High quality video output profile (goes into mpv.conf):
Stable: profile=opengl-hq
Git: profile=gpu-hq

Configuration Files:
mpv.io/manual/master/#configuration-files
mpv.io/manual/master/#files

Input.conf:
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/etc/input.conf

Post your system specs and config if you're asking performance related questions.

Windows Builds:
sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/darktrojan/openwith/tree/master/webextension/native
github.com/TheAMM/mpv_thumbnail_script
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/63476064/#63523381
my.mixtape.moe/zmdykg.webm
nyaa.si/view/171718
nyaa.si/view/259362
pastebin.com/92q6LTcy
a.uguu.se/LAd417TJLSCx.mp4
sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files/64bit/
github.com/TheAMM/mpv_thumbnail_script#configuration
github.com/TheAMM/mpv_thumbnail_script/releases/tag/0.2.0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ok, so... Who is going to take wm4's leadership?

Nobody, mpv has been declared wild west and now anyone can do pretty much whatever!

>pic
Everything is fire!

Any way to open youtube links from browser (WebExt) in MPV without having to install python?

Did they at least talk about it? Anyone would be fine really.

>Anyone would be fine really.
SirCmpwn offered to take leadership, you really don't want that.

Who's our guy, Jeeb?

On Windings, I assume? Open With does have a PowerShell script as well. Works for me
github.com/darktrojan/openwith/tree/master/webextension/native
To install the script you have to change the execution policy, Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned

>SirCmpwn
Isn't him the sway guy? I heard he has been contributing a lot to wayland's protocol itself. Guy seems to at least have his ideas in the right places. The only problem is that he isn't even an mpv contributor as far as I know and would have trouble getting familiar with the codebase compared to people like haasn.

github.com/TheAMM/mpv_thumbnail_script
Does it not work with mpv-progressbar? Does it work on youtube videos? The other user said he had an idea for youtube videos for his script but didn't elaborate.
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/63476064/#63523381

I had lots of problems with that script. Maybe because I was using hwdec=auto?

Hanna, are you there?
Will libplacebo be opengl/vulkan exclusive? No d3d? No metal?

He has only written Vulkan and started writing OpenGL as far as I know, other rendering methods are supposed to be relatively easy to add though, so porting rossy's d3d11 ra shouldn't be that problematic.

can someone fill me in on why wm4 left the mpv org

Where is she? Is she really playing diablo or was it a Sup Forums lie again?
Is she going to switch to vlc?

Author here.
>Does it not work with mpv-progressbar?
It does not. It replaces the built-in OSC since that makes it foolproof to insert the thumbnails at the right position, at the right time.
I had a glance at mpv-progressbar, but with it being in moonscript and split all around, I didn't immediately find the right place to make my home. (Plus I'd have to add my changes to the compiled .lua and egh)
I'll look into it, though, now that I have confirmation users exist.

>Does it work on youtube videos?
No, currently it only works for local files. Since it has to seek and grab a single frame at multiple times, remote thumbnailing will be very slow and likely prone to breaking, if the URL expires.
I'll add an option for it later (soonish? easy to implement, but I have to idiot proof things).

As far as I know, hwdec should not be a problem, but I have not specifically tried to find problems with hwdec.
Can you elaborate on your experiences?

What's wrong with him, except for being mostly a stranger to mpv? He's doing a good job with other projects imo.

Why was /mpv/ bullying rogoroth?

what is the command option to not open the gui?
trying to hear an audio stream and don't need a window to pop up.
tried searching on the man page but didn't find it

Try --vo=null

no-video

thanks all, easier than i thought.

They weren't! Apparently he stopped his servers so those and his build one shuts at the end of the month with them and doesn't want to duck with linux no more, I'm guessing with wm4 quitting he decided to quit earlier than expected.

He kept his shit up though, anyone can use the nsis scripts even if to only put shinchiro or lachsor builds in to normie friendly installers. I'm kinda tempted but also lazy.

Is hwdec=vaapi still working with mesa for amd?

But I like sway, and I'm using it right now.

