American tourists

Why are they so gross?

>Be in a restaurant, near the harbor, with family
>kids watch boats enters and leave the harbor
>next table, on our left, German people (I think) kindly eat and their kids also watch the boats
>Suddenly a group of American tourists show up
>They speak very loudly and ask for a table
>Waiter place them in front of us
>They continue to speak loudly and say shit.
>the local comfy atmosphere is destroyed
>Even the other tourists are annoyed

Why do they act like this?

they don't realize they're being obnoxious

our culture rewards egotism and loudness which doesn't translate well into other cultures

I deal with them on a daily basis, and I agree. The worst ones are the pervert ones, that thinks here is Bundaland or something. They get too touchy with women, grabbing their asses and whatnot, thinking it's okay and normal to do shit like that here.

sounds like frat boys

what's the best way for an american tourist to acquire bunda?

The difference between some American here (yes here, on Sup Forums) Who are smart and nice, and the people that you send here is Huge.

Please guys, send your better people the next time, and not your trashes. (Well I know you can't control it, sorry but it makes me feel better).

American tourists are one of the nicest and friendliest along with Taiwanese and muslims from SEA here.

Tbh in sex tourism hot spots everyone acts like a wanker. We're the same in Thailand

they're here but we don't recognize them as American,
when some white tourists have good manner, we think they're European.

>when some white tourists have good manner, we think they're European
Well, maybe It's true desu.

gringos can are very loud and pretty dumb ,but they spend lots of cash in trash so we mexican know how to deal with them and overprice our stuff and gain extra shekels
they never mess with the locals (they are afraid if us) so they stay at the resorts and designated tourism areas.
pls visit more

They are welcome
they are the joy of restaurants

Indonesia?

are you in paris? no offense but paris attracts the worst type of american tourists. people who are actually interested in french culture (generally good tourists i think) are more likely to check out lesser known sites in france but the average idiot that goes to europe just wants to see meme buildings like the eiffel tower
also this when i'm travelling most people don't recognize i'm even a tourist unless i talk to them and even then they won't know i'm an american unless i tell them. the people that you instantly recognize as american tourists are the worst ones.

>are you in paris?
no, I'm in Normandy, but I was in Bretagne (1 week ago) when it happened.

Anyway, I know that all Americans are not like that...
Yes, like this guy saidIt's just some of them, but.. You remember when you see them!

Anyway, I hope real American tourists like you enjoy their trip.
French people can also be obnoxious sometimes... :)

Americans are pretty bad but at least they don't leave their own country very often

Chinese tourists are the absolute worst

What ways do tourists dress that immediately let you know they are tourists? I want to know so I can avoid that. I bet the fact that all I wear is basketball shorts and t shirts would give me away as American immediately.

>at a mall in some city
>get in an elevator
>another guys get in
>soon as the door closes something reeks of shit
>gags
>other guy turns to me and says "Pardone moi, I am a Frenchman"

What part of America are you from?

To be fair, it must be lovely to be completely oblivious to how people judge and hate you.

Europeans waste a lot of mental energy and stress trying to be unobtrustive and fit in - which is by far the best thing to do - but there must be a certain freedom and relaxation in just acting like obnoxious cunts and not knowing/caring that you are doing so. Even walking around dressed like a comfy retard must be nice.

But if you go to out-of-the-way places and countries the Americans are decent travellers - and even more so because they know what stereotypes they are fighting against.

midwest

rar flag

>Trying to impress Yurpoors by dressing like a homo
You should wear an American flag moo moo when you visit Europe
That is the only way for them to understand what freedomz are

kek. I've known people who've dressed like that but desu most young people dress like hipster faggots nowadays.

Just don't wear this
<
with sockets (no kidding, I've seen it),
Also avoid baseball cap and fanny pack and it's ok.

>Just don't wear this
Forget the pic...

Great because I fucking hate those kind of shoes. We call them flip flops here. Anything that exposes my feet is a no go.

harbour*

Americans are always fucking loud, you can hear them from miles away.

>We call them flip flops here
Oh, thanks, I didn't know it actually...
we call it "tongue" (wich means hum, tongue in English so it must sound weird for you).

there is no problem to wearing it here, just not with socks! Please, never.

