
>Don't pay for fucking windows
Got a friend who owns a disc of it

Thanks a lot

120GB is like 50 bucks. Pretty worth for much better load times on games and boot times. You can get it after you build your pc tho.

I dont really know. 120GB is a really small amount of space, even if I wont download much. I I will think about it, thanks

>SSD is really expensive, are you sure about that?
There's no way to get SSD speed with a HD. Besides, the SSD is silent and low power.

don't install windows from a disc, you stupid fucking mong...

get the iso from microsoft, you'll have the latest and legit version this way

use their tool to make a bootable usb stick

I never thought about that. Damn, thanks user

and when it asks for a serial during the install, just install without a serial.

and then get the latest microsoft toolkit, add it to the defender exclusion, run as admin, and "easyactivate" your windows. you are now activated.

Damn I feel so redpilled