>thatdumbfuck
>doing anything for windows
doubt
It's on the op

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Ditto.
I was able to import my i3 .config too!
It really is the best of both worlds

1.the isolated graphical stack (preventing xorg process spying) and also the tear-less compositor
2.the minimal aspect of Sway over other wayland compositors.

It's going to be even better once the wlroots port is completed too. More people around here should try it.

Because Haasn ruined everything.

Do you have any plans for the appearance? I think it would look a bit cleaner having it float above the filename/title instead of covering it, and giving it a transparent border matching the OSC.

;-;

Maybe possibly.
I'd do it as options in the config, but remember I'm supporting all the layouts. Any ideas for the rest?

>hanna on videolan
>nnedi3 is gigantic meme
>use RAVU
Does she know ravu doesn't work on vlc?

Right now it's hardly usable though, performance is terrible.

This is how it looks while loading the thumbnails.
this is geometry=1280x720 and hwdec=no

Will you shut the fuck up with that stupid haasn/vlc meme?

It's not a meme, it's REAL!

and this is the output
[mpv_thumbnail_script_server]
[mpv_thumbnail_script_server] stack traceback:
[mpv_thumbnail_script_server] .../portable_config/scripts/mpv_thumbnail_script_server.lua:738: in function 'handler'
[mpv_thumbnail_script_server] mp.defaults:339: in function 'handler'
[mpv_thumbnail_script_server] mp.defaults:458: in function 'call_event_handlers'
[mpv_thumbnail_script_server] mp.defaults:495: in function 'dispatch_events'
[mpv_thumbnail_script_server] mp.defaults:451: in function
[mpv_thumbnail_script_server] [C]: at 0x00a03ff0
[mpv_thumbnail_script_server] [C]: at 0x00a035f0
[mpv_thumbnail_script_server] Lua error: .../portable_config/scripts/mpv_thumbnail_script_server.lua:722: attempt to perform arithmetic on a string value

What the wlroots branch? That's because it's not done being ported.

Top bar, bottom bar and slimbox would all look fine in that style I think. It's kind of hard to make the box layout not look like shit though because of how bulky it is.

No, sway based on wlc. I've tried using it sometimes ago but it's pretty buggy and with bad perfs.

I'm way too comfy with my awesomewm setup. It's perfect for my needs at the moment and I don't feel like switching until I'm forced to use wayland.

How can we bring wm4 back?

How long ago was "sometimes ago?" It's pretty much perfect for me besides having to set the capslock in cli.

It's been a while since I tried it I admit, but I remember firefox was buggy with basic popups appearing all over the place. My biggest beef is that mpv's wayland backend is incomplete (in particular interpolation), but that's not really something you can blame on sway I guess.

Can you post your mpv --version and configuration, if you've got one?
The big font may be from you changing the OSC font size (or font or something) - I thought I took that into account, but apparently did not.

The server error is in part my fault, I'm multiplying a string with a number.
However, that's happening because a generated thumbnail was missing some data. (Why pad them? mpv on linux crashes if it doesn't get the expected amount of bytes, Windows throws an error)
It's tell of a failed encode command, so that requires some more looking into, hence the config and mpv date.

you should stop avatar posting

You should start contributing

>implying I don't

Anyone else replicate this?

my.mixtape.moe/zmdykg.webm

>open file with ordered chapters
>skip to middle of file
>change audio track
>audio track is silent until seeking again
>when you change audio tracks the cache line in the osc goes all fucky and looks like it's in the wrong place

Switching track in the OP the audio is fine, in the main part of the episode is when it breaks. Some episodes don't have the OP so the main part of the episode is the "first chapter" and the problem still occurs.

Who is this new mpv maestro aka jeeb?

He's the CCCP guy.

Really?

If you give me the files for episode one and the op/eding I can look into it and see if I can.

Any of these episodes
nyaa.si/view/171718
nyaa.si/view/259362

Hanna's back on #mpv!

