Certs

Hey guys I was wondering if I could get some input or advice on jumping into the IT field. Currently studying to get A+ certification and want to tackle Network+ and Security+ after that. I'm hoping to get some sort of entry level job with A+ and just keep going. Do you think it would be wise to get another type of cert after those three. I would like to get an SSCP and hopefully get a CISSP. Any thoughts or suggestions? Microsoft? Cisco? Suicide?

What are you interested in or want to do? SysAdmin, Network Admin, Dev?

There has to be someone who would like to share their thoughts on this. Help a guy out who wants a better life for his family. What do you say?

Network security seems to be a pretty interesting field. I'm not sure if an analyst would require being a Sysadmin as a big plus.

Space. What is it? The simple answer is, we don't know. Or at least, we didn't know until now. Hello, I'm Douglas Reynholm. And I'm not a scientist, but I do have a better understanding of what space is than any scientist living today. Where did I gain these insights? From this man. The founder of Spaceology, Beth Gaga Shaggy, no relation to either Lady Gaga or Shaggy, is the founder of Spaceology. A religion, not a cult. In other words, when it comes to space, he's the man with his head screwed on tight. This is what he told me when I met him on holiday two weeks ago. Space is invisible mind dust and stars are but wishes. I mean, think about that! That means every star you can see in the night sky is a wish that has come true. And they've come true because of something he calls Spacestar Ordering. Spacestar Ordering is based on the twin scientific principles of star maths and wishy thinking. If you'd like to know more, there are thousands of Spaceology centres all over the UK. If that doesn't convince you, well, then, maybe you just don't deserve to get what you want.

Do your CCNA Routing & Switching.

Try to get a job in the field and build experience.

Work on your CCNA Security and later CCNP Routing & Switching and CCNP Security.

Become senior network engineer in your organisation and with enough experience, CCIE and consulting. Profit.

I've thought about that. We have a few guys at work in Routing and Switching with CCNAs. They always suggest to get a specialty. I've looked into getting a CCNA but it seems like getting my network and security+ would really make getting those a lot easier. Perhaps I'm wrong.

I keep researching the CISSP and although I can't realistically qualify for it by all accounts looks like a hard earned and well respected cert to have. Seems pretty lucrative to have it too.

CCNA R&S I see as the basis for so much and will give you a very good grounding for a lot of things.

It really isn't that hard to get. I'd recommend it.

Go for Redhat

Food for thought. I'll look into it. My biggest setback is I'm over 30 and have slightly above average knowledge of computers. I suppose I'm worried about becoming 40 before I can achieve most of this. Am I just worrying too much?

I don't know how much free time you have. But if you have a good background experience in computing. A good effort will get you a CCNA R&S self-study in 3 months.

Well i don't have any real background experience which really screws me, i figure if i try to get the CCNA i would probably need 6 months and buy a bunch of simulations and try to set up a little dipshit network with some spare comps I have laying around.

sweet pic

Here have another. Anyone recommend any magazine subscriptions or publications to help?

>Finnish country girls

CISSP requires 4 or 5 years of experience, depending on your education and certifications. It's NOT the first cert to go for.

CCNA R&S for networking
MCSA Server 2012 for windows
RHCSA/Linux+/LPIC-1 for gnu plus loonix

Yeah I know CISSP has a lot of prerequisites, but I kind of see it like the ultimate goal for me. I have a guy who just got his and he told me it was no walk in the park but that golden cert looks nice hanging up on his wall. Is it also true that nobody really cares about the score as long as you pass? I want to do the best I can and most of the guys in the IT department say nobody gives a shit about it.

this isn't in the same vain (vein? vane?). the one i replied to is so perfect, even though that one's a fat cunt i ignore it because they're naked and having fun outside.

>do you have any Idea how fast we we're going?

Tacking on to this, what's the best way to study for Project+? I'm going to try to knock out it and A+ before enrolling in WGU in an attempt to get a head start.

How about this. With magazines I figure there should be plenty out there for enthusiasts that just cover all sorts of topics, something to help broaden things and somewhat keep me abreast of things going on so far.

Forget virtual sims and shit, what you need is hands on experience.

You really only need 2 computers or 2 laptops to act as 'clients' and just verify what you setup in your lab is actually working.

So much of the CCNA R&S is knowledge of general principles rather than anything vendor specific. Sure you need to know how to use and configure IOS, but nothing insane.

Go and buy the ICND1 & ICND2 Study Guides and read through them.

Now go out and get the following and setup a lab and play with it and get comfortable with it and it will give you enough experience for your CCNA.

Router: Cisco 2611(xm) or 2621(xm)
Switch: Cisco 3550
Serial cards (WIC-1T)
Console cables and crossover serial cables.

On ebay this stuff will set you back $150, tops.

If you have guys at work with these certs, they should be able to help you with questions or you could borrow stuff from work.

Good luck.

does nothing for me, although i appreciate you trying to give me a boner

Thanks for that.
One last try

There you go, that's a good one

that is a good one indeed.

So do you guys find satisfaction with this work if any of you guys are currently in the field?