Lintrash

>install windows10
sound just werks
>install loonix 4.14
headphone output unavailable, no way to get sound through headphone jack
>install loonix 4.12
speaker output unavailable but headphones marked as plugged-in, switching between both works.

WHERE THE FUCK DO I GET HELP ABOUT SUCH AN ISSUE?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/zje00M9w
pastebin.com/FWecpib3
wired.com/2017/06/hack-brief-dangerous-fireball-adware-infects-quarter-billion-pcs/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

did you install the soundcard driver from the included disc?

>can't into basic troubleshooting
>decide to install linux
You got meme'd faggot. Go back to Windows and stay there.

>not wanting to waste your time looking through obscure forums trying to make shit work because you have no money, life, or girlfriend.

Kys

what distro?

doesn't matter, it's a problem with the kernel module, every distro I tried had the issue. I finally found out that it was working with linux 4.12

Can't troubleshoot lunix being a shit.

>sub 100 iq wants to install a distro
fuck off to winshit and stay there

so what's the fix genius? just switching from kernel 4.14 to 4.12 fixes output to headphones (pic related). the jack detection doesn't work but at least switching output with pavucontrol works.

kernel 4.12
pastebin.com/zje00M9w

kernel 4.14 pacmd list-sinks output:
pastebin.com/FWecpib3

if
it
works
don't
fix
it

fucks sake

>missing icon files
Here's a very wild guess: you fucked up with your installation somewhere along the line and audio isn't your only problem.

I don't care about the icons, it's a minimal void linux install, I'm asking about fixing the fucking audio you mong.

I can't. Everytime I think "fuck it let's switch to linux I'm tired of this shit" the amount of time it takes me to actually get tired of said shit, proportionally, is much shorter on linux.

It has nothing to do with Linux and everything to do with how Void is a shitty distro.
How do I know this? Because there are a lot of distros that will not show this erratical behaviour even with the kernels you specified. openSUSE for example. Everything just werks.

it's not the distro
>arch
pulseaudio doesn't start
>fedora
same issue
>mint
doesn't boot

it has nothing to do with the distro, I have the same issue on a LFS build.

>mint
>doesn't boot
You must be one heck of a hackerman to make one of the most baby distributions not boot at all. Congratulations.
Again: it's not Linux, it's you.

Guessing by your missing icons you decided to install arch and complain about it.
NOOBS SHOULD USE UBUNTU BASED DISTROS

maybe you have some very old audio card?

>xbps-install adwaita-icon-theme
icons fixed, now fuckoff retard

> Void
You are missing the point.
One cant just use a distro meant for advanced users and then complain that he cant do shit.

are you fucking retarded or just pretending? why is the behaviour between kernel 4.12 and 4.14 different? how do I enable to headphone jack on 4.14, this is not going to be fixed magically by switching to ubuntu

>why is the behaviour between kernel 4.12 and 4.14 different
are you sure that it's because of kernel?

yes, just booting with 4.12 will switch the headphpones to available (as show in pastebin logs and screenshots). I'd lilke to use 4.14 to use the latest networking driver that is currently in staging.

also in 4.12 headphones show as available and speakrs as unavailable but it doesn't matter because output to speakers works even when marked as unavailable.

That's very strange, never had any problems with speakers or headphones on all hardware I used. Well, you can research the issue and tell us what it was after that.

Works on my machine. And my setup is even worse than yours, I use pure ALSA, I have audio mixing and a Pulse compatibility layer.
>I'm retarded so it's linux's fault

is your machine a lenovo tablet with an intel cherrytrail ASOC sound chip, if no you can kindly fuckoff

No, but it does have an USB DAC, and I never installed any driver. My ThinkPad works, too.
>I'm retarded and I have a shitty chinkese tablet with terrible driver support, it's linux's fault

so you admit that you're too retarded to figure out the problem, as it's working with kernel 4.12 but not 4.13 or 4.14. thanks for proving that you're just another retarded tripfag

Gib pape pls. :3

Why don't you just back to Windows and have a working audio?

just tried OpenSuse, doesn't even detect the sound chip. tell me again how much Void is shit.

kernel.org/doc/HTML/v4.14/admin-guide/reporting-bugs.html

because the tablet only has 2GB Ram so fuck windows

>Arch is a meme
>Fedora is alpha testing ground for Red hat and is buggy as fuck
>Mint always works and is retard proof (or until you)
>Opensuse not even trying the best distro out there

Looks like you fucked up twice OP.

and here is the latest Mint, broken graphics driver, no sound, no networking. one more thread that proved how Sup Forums lintards are useless hacks and their only defense is blaming the user when something is broken.

see and try again with your shitty meme distros.

the fact that you cannot even get Mint to Boot makes all the points you make invalid

see now fuckoff you mong

Don't blame us for your incompetence

Use KDE, it has an advanced audio manager

nice trolling retard, you probably can't even compile a kernel.

