Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11030626
youtube.com/watch?v=kH8PIt0LjrU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's the drink of pretentious faggots, the perfect drink for a Swedecuck

Wine is a beverage for men. Roman wine was for men
Beer is the beerage for women because estrogen

The more you know

There was/is a huge campaign started in the fifties, through the sixties and seventies, to replace clear liquor with wine. It caught on with the middle class and the middle class expanded

I really like wine

>Spain
>Beer
Really?

This is a typical propaganda poster of the era, from 62.

>Wine: So Much Better
>A Good Christmas Without Brandy: Yes, if we want to emphasize *good*. The experienced housewife knows that well-cooked good food and strong alcoholic drinks don't go together. The tastebuds get paralyzed and the flavors of the food can't come to their full right. But why offer strong liquor when when there are so many excellent wines to chose from in Systemet stores. And so cheap!
>Treat Well - Treat with Wine Instead

>Other
Sheeeeeit

We've got a lot of Tuscanyboos in the middle class and Franceboos in the upper middle class.

But brandy is just improved wine

>winetugal

>giving money to the Germans
not on my watch.

Well yeah but not when your government decides you are a kid and makes all your decisions for you. But then again this is when Sweden went from the depressed ridiculous alcoholics we used to be to the depressed moderate alcoholics we are to today so idk 2bh

I am sort of disappointed in Brazil, though.

I guess the climate doesn't help and it's not your fault, but still.

>Other

Someone explain.

Virgin blood, to cure the AIDS

wine is the most powerfull and high status

Good wines are expansive and beer are cheap in here.

Wine is a gay drink. Swedes are gay.
2+2 = ???

>tfw Romans watered down their wine for partying
literally unfabricatable

today i will quickly remind you were white

cheers

They're huge pretentious faggots who think its cool to drink wine now.

The map indicates otherwise.

>Goon not #1 in Australia

I know, I know. It's just a bit unfortunate, is all. You went around it with caipirinhas, I guess.

Your cooking is great, though. Dad is very proud of that.

You're not my dad asshole

Maybe Mead or likely countries with prohibition, but if it were the latter MENA would be colored that as well.

swedes are gay XD

>wine

Fuck it. We should drink beer.

From my experience women drink wine and men beer. Vodka (the traditional drink) is insanely taxed and associated with alcoholics so it is usually avoided.

STRAWPOLL TO SETTLE DEBATE

WINE VS. BEER

strawpoll.me/11030626

>other
?

this :D

sweden is bög

/thread

Roman wine was a very shitty one, full of impurities and they did not know how to preserve it, so they had to add a lot of stuff to it: spicies, honey, fruit etc. Sometimes they had ti water it because the flavor was too strong. Some idiots used to make it stronger by adding the "de pluto" that was made with lead.

Stfu mulsum is god tier. Faggot. Beverage only for men

>putting lead in wine
Wewlad, proves that every society has its degenerates. And good information.

What's the "Other" that Africans drink?

Guinness

Animal piss, blood, urine, vomite

because only niggers drink beer or anything else that's not wine

Hyvä viesti

Because beer promotes "toxic masculinity".

it's kinda ironic since beer is filled with estrogenic hops

even the church in medieval times knew that hops have feminizing effect, so they started adding them to beverages in order to suppress aggression and promiscuous behavior

>China
>Japan
>South Korea
>India
>etc
>spirits

Why can't we have a good image even once?

AY QUE LOCURA QUE TENGOOOOOOOOOOO

EL VINO ME PEGOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

youtube.com/watch?v=kH8PIt0LjrU

Sounds like psuedo-scientific horeshit to me user.

Homo faggot, it's really true. Ask Google or Bing

Beer btfo

We aren't that high in wine export desu, frogs are way ahead

So are we, I assume.

I was joking that Portugal would never succumb to becoming a beer-country because it's a German drink.

Production, I mean.

>it's a German drink.
Didn't the Mesopotamians invent it?
Wine is actually more native to our area, as Vitis vinifera is a native plant here (although nearly extinct in he wild form nowadays) while wheat, barley etc came from the Middle East originally

Anyway, at least for my village and the surrounding ones, wine actually dominates by a longshot.
If you go to any pub and look at the glasses on the table, 3/4 will be our typical "Saurer" (wine + sparkling water), also about 1/3 of the regional area is covered in vineyards

Yeah, you're right, you guys produce a lot more wine than I expected, but you export a lot, whereas we just consume it.

Beer is supposedly older than bread, but it's the typical German drink, stereotypically.

We do export some Riesling mainly to Murrica, China, Japan etc, but most is consumed inland and IIRC we import more wine than we export on a national scale

Based Riesling.

>not alsatian therefore french

Yeah dry one is one of my favs but nothing beats Grauburgunder (Pinot gris) desu. Especially our 2007 vintage that clocked in at 15% ABV

I am surprised by Spain drinking more beer than wine.

