Do you know that there are bananas growing in Greece?

Do you know that there are bananas growing in Greece?
They are small and more sweet than bananas from 3rd world countries.

Other urls found in this thread:

economist.com/blogs/feastandfamine/2014/02/bananas
youtube.com/watch?v=GfX8taUsoEA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Who cares about Greece, they are extras.

i do

Bananas are already too sweet

no

>more sweet
doubt it, there's no reason for cavendish bananas to taste different and essentially all edible bananas are cavendish

also, we probably won't have bananas in ~20 years so enjoy them while you can.

Why should the bananas go?

I'm greek

>we probably won't have bananas in ~20 years so enjoy them while you can
Explain

Why bananas as we know them might go extinct (again)

fuck you

virtually every banana you can buy at your supermarket is genetically identical, they can't develop disease resistance

economist.com/blogs/feastandfamine/2014/02/bananas

the banana that your grandparents ate was a different variety(Gros Michel banana), it tastes different.

fuck you

The supermarket variety of the banana fruit, the Cavendish, is currently threatened by a disease know as "Tropical Race 4."

They are genetic clones made from a single root plant, and since they have no seeds they cannot adapt to different diseases.

The Cavendish is pretty disease resistant, but consider that it takes just as few as one successful disease to wipe out every single Cavendish.

This was close to happening once, which is why the Cavendish was developed.

Anyways the bananas in the OP are called Manzana Bananas or Apple Bananas and they are sold everywhere in the US, grown of course by their friends in Costa Rica, Equador, etcetera etcetera so fuck u lol :^)

because we're gonna wipe them out you chimp

Panama disease caused by Tropical Race 4 (TR4) in northern Mozambique. The picture, taken in January 2015, shows a banana farm planted with the Cavendish variety.

good luck with importing them from america you shitalian

i like the stupid flag of your non country

The disease attacks the vascular tissue of the banana plant, impairing its ability to draw water and nutrients from the soil.

So far, the disease in Africa seems to be contained to just two banana plantations in Mozambique, one of which is pictured here.

The illness is a relative of the "Panama disease," which wiped out the plantations of bananas in the 1960s, and prompted the industry to move to a different cultivar.

Africa is a growing exporter of bananas, with about 15 percent of the market. But many Africans depend on the fruit and get up to 90 percent of their calories from local banana varieties.

i love bananas now

highly doubt that, turkbreh.

A South Sudanese market trader sits in his shop where he sells imported bananas from Uganda. Another disease, called "BXW," has nearly destroyed Uganda's banana industry about a decade ago.

An Ivorian woman works at a bananas plantation in Bonne, 100 km north of Abidjan.

its nice to read with the pictures

yahoo it

Particularly important to Africa is the East African Highland Banana (EAHB), a staple food for 80 million people. Uganda alone has about 120 varieties of this type of banana.

India is the world's leading producer of bananas, and has hundreds of local varieties.

didnt know that
fuck you brazil

>grown of course by their friends in Costa Rica, Equador, etcetera etcetera so fuck u lol :^)

we own puerto rico which is prime banana growing location(among other things)

"Tropical Race 4" has already spread from Asia to Australia, where the diffusion of the fungus has been slow but steady, despite the precautions put in place by local growers.

i hope america collapses and gets nuked

Good luck importing them from "Greece", "Greek".

>yahoo it

What?

They tasted better, they lasted longer, they were more resilient and didn't require artificial ripening. They were -- simply put -- a better fruit, because they belonged to a different species, or cultivar in banana parlance.
It was called Gros Michel and it remained the world's export banana until 1965.

youtube.com/watch?v=GfX8taUsoEA

this man eats this old banana
i want to eat the banana from greece

i wont need to do it when i move out of this shithole in some years
fuck germany

it's the stupid greek living in germany
99% of europeans on Sup Forums are expats(or the children of brown foreigners) that are hated by their host country and have no friends so they pretend to be a citizen of their host country on Sup Forums

it's actually sad if you think about it, they want to be accepted so bad by the society that they live in that they've resorted to roleplaying online

If there are bananas in greece why don't they have a native name for them?

Checkmate atheists

i always thought that brazil grows most bananas for the world market

>him
>greek
hello newfriend, welcome to int

in greek they call them pineapple

he's greek you idiot, he's on Sup Forums every day

t. african goat fucker

where are you gonna go rape women now with your bananas?

>he's greek you idiot, he's on Sup Forums every day
his existence is a forced meme for months now summerfriend

lel no. Not even in Latam we leadit, that's Colombia.

>it's the stupid
im more intelligent than you and the average american
>greek
godlike
>living in germany
occupied part of greece
>99% of europeans on Sup Forums are expats
99% of all americans are descendants of european expats who killed the naives
>(or the children of brown foreigners)
spics in america
>that are hated by their host country
its my country
>and have no friends
more than you
>so they pretend to be a citizen of their host country on Sup Forums
thats why I write that I am a Greek
>it's actually sad if you think about it
germany invited millions of southern europeans and turks
germs invited all refugees to shitmany
>hey want to be accepted so bad by the society
everyone hates germans adn their culture
most of us dont have germ friends
>that they live in that they've resorted to roleplaying online
I am a Greek

Argentinians are less white than Turks. Turkey is also more European.

I am a Greek

I am a Greek but I know some Africans. I think they would fuck goats for some money.

i use many foreign words
foreigners use many greek words

I would kill all Brazilians for a better world.

I am an almani :DDDDD

fuck germany

δο ιτ βροητερ!

help me

turkbreh I don't care that much for fucking bananas, get serious and start thinking like a white man and not a monkey

I am a Greek not a turk
>start thinking like a white man and not a monkey
growing bananas in your own country > importing bananas from the other side of the world

r8 my whiteness

>greek

hello gay who roleplays a nazi

Why the h8?

you are ugly people

>greek

Well that's a shit reason.

You guys are bunch of cuck faggots but i have no hate towards Germany.

I am a Greek

>Greek

I am a Greek

>greek

Meh, bananas are so plentiful here we use the leaves for cooking everything from tamales to barbacoa, sure, most commercial bananas may be Cavendish but you people do realize that in countries where we actually produce fruit we can affors to have local varieties that don't ship well? Plantains and Tabascos, the other two varieties commonly sold here, are suposed to be able to handle transport and we probably throw away half of those.

I hate Orange juice in Europe, it tastes like medicine, it's so obviously artificial, and even things like apples look waxed and unnatural. Man, fruit is cheap and plentiful here and we get so much variety of it is insane. Bananas will be fine even with global warming, if something happens to Cavendish we may face some temporary shortages and start sampling new cultivars in our markets, that's it. For you it will become expensive as fuck but I'm sure you'll still get it even if it's at Japan tier prices.

>living in germany

You are a nigger

>mfw I see that german saying in every thread he is a greek