Net neutrality

When did you realize that net neutrality is only binding us and Ajit is /ourguy/ trying to set us free?

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2017/7/13/15949920/net-neutrality-killing-small-isps
documents.envisional.com/docs/Envisional-Internet_Usage-Jan2011.pdf
forbes.com/sites/matthickey/2013/05/07/netflix-we-kill-piracy-bittorrent-yeah-so-about-that-piracy-thing/#32c433a76cf5
twitter.com/AnonBabble

When you say 'us' do you mean uncontested ISP monopolies? Please respond.

No, it isn't. No, he isn't.

>Mark Jen, the chief technical officer of a small internet provider in California named Common, which was founded last year by a group of former Square employees, said that complying with net neutrality doesn’t require any work.

>“The default configuration of all of the [networking] equipment is to [follow net neutrality],” Jen says. “While net neutrality sounds like rules and regulations, it’s actually just saying everybody has to run stuff in the default mode, which is as fast as possible and great for everybody.”

>Rudy Rucker, co-founder of another small wireless internet provider in California, named Monkeybrains, said his company hadn’t encountered any difficulties either. “Maybe there’s something I’m missing,” he said, “but it’s not bogging us down.”

>Small ISPs haven’t received the never-ending complaints some have feared.

>Peggy Dolgenos, the co-founder and co-CEO of an ISP named Cruzio that’s located in Santa Cruz, California, said her company has been rapidly improving its equipment. “We’ve been upgrading our infrastructure as fast as we can,” she says. Her company currently has 35 employees and serves about 9,000 customers. “We’ve been investing like crazy. We’re about to invest in a really big local project to install fiber optic cable in our downtown.” She hopes to start offering the new fiber service sometime this fall.

>Many smaller ISPs said they saw net neutrality as an advantage for their business, too. “If you’re looking at what companies will get paid by big providers like Netflix, it’s not smaller ISPs, it’s large ISPs who already have practically a monopoly position,” Dolgenos says. “They’ll just cement their position, and it’ll just crush competition.”

>Over 40 small ISPs wrote their own letter to the FCC last month requesting that net neutrality stay in place.

theverge.com/2017/7/13/15949920/net-neutrality-killing-small-isps

>Ajit Pai

Indian taking tech support scam to the next level.

t. ISP shill

When every far left site started having autistic meltdowns.

Anyone else here not care what happens with net neutrality, you just want to watch the butthurt of whoever loses??

Less than two weeks left until BASED Pai produces liberal tears on a scale we haven't seen since the election. /ourguy/ for sure. Can't wait for PJW to meme about this in his next video!

You have clear ISP monopolies in USA, and this is lifting restrictions from those monopolies. I wonder who is losing here hmmmmmm

I don't even live in the States and it'll probably be reclassified as Title II by the time I return.

I'm a europoor and everybody here was smart enough to regulate ISP natural monopolies. To me it's like healthcare. Just more signs that the political apparatus of the United States is even more owned by corporations than the EU can ever dream to be.

How do you like being cucked OP?

When have you known government changes to make life cheaper? Follow the money. The internet worked fine before.

I don’t know why Comcrap or whoever shouldn’t be allowed to block BT traffic. It has zero legitimate uses, according to numerous reports.

documents.envisional.com/docs/Envisional-Internet_Usage-Jan2011.pdf
>1 out of top 10,000 most popular BTs was found to be legal in any way

forbes.com/sites/matthickey/2013/05/07/netflix-we-kill-piracy-bittorrent-yeah-so-about-that-piracy-thing/#32c433a76cf5
>practically all BT is used for is piracy

And this is coming from someone who has, in fact, been using BT for many years. I downloaded one Linux ISO once, and every single other legal download has always been over HTTP(s). It’s incredibly rare for BT to have legitimate uses.

My god the mods should just ban this topic from here because it gives reason for retards like OP who doesn't give a rats ass about Sup Forums to spam Sup Forums with their trash.

Are you going to post this in every NN thread?
Seriously man if you don't give two shits about this like you say you do just fuck off to somewhere else why don't you.

OP is a paid shill.

Thanks for bumping user!

OP got BTFO in 2 posts, I don't see the problem in bumping this shit so everybody sees it.

I knew it wouldn’t be long before Pai shills would start defending censoring p2p because of muh piracy. Imagine an internet where two people couldn’t even send a file to each other without using a centralized botnet like Dropbox or OneDrive. It’s really sad that this is anyone’s vision of what the internet should be.