Root

>root

Other urls found in this thread:

support.apple.com/kb/PH25633?locale=en_US#mchlp02d9935
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Since 2011

Must be in possession of the Mac and logged in.
Hardly a remote exploit, or even a drive-by.
If somebody has possession of your PC it's no longer your PC.

You forgot the first one.
Must be dumb enough not to change the blank root password for your own.

Crisis avoided.

>root

>changed my root password
why would you leave root unchanged

Let's remind these dumb Apple cunts they don't belong here. Go away you tech illiterate niggers

MACTODDLERS BTFO

>remote access means being in possession of it

Mactoddlerism.

>Must be dumb enough not to change the blank root password for your own.
>mac users
Pick one.

>mfw my mouse has 18 fully programmable buttons and I use literally every single one of them every day

lmao even then Applel pandered to braindead retards.

>Must be in possession of the Mac and logged in.
Hardly a remote exploit, or even a drive-by.

you didnt even have to be logged in retard, just pick guest user and you'd still be able to get root access

>sets root pw
pshh nothin personnel kid

>t. mactoddler

Mactoddlers will defend this.

Jesus christ, wtf

>Oops, your files have been encrypted!

So now that mac security is non-existent how easy would it be to inject wannacrypt onto macs over wifi?

MACTODDLERS BTFO

>still jerking off to a root "exploit" that requires physical access
is nu-Sup Forums seriously full of this many dumb toddlers that don't know what single-user mode is? getting root on any Unix/Linux system without a protected bootloader is fucking trivial.

this dude is sweating with anger just thinking of people who use apple products

Mactoddlers have defended this.

I don’t have this problem on my 2015 MacBook Pro. I always set my root password.

Amazing

Works with apple remote desktop.
It's a remote exploit.

there's literally nothing wrong with owning an apple product, just post it on /fa/ or /lgbt/, not Sup Forums

>resetpassword
Mac y u so easy ?

it's gone remote now lmao

If you didn't have screen sharing enabled to begin with, this wouldn't be possible.

Why can't apple just be like various GNU/Linux distros and disable the root account automatically and use your own login password for temporary root access

t. lincucks
And let's not even go in details about how many of you are probably vulnerable to the latest exploits because of linux fragmentation your distro is probably still running a vulnerable kernel.
Meanwhile I'm on macOS 10.12 and just fine and still getting updates and will most likely update to 10.13 if they sort their shit out.

> on the login screen
That is factually wrong.

>Grub rescue is a login screen

What the fuck? Grub rescue is a feature, not a security vulnerability. That's like saying plugging in a USB and booting into that to modify the OS without a password is somehow a leet hak.

Btw, on Lincucks kernel 4.14.

Does mac users even know what root is?
nope.PNG
They use it because it's fancy

>Grub is linux
Is this the limited intelligence of the macfag I keep hearing about?

you fucking idiot. no wonder you're a fucking macfag.

wow!
lookAtME.mp4
SoS.M.A.R.T.exe
running a unix mod.
apple is turning bad since the star died. But woschniak(how I remember spelling it) did all the good parts.

*nix is the future.

>linuxcucks getting this mad
guaranteed replies
btw, a linux distro may work with other bootloaders but that doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of them ship with it :^)

>Moving the goalposts
This is the intellect of the macfag, damn

>doesn't have an argument
b-but muh goalposts!!
The ABSOLUTE state of the lincuck

Damn macfag, your shitpost sure proved me wrong.

but user, my root user has a password

Good for you. 99% of macfags don't even know this exists making this such a serious security vulnerability now that it's beeb proven to work remotely.

All somebody has to do is setup a fake wifi AP labeled "free wifi" and macfags will rush to it like flies on shit.

every macfag on Sup Forums has their root password set, how is this supposed to be a burn? why would I care about what other macfags do on their pc?

source?

I didn't know about it before I switched to a windows laptop.

Anyway I'm just saying this is a bigger problem than it looks especially since a lot of mac users are refusing to update due to gimpgate on iPhones.

Apple should just can their entire computer lineup and just spend more money on advertising iPhones to children. That's where the real money is at for them.

>refuse to upgrade
if they refused to upgrade to high sierra, there wasn't a vulnerability in the first place. if you talk about the security patch, that's been automatically (force) pushed to all high sierra macs, since it was a big security issue. it didn't even require a restart to install.

There was a subsequent "update" that undid that.

Bravo apple.

>subsequent
That was an older update. 10.13.1 was released well before the root patch. If you didn't take the 10.13.1 update, took the root patch, and then took the 10.13.1 update, it would undo it (obviously) and you'd have to take the root patch again.

your usual fucktard here wtf is this mac os root shit is about?

Mac OS truly is the most advanced, secure, and innovative OS.

Correct.

No. That was not subsequent. 10.13.1 came out before the security patch. If you held out on installing that update and updated to 10.13.1 after the security patch was applied, the os would tell you to reinstall the security patch. If 10.13.1 came out after the patch, it would have had the patch in it.

That's embarrassing. Can apple do anything right?

>That's embarrassing
How? That what you said was bait repeating what some ignorant Sup Forums posters have been spouting out the last week? Because if you read my post, you would have understood that the update came out a month before the patch. And if you did update after the patch, the OS tells you to install it again.

Your post had nothing to do with his reply. macOS does have file merging capabilities. In order to merge you have to do copy your folder to the other location with the already existing folder with the same name. It will pop up to merge if the files in both locations are unique. If they aren't, so you want the ones that aren't to be replaced by the new ones, it'll ask you to replace said files, instead of merge, which is a more accurate description of what it prompts to do.
support.apple.com/kb/PH25633?locale=en_US#mchlp02d9935

Meant for