Nigeria to train 1 million people in programming skills by 2019

youtu.be/8dlmvvgfXYQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=scoTnDLsiMw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Nigeria to train 1 million people in programming skills by 2019
> 2019

Are they trying to start world war III with India? India said they would be a super power by 2020.

>dey sed dere wo b a bo'less bucket

Niggers or poopers
Id go full black this time

What kind of computer is that?

LMAO GOOGLE LITERALLY TURNING ANDROID BROWN

smart

the white man cant compete... These niggers will shit out apps for 2$ an hour slowly trumping the hindu 5$ rate

its fucking over

Well at least the purpose is less retarded compared to this

youtube.com/watch?v=scoTnDLsiMw

>people

Niggrs btfo

Fucking lmao, glad I didn't get into programming. This looks like such a shit-show. Now you losers will have not only pajeets competing with you but niggers too.

> programming skills
> python

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAH

>teaching african refugees how to program javascript, using maglev trains to get resources to the moon, these are the things that inspire me

>India
>Nigeria
>inflation of Python & Java 'coders'
Good thing I mainly use superior modern JavaScript and won't be affected by this.

RPI computer kits

>Niggers and logic
What could possibly go wrong?

Did a little digging and kek you're right

It's basically that OLPC-scam thing all over again

Time to start looking over the spam filters again I guess.

> hi I am Nigerian coder I will make you app for $50 dollars

>obviously is Nigerian scam.

This or P.ajit?

>be european aid agency
>saw some backwater african village
>"hurr let's teach them programming" instead of more tangible skills like better agriculture practices, animal husbandry or even shit like carpentry or solar panel installation

And you people asking why the chinks are winning in africa

kek

I just wonder what will happen when the AIs started to code.

It's over lads, time to learn wielding

what's it called when the white part of someone's eyes is yellow?

>be in shortage of cheap IT workforce
>invest in people who would code for $300 a month
Good thing aid agencies aren't run by complete retards like you.

Daemon possession.

what is it user?
You never had the pleasure of writing something in nice ES6 syntax?

How is it a scam? It delivers the promise of usable computer for 100 bucks

Hepatitis.

> OLPC
> scam
The one thing where you're right is that manufacturers couldn't make it with Intel.

>mfw they end up better than pajeets

They sould rather invest in teaching people trades rather than programming.
Building infrastructure first, but no they want their people to live in shitholes with computers n shit.

So good be in English speaking country. Programming very depend from English nowadays. Unfortunately I don't have chances move to English speaking country. So sad.

Literal code monkeys.

Cool! More crackers! even The Keyboard Caper was black

Because all these companies want is cheap labour. They're not looking to improve the lives of these people. That would be counter-productive, as they'd then want more money to work. Training them, but keeping them poor and working for a pittance on the dream that one day it'll all pay off and they'll move to Silicon Valley and work for Google is what it's all about.

Code monkeys :D

: )

Man I can't wait for google to get fucked up when NN gets repealed

Awwwww shieeeeet, shut it down, this guy hit the nail on the head.
Why would Google want to increase labor costs by improving living conditions in India.
The internet is about the sharing of ideas, but for those who have little to nothing it about comparing your shitty life in the dessert to the 10,000 lakes of Minnesota.

Best answer Second Third: Jaundice

>they train 4,000 teachers using some shitty software guided training module
>said 'teachers' then 'train' more pajeets with same software

you don't just 'teach' someone programming as if it's some slip of paper that you hand to someone and they automatically become a god tier programmer. you spend 2 years writing bullshit and garbage and eventually if you get past the plateau, then your game starts to change and you start to write decent looking code, start implementing more powerful features, start branching off into different specializations, etc.

half of these niggers will die of malaria before they ever get to that point. also, they don't even have an education past like 7th grade in most cases, how the fuck do you think they'll just become google-worthy android programmers? if anything, their kids might one day be good programmers while google reaps these niggers for HTML boilerplate at $0.20/hr .

this is nothing to worry about. they probably have a better chance of coming into the mainland US and stealing labor jobs than stealing tech jobs. even your average help desk retard wont be replaced by these niggers. they probably barely understand how a computer works since they're just being introduced to them in 201x. also they barely even know english so learning programming languages that are designed in english will only be harder for them.

If you're white and can speak English there's literally 0 reason to get into programming.

Get into project management, kids. You should LEADERS not codemonkeys.