I compiled it today myself from Shinchiro repo using WSL on Windows10.

mpv 0.27.0-516-ga60c16a6c1 (C) 2000-2017 mpv/MPlayer/mplayer2 projects
built on Tue Dec 5 17:44:13 STD 2017
ffmpeg library versions:
libavutil 56.4.100
libavcodec 58.6.102
libavformat 58.2.103
libswscale 5.0.101
libavfilter 7.5.100
libswresample 3.0.101
ffmpeg version: git-2017-11-30-5a366f97

Is it worth switching over to mpv if I've been using vanilla MPC-HC for the last few years? Not to start a debate or anything, I just want to know if this is something I should look into and why?

(Preferably something more concrete than hearing development has ceased for mpchc and I should stop using something >outdated

Also I actually applied this patch to the OSC to get the chapter name while hovering
pastebin.com/92q6LTcy

Should I use MPV on android?

I can't reproduce it a.uguu.se/LAd417TJLSCx.mp4
mpv 0.27.0-487-g4efe330efb-dirty
Why don't you just like try it?

The config, the config. Are you changing the font or its size?

Neat. Or was that the cause?

>should I switch to the Sup Forumsreatest media player
>

I'm on Linux with pulse, you? Someone said last thread it could be audio module. I used mpv-build could that make a difference with ffmpeg version and things? Did you try with --no-config?
mpv 0.27.0-494-g9513165c99 (C) 2000-2017 mpv/MPlayer/mplayer2 projects
ffmpeg library versions:
libavutil 56.3.100
libavcodec 58.6.102
libavformat 58.2.103
libswscale 5.0.101
libavfilter 7.5.100
libswresample 3.0.101
ffmpeg version: N-89366-g65b5fcfbe2

I am on windows 10, you should just probably open up an issue to be honest

config shouldn't matter I 'm using profile=test that contains
[test]
hwdec=no

I'll try to compile it without that patch.

I'm the user who posted the first WIP thumbnail demo here (not the one who posted the script).
I was also working on my own script, though yours seems to be about on par with mine, so I'll probably keep it to myself.

I have a few features on mine that aren't on yours, that you might want to look into.
On mine, rather than simple having 1 client and server as they're called in your scripts, I have the "core" script and 1 or more "worker" scripts. Workers register themselves with the core on startup, and the core delegates the idle ones work. This allows faster thumbnail generation since it's basically multi-threading the thumbnail generation.

I also don't really like including the whole OSC with your scripts, the way I was going to do it was read from the OSC options (any script can read any other script's options), and recreate a "virtual" OSC using those. You should have enough information from the options to get the exact location of the seek bar.
The only issue with this is it won't adapt if the user clicks something that changes the OSC, like the timers to change them from seconds to ms. I tried messing around with intercepting click events and forwarding them back to the OSC using add_forced_key_binding and mouse/keypress/down/up to resend the event, but it was very glitchy and I never got it working exactly how I wanted.

I'm also using the LuaJIT ffi module as the primary way to get thumbnail data, since it allows you to pull it out of memory rather than disk. I have a fallback to disk if it can't be loaded though.
You can detect if it's present like this:
-- Checking if we can load the ffi module, this requires that mpv was built with LuaJIT
local ffi
if option.internal.use_ffi then
local status
status, ffi = pcall(require, "ffi")
if not status and ffi then
debug("Couldn't load ffi module, not compiled with LuaJIT? Falling back to on-disk loading")
option.internal.use_ffi = false
else
debug("Loaded ffi module")
end
end

Just post the full config, man.
If you're certain it does not matter then feel free to debug it yourself, I'm out

The built-in OSC is disabled by the thumbnail OSC. It displays a message about it and everything if you don't have osc=no in your configuration. The patch doesn't do anything, unless you haphazardly applied it to the patched_osc.lua.

border=no
geometry=1280x720+0-264
video-sync=display-resample
vd-lavc-skiploopfilter=bidir
keep-open
volume=60

alang=jpn,en
slang=jpn,eng

hwdec=auto

forgot this
gpu-context=d3d11
gpu-api=d3d11

>"worker" scripts
This I may look into. I had thought about it before, but wanted to finish the script before going wild. Hmm... Imagine the master script generating slaves based on an option.