Are you from Cabo

Doesn't tourism make up most of your economy?

>flip flops
It make sense since it's the sound they do when you walk, tho.

FUCKING RARE
U
C
K
I
N
G

R
A
R
E

Also you're right.

What is your favourite anime? This is very important.

At least they aren't Chinese.

>it must be lovely to be completely oblivious to how people judge and hate you

Until they start punching you in the face, that is...

>literally just "they speak loudly"
Are you autistic or something?

I have no problem with them, their simplicity is just so funny.

Today at the Heroes' Square there was an american group who thought that what they see is the Brandenburg Gate. I loled so hard. They even told me that we should be ashamed by killing jews in WWII.

I love USA, it is a gem to the world.

In the civilized world, you don't assault people for being annoying.

>Used to think American tourists were the loudest and most annoying.
>Then I saw Chinese tourists
Literally, the U.N. should seriously ban chinks from leaving their own country. They've single handily ruined Italy.

>They even told me that we should be ashamed by killing jews in WWII
You should be very ashamed.

Be glad rednecks refuse to leave the country unless it's work related. (mostly oil rigs and merchant marines)

The only Americans that really travel are middle-class families from the Midwest, liberal douchebags, frat boys and the rich.

It's rare but regular blacks and rural Americans don't usually travel

>They even told me that we should be ashamed by killing jews in WWII.

t. Jobbik

We didn't kill any, we actually housed them :)

We did that to our polish brothers too.

I know nothing about your parties Pedro neither you about mine, leave em out of this.

>Holocaust denier
>"not Jobbik"

At least they're better than brits

Because americans can do whatever they want, wherever they want
Americans own your shithole country, including your shitty restaurant

>What ways do tourists dress that immediately let you know they are tourists? I want to know so I can avoid that. I bet the fact that all I wear is basketball shorts and t shirts would give me away as American immediately.

Generally tourists (especially Americans) dress too casual, i.e. shorts and simple t-shirt. If you want to blend in don't wear shorts unless it's > 30C and try to at least make it a Polo Shirt.
But honestly I'm not really bothered by dressing style. Being a tourist myself I understand that you can't bring a lot of your wardrobe.

I look like the Kalles kaviar dude. There is no point in trying to blend in when i'm not home. So I always try to look as touristy as possible.

Fuck I'm from Sweden, just on vacation in Italy

enjoy chinese though, you'll be wishing you had your americans back. They'd be even louder and arrive in a tour bus with 50 of them together

Where are you Blondie?

And they take pictures of every fucking thing

Not sure what the area is called but around Rosignano solvay or something

>Tuscany
It looks like a nice place

how is budapest? on one hand i hear it's great, and on another i hear its overrated

This happens all the time here (I live in Bruges), all year round. Culprits are mostly American tourists, although Australians and lower class Brits can be equally annoying, so I'd say it is a general anglo thing. I do agree that Americans take the cake though.

But often they are also cute, like big children, in awe of everything they see, hear or taste that they like.

>French people can also be obnoxious sometimes... :)

well yes you just like to be angry about minor things all the time, where the conclusion always is made that French == best ;^)

>Cargo shorts
>Cargo pants
>Those sleek sunglasses from 2000
>Fannypacks (although this is more of a German thing afaik)
>Socks in sandals
>Going everywhere in flip flops
>Those weird dadshirts with sleeves that reach the elbow
>High white socks
>Autism sneakers, mostly white (Nike monarch)

That should kind of conclude the most important /touristcore/ out there, especially for Americans. Also I've never seen the 'dadshirts' outside of American television/film and on American tourists.

This

Hank from BB was the first person to come to mind who rocks the dadshirt so here's an example.

>Going everywhere in flip flops

I thought that was more a typical Australian tourist habit.

The rest of your list is spot on though. Especially the stupid sunglasses, you can spot them a mile away.

>Kalles kaviar

Man I would love to get my hands on some! I've had kaviar in tube when I was in Sweden and it was the best bread topping I've tasted.

Can't find it anywhere around here unfortunately.

You could probably order some tubes of it or take a quick weekend trip to Sweden.

Are Swedish tourists nice? Are they white?