>Malbec
>Riesling
>Chablis

Wake me up at any time for one of those.

Especially considering the export the most of it.

I guess they have the most mediterranean land, and it does require some dryness.

eh, since when did Rakija become beer ?

It is by far the most consumed drink around here.

Most of Spain by area is actually steppe climate (and partially even desert), maybe too dry for viticulture?

Right, but they still have the most mediterranean area. They are huge, and even if the steppes are 40%, that still leaves a lot of rivers and hills to plant vines in, particularly in the north.

But I don't drink, so I don't know which would be better.

I think they use most of the area for olives, probably pays off better

Olives and Vines use very different soils.

I'm saying that every last inch they don't use for one, they use for another.

That and tomatoes. They fucking love their tomatoes.

>tomatoes
Those are water-hungry beasts, even here I have to walk the cans almost daily

Try grapefruits and oranges.

Huh. I have a random tomato plant in my garden that I don't water at all.

Maybe we get more rain, but it's been dry as fuck this year, and there's already a bunch of them growing.

It was mostly a joke about the Spanish cuisine.

Also, that's a weird way of growing them. We plant them in 2 rows of ~10 and build a rectangular structure (out of bamboo that you find around) for them to grow around.

In Argentina our 2 wine producing provinces are irrigated deserts

I think the popularity of beer is growing due to the culture of seeing beer as just a tool to get drunk before partying friday and saturday night.
Not something good by itself, only good to get drunk.

Here, because of the short growing season for (sub)tropical plants, we usually remove side shoots as soon as they appear and have only 1 main stalk which we guide upwards on those spiral metal thingies

I do have 2 lemon seedlings but they are just ornamental, I don't expect any fruits from them - you can only have them in pots here anyway because they don't like temperatures below ~12°C

Huh. That's pretty neat, actually, satan. We only prune the ones that grow over to other parts of the garden and become a nuisance. Your ground also seems a bit weird, but I can't tell why. Maybe it's greyer, or everything around it is greener.

What really weirds me is the lack of bamboo. We have some bamboo that I assume we took from India, that small time farmers use for a lot of things. We wouldn't use proper wood for temporary support, we just use disposable reeds. Also, no plastic, since we don't really need those speciality items here.

It's very interesting how much a few degrees in latitude can change. What do you grow?

Here in half a football field's worth, we have potatoes (red, white and mixed), tomatoes, beans, cabages/kales, turnips, onions, bell-peppers, cucumbers, pumpkins, courgettes, oranges, figs and grapes. I wonder which of those you couldn't grow there for some reason.

I have 1 lemon and 1 orange tree both in 46cm square pots, 3 cherry trees in 40cm high square pots, 1 avocade tree in a 50cm round pot. All have to go inside during winter time. A bit of a hassle since they are getting pretty damn big, but none are as big as the figtree yet, 210cm, heavy as fuck. My olive tree is still in a little terracotta pot so no issues there.

Nice lemon and orange harvest soon, olive no fruit yet but you can expect them, cherry trees do nicely but beware the birds they snatch all your damn cherries.

Nigga, instead of posting some climate map just check the wine profuction. We produce a massive amount of wine but I prefer to drink beer because if I had the same amount of wine I would be wasted everyday.

I wonder which of those you couldn't grow there for some reason.
>potatoes
Easymode.
>tomatoes
Never had too little sun to not have any, but I bet you get a better harvest in hotter climates.
>beans, cabages/kales, turnips, onions
No issues. The beetles here LOVE cabbage so beware. Onions are also eaten eagerly by snails.
>bell-peppers
All solanum capsisum are magnets for lice. Spray often. Other than that no issues. Have grown peppers for the last 3 years. Hot, mild, bell, anything.
>cucumbers
Plucked another 1 today. They grow well and get to a nice size
>pumpkins
So-so, but doable.
>courgettes
Never had a courgette not get that milldew stuff, the white spots that kill it. Only 3 courgettes out of 2 plants thos year. Threw it out yesterday. These get sick here fast and often. So do aubergines.
>oranges
Grow okay. But you need enough heat. Have had a tree big enough for a few only last year and this year and they do produce fruit. I have been told that less warm years means no ripe oranges. I did try grapefruit, but here we simply do not have enough heat to ripen them in 1 year, they need at least one other provided you take very good care of it so it does not lose the halfway grown ones. A but as far as I a concerned, I gave it away.
>figs
Ficus Lyrta only produces fruit in very very hot climates, so that one will not do anything. Ficus Carica will produce fruit where I live and do it well. The quite large number of unripe fruit left at the end of the growing season makes me think it would do a lot better if it were hoter for longer.
>grapes
Depends on what kind. For wine, here in NL it is a nono, not enough calcium in the ground, so you need to throw a lot of calcum on the ground often. For eating most kinds suited for cooler climates do fine. I am thinking of getting myself a few. My neighbour has some and they taste good.

