Sup Forums what am I doing wrong here?

Other urls found in this thread:

w3schools.com/sql/sql_foreignkey.asp
lmgtfy.com/?q=microsoft access foreign key syntax
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what aren't you doing wrong?

SQL?

Yeah its SQL on access.

I'm trying to make a foreign key for an assignment and this looks basically the same as the example given in the powerpoint but its not working for some reason that I completely don't understand. Please help.

Check the example carefully and if that does not work then Google is your friend. Likely, someone has already asked how to implement your idea and there are answers.

Another thing: can you do it without writing SQL? Access abstracts much of the hard coding away with menus and such.

>what am I doing wrong here
0. using windows
1. not reading the documentation
2. not searching for the answer on the web
3. not posting this in the stupid question thread

could I just get a straight answer pls? I'll delete thread immediatly after if I get it.

w3schools.com/sql/sql_foreignkey.asp

It still doesn't work

>1. not reading the documentation
>2. not searching for the answer on the web
lmgtfy.com/?q=microsoft access foreign key syntax

The only link I understood was the w3school and it still didnt help me

bump

bump

bump

I changed the name of the query from primary in case if that was what was causing the trouble and now this happened. What do?

Shit here is pic

This isn't your tech support board you thick-headed faggot. Go ask on StackOverflow.

install gentoo

Being forced to use access by your faggot professor

Have you tried actually clicking "run" instead of double-clicking the query itself?

>the name of the query

I highly suggest you get a tutor or actually take the time to learn what you're doing instead of copy/pasting your professor's boilerplate. It's very clear from your posts that you have no idea what you're doing or how SQL works.

I found the answer to your problem in 10 minutes and 2 goolag searches. I'm not going to post it because, quite frankly you shouldn't pass whatever class this is, and if you do I'm just going to have to deal with your bullshit in the real world instead of on an anonymous image board.

kys

Don't you need to write VALUES before the parentheses? (note: table already created in my example)

Obviously I'm clicking run the "Query support unavailable" pops up when I click run.

yeah

How is that obvious you faggot? I'm trying to help you. Sometimes if you double-click it'll say some dumb shit similar to that.

Ok thats fine but if your point is for me and this thread to go away the more efficient method would be to tell me the answer. I'm majoring in biology not cs, so you're not gonna deal with me irl, I just took a half semester course on this stuff because I needed to increase credits.

Fuck off

Your problem is fucking obvious. If you actually paid attention to what you're doing you'd know.

I didnt mean to come off as rude, its jsut what you said was a pretty obvious action. I only single clicked.

no this query is for creating the table. I would add the values in a seperate one, such as pic related.

If its that obvious could you please explain it then?

>i only single clicked.
Was it obvious? Did you actually click this button?

> tell me the answer
I am tempted to give you the solution with no explanation of why it works or what you did wrong.

But I think I'll just hide this thread instead.

yes
k

I'm interested in the answer cause I don't see anything wrong. DM me bro.

Did you click "enable content" or whatever at the top?

>Did you click "enable content" or whatever at the top?

How would you do that?

It should appear as a big bar at the top. Yellow or something, saying "Some content is not available". With a button that says enable content. It's retarded. Access 2016 right?

Oh I know what you're talking about. No those only appear for me off of downloads.

Yeah its really annoying it happens on all of my microsoft office programs too.

bump

Disable foreign key checks

I'm guessing it can tell there's no foreign table. Also I think u need to add Engine=InnoDB after the creation query.

try replacing the line in wuestion with this for me please
INTEGER FOREIGN KEY (surveryID) REFERENCES prime(surveyID)

references primary_survey