>inb4 I get a hundred (You)s implying this is bait

You're definitely going to regret staying in dev after you become 30.

It is interesting that it's apparently more important to teach them programming than fixing elementary infrastructure and working plumbing.

That's probably too many. If that's the plan Nigeria has, I basically can't see it working out.

Ultimately ALL the larger power blocks in Eurasia and North America are also training hundreds of thousands to millions of programmers & presumably to a higher standard for the foreseeable time.

And pump out unusable code that needs to be fixed by a white man that'll charge 300/hr after everyone goes freelance and becomes experts in negotiating contracts. WOW so smart!

>good programmers
They don't want any. They want cheap code monkeys.

Dynamic typing is for brainlets.

Almost no one here wants code monkeys for the internal software. They want good programmers.

Though of course often they want them to do the job quick rather than perfect.

ahaha inb4 i get yous well memed friend xD

>LITERALLY CODEMONKEYS

Are you literally retarded, Reddit?

Some of them will presumably be good, but one million shortly trained code monkeys almost guarantees drowning their talent in a sea of people who just want to do the minimum they're paid for.

Not that you can immunize people easily to getting jaded like that with the bland grind that programming tends to be, but you know...

Oh shit. Their scams are going to be more sophisticated now. Better watch out online shoppers.

guess somebody finally helped that nigerian prince get his money

>Continent in a nearly perpetual hunger and water crisis
>Most states can barely exists without help from the west

Do you either:
>Try to stabilize countries by increasing food production and rural development while slowly raising the skill level of the population to become competent farmers and self sustaining
>Train computer programmers, which are either good and thus will leave the country or bad and thus useless, without addressing any of the core issues your country has.

This surely will end well for Africa...

Welcome to triangular trading. Nothing has changed since colonial times.

>Implying JavaScript isn't pajeets favorite pastime with electron.
Pajeet doesn't need to learn proper tools if you give pajeet a street pajeet will make it a toilet.

It's not all that simple. Africa is rich but the west keep plundering their resources. They produce enough food but 1/3 of them go to waste (lack of processing facilities, transport, market, etc)..

Africa basically deals with bunch of small problems snowballed into one big mess. For that you need a competent strongman as head of the country that will steamroll shit like red tape, corruption and inefficiency with an iron fist.

Problem is that, like one former ghana prez once said, if authoritarian is the answer, than africa is a paradise right now. For one guy like Kagame, there's like 10 other guys like Museveni, Zuma, or worse, Mugabe or Idi amin

We wuz C++ and shit

>It's not all that simple. Africa is rich but the west keep plundering their resources. They produce enough food but 1/3 of them go to waste (lack of processing facilities, transport, market, etc)..
I agree and I might have exaggerated, but training programmers won't help this either.
The issue Africa has is not a lack of (more or less) high skilled experts, you already described them.
Solving them won't be easy and educating the population away from what is needed only makes the issue worse, especially when that means that the smarter individuals will leave your countries because they can quite easily get Jobs in more developed areas of the world.

Makes sense; programming was once elite, today it's "menial job" level,... and will soon be automated.

Fuck it was better being an electrician or plumber. Holy shit I'm depressed now.

> the west keep plundering their resources.
Heh, of course. And China is "plundering" the USA because they offer trade, too.

> They produce enough food
So does the west.

> but 1/3 of them go to waste (lack of processing facilities, transport, market, etc
Yep, and that's a combination of not having enough actual experts and not having the will to get it right (obviously for a society that's harder than just having a few people that really want to get it right, a good fraction of society needs to participate).

Of course, so many programmers probably won't solve that problem. As a society, you need to be pretty good at most things to work to a modern western standard.

> and will soon be automated
They'll hire more programmers to automate your job.

Programming will be one of the last things that can be programmed away. 'cause essentially it's not done until everyone else is gone.

Is it bad for programers from other countries?

IT'S OVER
WE ARE DONE
POOS AND NIGNOGS WIN

WE

There is something called artificial interlligence.

Programming is one of the easiest tasks for A.I to perform.

>Nigeria to train 1 million CIA niggers HolyC by 2019 !!!

most of them dont give a shit about western standard or way of doing: to get enough food for them and their family for the day is all they need, tomorrow is another problem. There is no long term vision and that is why so many places had failed to develop despite many attempts by charities.
Programming as a long term project may be fruitful. just think of GNU/Linux with arduino raspberry projects especially suited for the need of a familly living in a hut in the desert. pretty sure amazing stuff will came out of this

That's probably why it's being pushed down on poor Asians and Africans. They will be the last people left on Earth having to work when the rest of humanity has moved on from wagecuckery.