>it won't adapt if the user clicks something that changes the OSC
Which is why I went with the full OSC. It's less effort, and to the user a file's a file - it reads the osc.conf like the built-in and acts like the original, like I said in the previous thread. Many tell me they don't like the OSC inclusion, but I haven't heard arguments *why* it's that bad a thing.

>LuaJIT ffi
I don't like dependencies (although it's not really a "dependency", but, you get it). It's certainly neat, but I remember you had to do tricks to hold the memory. I may look into it later, but disk access does not seem to be a problem on my machines, so I didn't go for the memory effort.

Cheers, tho. Remember, competition is healthy, and anyone who doesn't release all their code is a massive cucktardfaggotsatan. So Sup Forums tells me.

I legit don't know how to configure mpc-hc and madvr. the interface is confusing as fuck and there's no explanations for what any of the options do. Also, the interface for mpc-hc is ugly as fuck and looks like something from 2002.

I'll stick with mpv until I die.

>Many tell me they don't like the OSC inclusion, but I haven't heard arguments *why* it's that bad a thing.
If the main mpv OSC updates, you have to update YOUR script to include it, and people have to re-download it to get it.

There's also the problem with OSC and mpv version being out of sync, if somebody is using a newer or older version of mpv, the OSC in your script might not even work anymore.

It would help if could git bisect it but ffmpeg-mpv fucked everything up and I can't build old versions. I think I could clone the main mpv repo and build it against the ffmpeg from mpv-build or something but I'm too noob to figure it out.

>ffmpeg-mpv
I believe they removed it yesterday

That doesn't help much if I'm trying to build a version from a two weeks ago though.

I know. However:
The OSC does not update that quickly, and rarely with breaking changes (as in, my generated file would not work as a OSC for some reason anymore).
( ^)
I'm not modifying anything in the OSC logic itself, and I've cleanly separated my additions, which are only additions. I haven't looked into it, but I'm semi-certain that I could even automate merging upstream changes to the osc.
Sadly, my concat tool doesn't do in-file replacements yet, but this shit can be automated. Worst-case, a dutiful peer submits a PR which updates the patched OSC to match the mpv repo.

I also don't update my mpv that often. If you people have daily cronjobs for rebuilding your mpv, yes, shit can break, but I go with the same mpv and same builtin OSC for months time.

tldr; I don't think it's a problem nor too much of a bother.

this is latest version from Shinchiro sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files/64bit/

no config file, just your 2 lua files inside scripts folder looks like this

Still nothing to beat NGU Sharp + RCA?

SSD + SSSR + FSRCNNX + Ravu 3x

Enjoy your slow and ugly shit...

HIV + AIDS

ok kuchicuck

after generating all the thumbs it looks good, so I don't know why that font is so big

Default font size is much bigger. I'll have it fixed soon, when I have the network thumbs fixd

I think completely removing the progress text is better

ok, thanks. BTW in which folder are thumbs stored?

How to disable all scaling on native video? as in 1080p video on 1080p screen.

>How to disable all scaling on native video? as in 1080p video on 1080p screen.
That's enabled by default

Yeah just realized that cscale isn't affected by this which is why I was confused. Thanks anyway.

I don't. The user has to know when the thumbnails are done, and it also tells that they're currently previewing with inaccurate thumbnails.
Read the README. github.com/TheAMM/mpv_thumbnail_script#configuration

>Chroma subsampling is the practice of encoding images by implementing less resolution for chroma information than for luma information, taking advantage of the human visual system's lower acuity for color differences than for luminance.

is there a way to seek to key frames? I guess with that all these thumbnail generators would actually make sense.

hr-seek=no

New release for thumbnails, now with youtube et al, remember to adjust config
github.com/TheAMM/mpv_thumbnail_script/releases/tag/0.2.0

Font fixed
Youtubes here

Does mpv have the ability to automatically change the icc profile it uses when you drag the window from monitor 1 to monitor 2?

thanks. Now it seeks faster but still doesn't actually go to the frame is shown on the thumb.