Is there any hope for Firefox?

Is there any hope for Firefox?

Other urls found in this thread:

tonsky.me/blog/chrome-intervention/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Maybe if they had improved the browser when Chrome was released instead of waiting 10 years

No. Even if it gets similar or slightly better performance than chrome it is still not worth the hassle to fix.

Firefox would have to have significantly better performance to gain usage.

Firefox died when they abandoned their unique ui and tried to outchrome chrome. People who liked chrome's ui just stuck with chrome, and people who liked the old FF ui went to palemoon. They shot themselves in the foot.

quantum is probably gunna make a significant spike in that graph, we'll have to see

any new stats after quantum?

What is the point of using firefox now? Before quantum it was extensions. People liked what extensions allowed them to do, and even during that times ff share had been declining steadily. Expect opera-tier market share in couple of years.

its speed is on par with chrome, but it doesnt use all ur memory

>the end of the world was at 2012
>chrome surpasses IE
its was true after all

Fire"george soros"fox browser no thank you I dont support human dirt

PM is dead

>t. not a NSA intell shill

sage

and it's not a botnet

bump

>firefox dropped 1% (from 13.5 to 12.5%) usage in desktops since september
sjwzilla was a mistake, it will be over soon

Implying its a problem for NSA to covertly participate in firefox development.

Not as big of a spike as it does on my memory usage graph when opening my mongolian fingerpainting imageboard.

no, even with better perfs Mozilla is more retarded than ever and that won't get better

I'm assuming that graph includes both browser and mobile Chrome under the same line, since Chrome is pre-installed on the majority of Android smart phones out there.

This.
Market share decline doesn't mean fewer people use FF when zillions of tablet and phone use Chrome by default.
ie. Chrome is the new IE.

the hope is that the normies fuck off to chrome/abandoned forks so we can stop trying to pretend that legacy addons were the be all end all while the browser ranked consistently worse in security (which encompasses privacy) and performance with market share dropping like a brick as a result

unused memory is wasted memory

not only that, google is literally the most important/relevant advertising company on the internet, if google can't dominate any tech market it wants to dominate that doesn't require other people to adopt it also (like social media platforms) then they're doing something incredibly wrong
even microsoft managed to revive internet explorer in some aspects and there's no reason to install it on phones like there is for firefox/chrome

>even microsoft managed to revive internet explorer in some aspects
By mandating it into Windows 10, sure. Although I'm still having a laugh parts of Europe tried to sue MS for including their own software in their OS because it gave them a 'monopoly', despite having choice of installing other software freely.

There is absolutely no reason to use Firefox anymore.
I switched to Chrome at work (better development tools) and Vivaldi at home.

literally the RIM of web browsers

Here is desktop stats, ff is 12.46% currently

Wonder how many of these were from the times Flash updates included a Chrome install checkbox'd by default.

I wish Firefox could fix their shitty UI. You can only fit like 20 tabs at a time. There's also these dumb margins on the sides of the browser unless you go fix it via the userChrome.

fuck me, Chrome is the new IE6.

Not as often as from those BROWSE GOOGLE FASTER that google puts in every single one of their sites.

>fuck me, Chrome is the new IE6.
On the upside, at least it isn't IE6 in the "We have to code sites in a special way for it to display proper in IE6" way.

>Chrome is the new IE6.
Except that it's not completely broken and it has the decency to update itself periodically.

>chrome isn't broken, your website is broken
tonsky.me/blog/chrome-intervention/

Yep, it will reach even lower levels with its new toy browser.

I would actually install a Blink based browser if they weren't all bundled with Adobe Flash.
It's not about disabling it, its about keeping the binary out.

Who /Opera/ here?

i switched from firefox to chrome after 10 years . firefox gave me so many problems lately

Just gotta wait for someone to make an extension that allows quick UI changes for us dumbs who don't intricately know every minute detail of the UI.

How many months until utterly every bug or extension has a 57 clone? Some apparently can't be done because the new API simply won't allow that level of control, how is that ever a good thing for browser that is meant to be open source? Why the fuck lock things down like this.

how much these in real numbers

considering I just tested firefox with opening every single thread on I think /e/ then watched a youtube video and the browser shit itself hard, yet i'm on tab number 700 on chrome... ff just cant handle tabs being open and then closed, at least chrome can fucking do that.

>unused memory is wasted memory
Is that a new excuse for making shitty program?