Didn't think about it this way, you have changed my opinion good sir. I still do think we should have had the same outcome from pajeet vill but at the end of the day we all know how much corruption and self importance they give themselves there. Hopefully these gentleman and woman can release some interesting code bases.

Completely wrong. Where the fuck did you hear that nonsense?

> the rest of humanity has moved on from wagecuckery
I wonder if this will be the outcome. I do hope it is.

But there's also the chance that the owners of the software and robots won't share their wealth in a larger sense. Maybe they'll provide food and housing, but that doesn't necessarily mean most of mankind will get to participate in everything the robots and software autonomously make.

Yep, to get ahead in my company you need to be a project manager. Shame project management sucks and is boring as hell, so I'll be on a mediocre income forever.

>Nigeria
>picture clearly states "LAGOS"
What's going on here?

I think we can all agree that there is no simple solution to turning places like Nigeria into competitive economies, short of allowing another nation to completely take over thier economy, but that would still result in a large native population that is restless and out of work. They will always struggle to keep up and the best they can do is make sure their citizens are in as many of the available jobs as possible. If they can create a work force of code monkeys that replace higher paid western versions, then at least they are capitalizing on something.

I think people really underestimate how difficult it would be for them to compete in other areas that seem more tangible to invest in. Many superpowers are capable of exporting agriculture products and keep prices low enough to make localy grown produce tough to market. Infrastructure and workforces are already set up for extracting and processing minerals from these types of countries, so trying to compete with that market would be next to impossible, especially considering the startup costs to do so. All of this is of course compounded by the fact that corruption is very common amongst people in power, leading to vast inefficiencies in their systems that should be growing their infrastructure. You can probably bet that this training course is the result of choosing the lowest investment choice that gives a large number of their people something to do, while the savings are going in the pockets of the political leaders.

a true visionnary

> If they can create a work force of code monkeys that replace higher paid western versions
Asia already has plenty of programmers bidding for the low end of programming jobs (plus of course many actual trained people and experts, too).

They haven't displaced the western well-trained staff, only augmented them in some instances and found local employment in most other instances.

> I think people really underestimate how difficult it would be for them to compete in other areas that seem more tangible to invest in.
Then this is probably the most retarded plan. There are pretty and very high budget universities training programmers and related (computer scientists, mathematicians, ...) in the west AND east.

It doesn't feel like a half-assed plan for "mass training" is going to cut it in face of the many countries that already have a mass training approach but ALSO sophisticated and elite institutions and companies. And many of them.

>that single comment
lel

and you thought indians were bad

What's wrong with python?

sam hyde was right again

we already know that this doesn't work. they think that crops grow by magic.

There's nothing basic about plumbing. Sewage is the most expensive and returnless investiment among all infrastructure. Without getting these niggers actual jobs that pay taxes they're never going to have it.

t. urban planner

Nigera has Nairaland which is pretty decent and at least they aren't as passive aggressive as pajeets

Get ready for a scamming and data ransom apocalypse in the IT sector and freelancing sites, mom and pop stores and shitty "startups" are gonna get raped big time lmao

doubt it. maybe for new programmers but you never know. i think that their predictions are a bit optimistic, though.

nice. hope they make it happen!

Factory workers once thought they were safe too. Globalization is coming for you whiteboi, brace yourself

Maybe if you want to stay a wageslave stuck in a miserable job. What you really do is get around 10 years of experience and go the consulting route charging $1000+ per day on 3 - 12 month contracts doing the jobs that seem interesting to you and sometimes taking a few months off between contracts to enjoy life.

Or if you want to stay a wageslave but in a technical role you get a comfy architect job somewhere.

>Watched other video posted by the same guy
>mostly stuff for /n/-autists
>dat one video about zimbabwe's prez fucking quit
>mfw

Man I'm really out of touch with the outside world. Still had that one billiion zimbabwean dollar note I've bought from ebay years ago

Python is the most white of three you mentioned.
Java is pajeet.
Javascript is Pajeet and SJW

>kagame

Rwanda is just as poor and as struggling as zimbabwe

Most of them will learn nothing. They just wait for a moment nobody watches and steal everything they can get to sell.

>Completely wrong. Where the fuck did you hear that nonsense?

I work for Google you little ape cretin