Dual cameras

>dual cameras
>AR games
>FaceRaiders (basically FaceID Beta)
>wireless charging cradle
>2011
Was the Nintendo 3DS, dare I say it, ahead of its time?

Outdated graphics since launch

Not wireless like phones today, it's just a dock

The 3DS is a mid 2013 smartphone

Like almost all other Nintendo handhelds: kinda low specs but everything else top notch. But i gotta say that the original 3DS model is shit. Also 3D only really works on the newer models

6 years was too long for the 3ds
Nintendo should have updated or replaced it after a few years

Although installing custom firmware and downloading any game for free is nice.

>But i gotta say that the original 3DS model is shit
terrible 3D viewing angles but god-tier durability. mine still works like brand new

No, the Vita is a mid 2011 smartphone, the 3DS is a mid 2008 smartphone.

>240p
>screen lottery

Don't forget that sometimes you can get a half-IPS half-TN frankenstein

what

Some have one IPS screen and one TN screen

50/50 for TN top screen
50/50 for TN bottom screen

idk, was it?

Good god why? I'm glad I have a n3DS XL with 2 IPS. At first I thought you were meaning that half of the 3D screen was TN and the other was IPS.

I had a bunch of questions lined up.

Stop making shit threads

we have one of those
luckily the top screen is IPS

Got anymore of those?

>400x240 resolution
>They released an "XL" version but it just makes the screen bigger and keeps resolution the same

Woops that was DS, here's the 3DS
(Could you even tell?)

The Vita was a much more over engineered piece of hardware

>OLED screen
>Cellular capability
>Dual analog sticks
>Dual cameras
>Touch screen and touch back
>Built in TV out that was never used
>More reasonable graphics

But Sony doesn't know what to do with great products.

This almost looks like it could be a wiiu or switch game

It will be when the Switch version of Pokemon comes out.

>worthless gimmicks that don't actually make games more fun
yep, I'd say so

There are a lot of games running at low resolution that actually have decent texture resolution. Look at upscaled PS2 games, quite a few of them look fantastic compared to the originals.

>Ultra Sun/Moon Plus
Anything but that.

$40. Pay up, stupid gaijin.

Probably not.
The level textures etc are quite bad for that.

But the pokemon models are clearly made with the next generation in mind, at a point 3DS gets quite a beating of em.

vita 1000 had that mystery port that still doesn't have a purpose
can't be much more "ahead of its time" than that

Outdated gimmicky piece of shit

I can never get the 3d to work for my eyes
It just makes me dizzy, feels bad

The fact that the pixelated mess on the first panel is actually a detailed model is amazing, especially if that was on the original DS hardware
Also what game? Reverse image is shitting me today...

Well fuck me, there literally was an idolmaster game for the original DS.

twsnt

The NAND chip also varies.

It had a lot of flaws, but overall was an extremely comfy piece of hardware. Installing homebrew on all my friends' 3DSs was surprisingly fun. I hope that someday there is a way to run entirely free software on them. Same for the Switch.

God the 2000 was a joke.
>lets go back to IPS guys!
God damn ridiculous. Only benefit was going to a standard charging cable.

>entirely free software
what do you mean? you can already compile your own free software and run it on the 3ds. you can actually do it on switch too but the libraries are still very incomplete so it's kinda pointless.

>get my 3DS in 2011 or early 2012
>play Face Raiders and Ocarina of Time
>get blown away by the 3D in OoT, have way more fun that I had any right to with shooting faces flying around my room
Seriously the AR was surprisingly fun and well done, despite being displayed on such a shitty screen and being powered by those potato cameras

>anno domini 2017
>games are basically all 2D
>I don't know of any big title that used AR in any meaningful way
>it's basically a DS Lite but with slightly better rendering and a joystick, bigger screens if you were a cuck and bought one of the XL versions, and no gameboy port

>comparing two different resolutions by enlarging the smaller one
No shit it'll look like ass.

The DS and 3DS use high-resolution models scaled down to fit their laughably small screens. Playing them on an emulator is likely how the developers saw the game.

the entire 3ds library need to be ported to the Switch right fucking now, god fucking damnit

no burn in + lighter and smaller form factor? It's better in every way you dumb asshole

no

No,this was.