I understand you, I have experienced the same things in Amsterdam and Bruges. I always have respect for those servants who stay calm in such situation...

Might learn to do an American accent as an excuse for being obnoxious on the continent

Once i was visiting a famous national park in my country (Iguazu Falls) and there was a group of USA tourists by a display of rare native birds eggs and skulls. They looked like pro football players on vacation or something.

While i was excited examining the skulls (they were available for touch) the americans approached the zoologist beside the display and asked - "How much?" - pointing at one of the big skulls.

I couldn't believe what i heard, so I gave the zoologist a puzzled look. She had to akwardly tell the group that the specimens were not for sale, and the americans simply smiled, turned their backs on her and left without an apology.

they mean well...they're not harming you

you don't even need that, most of the people can't tell between different anglo accents

top 3 most annoying tourists in the south Portugal (from my personal experience as I worked as a waiter during high school)

>Portuguese diaspore, especially the French ones
obnoxious, pretending they are super rich and smart while most of them work construction

>British trash
Usually young Brits who think they can treat people like shit just because they have an average Portuguese salary in their wallet. Always drunk, rude, loud. Love to piss and vomit on the streets.

>retarded Americans
Stereotypical Americans, saying "gracias" and expecting you will congratulate them for their great Portuguese, asking if we accept euros, ordering vinho verde with everything cause Lonely Planet says so, disappointed with how small coffee is and asking if we have 3dcl Starbucks shit.

Spot on

>Today at the Heroes' Square there was an american group who thought that what they see is the Brandenburg Gate. I loled so hard. They even told me that we should be ashamed by killing jews in WWII.

>Things that never happened.

Nah it's cool here because the Joconde acts as a magnet that leaves the rest of the country chinese tourists-free

see this is NOT a meme. I've seen literally all of those things irl in London in the past few weeks alone.

Why do yanks dress like such slobs? You make even us Brits look classy in comparison.

France is a Meme destination like Italy and Ireland (though they have muh heritage tourists as well) so you get our ignorant turds.

Pretty much this.

You get our college get wasted crowd. Especially if you're in Cabo.

Holy shit are you poor? That's so ghetto. Don't dress like that and don't wear sneakers or tank tops.

>Denim overload.
>Not Canadian
Seriously just switch the Bud with a Molson or Labatts.

>Socks in sandals
I've never seen this on Americans (I'm sure some do). It seems more of a Kraut/Polish thing. The fanny pack was more of a 90s thing as well.

Pretty sure your lads already got Brits that reputation.

this seems outdated
i can imagine this like a decade ago but now? do people still dress like this? I don't see them where i've been

I work at a fast food place next to a theme park, when the park closes the fattest, loudest, most disgusting people walk in and leave the biggest messes. But oddly enough it's the Indians that leave the biggest messes.

>>Socks in sandals
i do this.

no regrets.

This he's like describing 90s Midwestern dads we had in the Northeast as tourists.

How do you feel that Poles have embraced Gean culture?

not surprised. poles are alwayas stealing.

*German
Fucking cellphone

My observation on americans usually isn't that they're gross, but rather that once they journey abroad, it seems that their sense of empathy is slowly robbed from them.

On how many mornings has it been that I've been interrupted in my scurrying from metro station to metro station by crowds of Americans on whom the faintest thought that I'm hurrying else where is lost. Americans like that litterally can't even conceive that Paris isn't some zoo for them to stare blanklessly at.

Essentially Americans can't articulate to themselves that Paris is a city with people with jobs, worries of their owns, and their own business to which to tend. Some of them stroll into the city, thinking that every inhabitant is a servant that should serve all their whims, and grow far too mad when someone isn't disposed to do so.

I mean some Americans will litterally call you an "arsehole" for not having the time to lengthily explain over the course of half an hour how to journey from Bourse to the Eiffel Tower. This is the very reason for which some Frenchmen pretend not to know english: some of us can't always be bothered to lose our time to an arrogant American, who we know will insult anyways.

Many of those same tourists are from shitty flyover states. They act the same way at home too, like visiting LA or New York and eating only at the local Chili's.

People from urban areas are much more behaved.

Its kinda weird desu, most euros would get along really well with most people from the NE but we just never travel anywhere.