>Your ground also seems a bit weird
It's very shitty, extremely heavy clay soil.
Only advantage is it saves moisture because we "only" have about 500mm of rain per year (still way too much for my liking)
Bamboo is ornamentally grown a lot here too though, pic from my daily doge walk route, shit is invasive yo
In my garden this year I have/had tomatoes, bell peppers, potatoes, carrots, rosemary, thyme, oregano, basil, figs, beans, peas, watermelons, cucumbers.
Only thing I guess is challenging for our climate that I grow is my laurel (Laurus nobilis), but it survived last winter unprotected without any damage (not a single leaf lost) even though it got very cold one night (almost -7°C!), and it cost me like €10 when I bought it last year, but I already harvested so many leaves for sauces etc it has more than paid off already compared to buying the dried, much weaker in taste leaves from store
Then some neighbour is growing outdoor olives successfully for over 10 years (they're always ripening to black by December/January), but he always builds a huge contraption around them in cold winters

Common fig (F. carica) is very widespread in my village, almost every garden has one. Usually two harvests per year, one in late June/early July and one in October (in Med countries they harvest 3x per year)

Forgot bamboo pic

Neat. We also have lice, but I'm just relaying my grandpa's field, which he manages and I just do the harder work during harvesting/planting. I don't know the regiment, but he sprays pretty often and waters everything like every 2 or 3 days in the summer depending on the heat.

Funny that you use the latin names, because we barely use the proper Portuguese ones (as in what you'd call food), and mostly use some regional vernacular for half of those.

Interesting that the main difference are the fruit trees (incl. tomatoes), but it makes sense.

I also forgot lettuce, which we grow a ton of and that I eat like it were fruit, sometimes. Pretty tasty and refreshing.

We get a shit ton of everything, and usually give a lot away to the neighbours. The garden sustains our family of 6 (and we live in 3 different houses so it wastes a bit) the whole year as far as vegetable produce goes, and it's size mostly serves as a hobby to keep my grandpa active, really.

Rosemary is a garden bush here, and I have it at my parents as a bush. Same for parsley, which sort of grows on it's own almost. Our particular plot is also clay soil, and not sand, but I think it's just the lighting hitting it different than what I'm used to.

Our fig trees only yield once a year, but they aren't watered and are just around for share. It's those black figs that taste very very sweet if you leave the tree dry.

I've seen that bamboo in American shows. Ours is a bit different and thicker and wilder-looking. It has spread, but its population is kept in check by farmers who keep harvesting it for building small farming structures.

This is neat, I don't often get to talk about the little I know of agriculture, even if I'm very amateurish and mostly following orders.

>Kek. American tastebuds can't deal with anything not loaded up with fructose

>laurel
Heh, like some fig trees, we have those at the side of some roads, for people who live around to just grab a few leaves (its very used for cooking here). I live in a semi-suburban area and there's one at the end of the street that everyone just goes and takes a couple branches every once in a while.

We don't get -7ºC at all, though.

Yeah rosemary is not a problem here, mine even flowered continuously from September to April last winter, but laurel apparently is (though mine had no problem either)
Also for ornamental palms, we can only plant Chinese windmills (pic from nearby garden) while Med places can have Canarian date palms freely planted in the garden, I wish I could do that too, but noooo, I always have to move those >200kg pots in the garage for winter
Oh the -7 was a mediocre winter low here, in extreme ones like 1996/97 it can go down to -18. Luckily it hasn't been below -10 at any time since Feb 2012 here, hope it stays that way

>lettuce
Lots of snails here and they lettuce is like blond women to arabs here. They must have it however they can. Planted it several times but all my attempts to keep the snails away have failed so never ate any of it. I keep those snail sprinles handy (iron III phosphates) and sprinkle salt on them every time I see them but they always find a way.

I hate snails so very very much.

I just do it as a hobby on a not too big balcony. Herbs are in small terracotta pots in the kitchen window. Sage, lavender, koriander, etc., about 8-10 usually.

Blackberries and raspberries grow in the wild here. Ate some from the forest here last week. Not much else in the wild.

In Spain wine is for ladies, so if u b a real men, u must drink beer.

>beer as the most consumed alcoholic drink

plebs...

Yeah, we have fucking TONS of blackberry bushes. In fact, we called it "forest" because they are so abundant in planer areas. Raspberies not so much, but I have found a few. I think we once saw wild strawberries, but they aren't very edible if I remember correctly.

We also have a bunch of snails, but I suppose that you'd have a lot more, since it gets very hot here and they don't like it. I know they eat a lot of our stuff too, though, and my grandpa sprays some pesticide of some sort. That and moles. Fucking groundrats. And birds and rabbits. Fucking cunts, the lot of them.

This is why it's never gonna work between us.

spirits? how does one drink soul?

>Moldova
>Guatemala
>Equatorial Guinea

>Pretentious

you obviously have never gotten drunk before parting before

alcohol is for degenerates