New version released yesterday:

New version released yesterday:

v 10.1.3rc1
=============================================================
+ Work-around for Firefox not displaying NOSCRIPT elements on
pages where scripts are blocked by CSP

Just tried it on enable-javascript.com and it's working.

THANKS MR. SPAGHETTI!

Other urls found in this thread:

hackademix.net/2017/11/28/growing-pains-1013-rcs/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just tried the 10.1.3rc2, it blocked all javascript in the browser, even installing a previous version didn't work, had to deactivate it.

It's working here, see pic.

I loved you and only you, NoScript. Then you changed ... and I met another while you were away. Please be happy for us, old friend.
Love,
Betty
p.s. Umatrix says hi

But this thread is about the work-around implemented on NoScript that makes Firefox show the NOSCRIPT elements when the scripts are blocked by CSP.

uMatrix doesn't do that.
See the pic here and try for yourself with uMatrix

>
This ancient shitty icon.

>wanting the CIA niggers to know you're blocking JS

For some fucking retarded reason NoScript completely breaks YouTube video playback, even when I try playing videos through HookTube instead and / or allow literally everything through.

Just use the mpv plugin.

It works here.

Have you tried a hard reload (Ctrl+R) after you allow everything?

I have YouTube playback but literally the only thing on screen is the video. If it's a YouTube page without video there are no elements on the page.

Fucking noscript gets worse by the day.

I figured out the problem. "Trusted" gave me the impression that everything would be let through, when in fact it doesn't automatically tick the "fetch" box which was required to let the videos play.

Just tested 10.1.3c3, java still doesn't work.

You mean javascript?

If I allow the site, it works. Pic related again.

This is my Sup Forums catalogue with noscript activated, with Sup Forums.org in "trusted".
Anyway, it's not only Sup Forums, it's everything on the browser, it's ignoring my setting on all sites.
I've used noscript for yers, the problem started with today 10.1.3rc2 update.

Are you using a portable version of Firefox?

Something similar happened at work today (and I use a portable version there). I had to disable NoScript there.

However, here at home it's working right.

Nope, it's an installed version on win7.
Anyway, i'll try to see if on my laptop with win10 everything will work fine.

Hmmm, on the laptop everything is working fine.
Luckily i've made a backup yesterday of my noscript settings, i'll try to nuke them and restore them to see if this mess can be fixed.
Otherwise, i'll simply start using umatrix for now.

This is pure bullshit.

Giorgio has to make up for Mozilla's mistakes, but he can't. All he does is literally replacing elements with . This sucks for several reasons:

1. I don't know how he got that through Crapzilla's addon checks/signing. When I tried to do the very same thing (with , but oh well...) months ago the were like "fuck you! we are not signing your addon because you are inserting unsanitized code"

2. It is still a fucking hack that still has problems: can be styled. For example, if all on a site are styled to have a border -> your replacement now has a border. If your contained a -> you have a double border

3. It is fucking stupid, because this is a Mozilla fuckup. They had a bug, for months, wishing for an API to disable JS. They said "fuck you! we are not going to allow extensions to disable JS, but you may open a new bug because we may allow extensions to disable JS on certain sites...". The bug was opened and had the title "Allow WebExtensions to disable JavaScript for a specific domain". Guess what? Some Mozillian realized, just a few days ago, that chrome/ium has an extensions API to disable JS (and other stuff). That API is called contentSettings. I did not know this because I did not use chrome/ium in the past, but I guess I should have.

NOW they renamed the bug "Implement contentSettings API for Javascript"

This is just fucking sad. Why did they not know this? Why did they not plan ahead and implement ALL chrome/ium APIs?

4. The workaround will probably stay for much too long, because - well there is a solution, right?!

Web extension!

What do you want to tell me with this post?

I agree with you, this is just a hack by Giorgio, because Mozilla fucked up.

I even emailed Mr. Spaghetti asking about this, see pic, but he never replied me. I don't know if he thought I was being a douche or if his mail server antispam doesn't let cock.li emails pass through.

Unfortunately, it's the best we can have on Firefox right now.
I hope they implement the fucking API soon and Giorgio codes it into the extension.

I can kinda understand that he has a lot to do right now and cannot answer your mail. Still, it is a fuckup.

WebExtensions are a fucking mess.
Right now, he must be all about fixing the UI because that seems to be what most people are complaining about. I hope that he fixes this REALLY important bug in the future. IMO NoScript without tags was useless, now with a buggy replacement it is - buggy.

BTW: Why did Mozilla not implement a native GUI for extensions? WHY? Is there any fucking reason? If I was in control of any big project that relies on user provided extensions, I would make fucking sure that everything looked native.

Nevertheless, I need . Therefore, as long as this is only possible with a buggy hack, I am off to chromium and some FF 56

I just saw that Giorgio posted something new on his blog explaining what happened.
Basically, everyone that installed the RC2 got the 'trusted' presets erased. You just need to check them back.

See: hackademix.net/2017/11/28/growing-pains-1013-rcs/

Thank you for updating me, i'll start putting everything back tomorrow.

Auto redirect stop when?
Or is there another addon that does this?

i'll wait a bit more, this is still horrible