Having only ever owned DSes (first Lite, then first model 3DS) I don't really understand this type of handhelds
>stick it into pocket
>all the buttons get pressed randomly
Wouldn't they get jammed all the time, wear out really fast, get a shitton of dust and grime in them, and all of the above but even worse for any joystick type thingies?
Do these types of handhelds have super-rugged buttons, or are you only meant to carry them in bags?

>stick it into pocket

I carry mine in
>pic related
Never had any problems carrying it around.

Ah that makes more sense.

A DS fits into a jeans pocket just fine and the clamshell design means I never worry about damaging it

It had Internet Radio Player,Remote Play to PS3,Skype,RSS,Music Unlimited services and PSN
Also it could use a camera,download files directly from the web,video and music playback.

>in 2007-8

it looks like ass on the 3ds screen too

This enrages me. Game Freak actually used huge ass models for everything in 3DS games.

This means they can go a couple of generations without having to make new models, but also means that the Pokémon games in 3DS will run at 15~25 FPS max and that maps must be very, very tiny or the console won't be able to handle it.

>Kid Icarus Uprising on switch
Yes pls

>a Micro SD card is necessary to save games, even though the original GameBoy could already save them into the cartridge back in 1991
>most games require updates in the hundreds of MB, so a 4 GB card is actually too low
>proprietary MicroSD cards that cost 4 times more than regular MicroSD cards and are actually half as fast as those in similar price ranges
>no retrocompatibility when the PSP was gaining momentum in Japan
>almost no catalogue at launch
>the only bundles available had awful, buggy games (Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed) and only 4 GB MicroSD cards
>the back touchscreen is barely used and doesn't work 50 % of the time
>thumbsticks are too small
>the console plus a game and a MicroSD card was 350 $ for the WiFi model, and 400 $ for the 3G model. While the 3DS was 150 $, came with an (unnecessary) 4 GB SD Card and plenty of bundles were available. Plus Ocarina of Time and Mario 3D Land
Sony fucked up big time. They should have made it cheaper (just by sticking regular MicroSD cards they would have reduced the price by 50 $ or more) and enforced quality control for their release titles.
I swear those damned proprietary SD cards were the Vita's downfall.

i'm getting one to put bs9 now that nintendo isnt going to update it anymore.

don't think i'm ever going to want a switch.
might get a wii u in 10 years idk

I'd say there's more concern in a DS's hinge failing than a PSP's controls failing

What?

I'll happily take the burn in and additional weight for the better screen and more aesthetic handheld. Plus I don't have to deal with micro USB.

Thank god SD2Vita adapters exist now, there's no way I was going to pay $100 for 64GB

>burn in
>better screen
pick one. And I didn't even mention the terrible yellow whites and splotchy blacks

>handheld gaming device with no phone
>ahead of its time
Pick one

Say what you want, I love the screen. And isn't burn in more of an issue on things that have a persistent UI like a taskbar? That's not as much of an issue with a console unless you only play the same game all the time

It isn't a better screen though. OLED is a fucking scam and first-gen Vitas will all be unusable within the next couple of years as the blues burn out - something which is utterly certain and unavoidable, due to the way the technology works. Not to mention that it only looks """""good""""" in the first place if you love massively-oversaturated colours.

If I ever bought a Vita, I'd be buying the one with a screen that isn't a ticking timebomb.

>OLED is a fucking scam
Nah
>and first-gen Vitas will all be unusable within the next couple of years as the blues burn out
Of course, it's worth it while it lasts though.
>Not to mention that it only looks """""good""""" in the first place if you love massively-oversaturated colours
I do, the first thing I did when I went from a phone with an AMOLED display to a phone with an IPS one was crank the saturation. It still looked like shit compared to the AMOLED display.

One major flaw the O3DS has is pic related.
Except for that it's cool

>the first thing I did when I went from a phone with an AMOLED display to a phone with an IPS one was crank the saturation

Literally copied the hitachi and sharp phones from the same era.

Looks better than it did