I can get audio working though and boot mint

Even if on the off chance that it's Linux's fault (it's not), you acting like a smug faggot isn't really making me want to help you. If you're so smart that you know it's the kernel and not your retardation, go fix it yourself.

how is it my fault that between kernel 4.14 and 4.12 it goes from:

ports:
[Out] Headphone: Headphones (priority 100, latency offset 0 usec, available: no)
properties:

[Out] Speaker: Speaker (priority 100, latency offset 0 usec, available: unknown)

to

ports:
[Out] Headphone: Headphones (priority 100, latency offset 0 usec, available: yes)
properties:

[Out] Speaker: Speaker (priority 100, latency offset 0 usec, available: no)
properties:

once more you act like you know shit but you don't and just blame me because you have no idea what the problem is.

I literally told you what the problem is: your tablet is a piece of chinese shit without driver support (probably it does have support but you're too retarded to install drivers) and its owner has a bad case of autism, and blames linux for both problems

git gud fag

This. I havent got time for linux anymore

>thinly veiled tech support thread
fuck off op

Well let's see here,

1. You started with void Linux for whatever fucking reason instead Ubuntu.
2. You can't even boot Mint
3. You're dead set it's the kernel that's the problem and calling anyone who disagrees retarded.

Either your a bumbling retard who majorly fucked up the install, or like implies you're using shitty hardware that needs a new driver or may be unsupported. Don't fucking act like your king shit if you can't even troubleshoot

nice way of not answering the question you fucking mongoloid retard, like I said you don't know shit and all you can say is muh use Ubuntu. seriously kys

and regarding Mint it uses an outdated gpu driver which doesn't work on the tablet, see , Mint doesn't even include the drivers for the audio or network chipset, so no you are the fucking retard.

Say what you want but all my computers run fine with no audio or graphical issues. Guess it sucks to be you, good luck with your autism

like I said you don't know shit, anyone can run linux on a desktop or a thinkpad,

Actually know how to solve this, but won't because you are acting like a Child.

Perhaps the Arch forum is more to your liking.

>Actually know how to solve this
yes of course you know...

put it in trash if its a creative card. those are fully proprietary and do not work properly on linux

But what about getting everything to work? You clearly just proved that not everyone can do that.

>switch to linux mid 2012
>get fit
>never look back
videogames are for children anyways

Oh and forgot to mention. My dell prebuilt works fucking great with GNU/Linux.
Keep on delidding your CPUs and comparing muh GPU fps kek.

>Idiots using sophisticated software
Please, stop. You don't belong on our elitist club.

>being this much of a waste of space
I got everything to work, including wireless adapter that's in kernel staging on 4.12, my question was how to get it to work in the same way on 4.14 and nobody in this thread was even able to give a single hint on the issue. All I got was personal attacks, install ubuntu or some other shit tier distro. like I said any retard can install linux on a device that has been fully supported for years. kys already

GNU/Linux

pajeet btfo
wired.com/2017/06/hack-brief-dangerous-fireball-adware-infects-quarter-billion-pcs/

Consider posting at the /fglt/ or the /sqt/ because otherwise it's hard to tell if you're serious or if you're making up things for the sake of trolling. Be nice and provide relevant info about your hardware, those pastebins will help a lot but you need to change your attitude if you want for someone to actually help you in a meaningful way, otherwise you'll be mocked by most people. If there's a bug already filled upstream please provide the link otherwise it would be good for you to fill one.

Just write your own driver in assembly if there is no good one available you pussy, this is Linux 101, I am willing to bet 95% of Sup Forums can write their own drivers.

You're a fucking retard wintoddler, no one expected to you to understand how to use Linux

>blaming the user when something is broken
>wanting an operating system to hold your hand

I'll chime in with everyone else, go back to windows faggot

like I would get any insightful help on Sup Forums, like this thread proved this board only has freetards that have no clue. the only advice I got was to use mint/ubuntu/opensuse which are completely broken on my tablet. wow so impressive Sup Forumsuys.

Like I said it works fine on Void with kernel 4.12 including touchscreen after a few tweaks to handle screen rotation (the tablet default display is portrait instead of landscape). I'm currently recompiling the kernel to get the network drivers for the rtl8723bs (for some reason Void doesn't include this staging driver in their kernel).

My question was simple, why the behaviour change of the audio between kernel 4.12 and 4.13-4.14 and how to fix it. userland stays the same, nothing changes except the kernel but retards are so clueless that they can't even understand such a simple concept.

>coming to Sup Forums for any sort of technology question
>nobody responds to OP's retardation with anything other than retardation
>OP is surprised
wow, dumb is getting dumber i guess

werks on my machine [:

member when Pulseaudio and systemd weren't a thing and actions like connecting an audio device were simple and always worked?

I member.

>Everything just werks.

openPEPE has media codecs and the process of installing them is clusterfuck where you have to ad some shitty third party repository and make a vendor change so you intentionally break things to make your garbage work and even then things may actually not work.

You are not fooling anyone, loonix is a fucking joke as a desktop os.

Dunno mate. I recently got myself a new desktop after a decade of using a laptop and I gotta be honest the experience of using pulseaudio in 2017 to get audio working was pretty much the memed "just works".

I didn't even reinstall the system, just swapped the hard drive to the new machine, plugged in the displayport monitor and selected the "digital stereo output (HDMI) + analog input" in pavucontrol.

Like fuck me we're talking about linux and not so far ago getting HDMI/DP used to be harder on windows few years ago.