Windows is a service

>windows is a service

RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/05/an-nsa-derived-ransomware-worm-is-shutting-down-computers-worldwide/
github.com/Nummer/Destroy-Windows-10-Spying
oo-software.com/en/shutup10
safer-networking.org/spybot-anti-beacon/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Install libre GNU/Linux

>gettingncucked by your own computer

>disable automatic downloading of updates
>take ownership of the notification executables and deny execute permissions
>letting your OS cuck you after choosing to use it

I want to jump on the freenigger wagon, but it's still a bigger pain than Windows.

>Updates
:^)

Is this real or photoshop?

You don't want updates? What do you want. An outdated, unsecure system? Wtf? I love my updates

The Apple Macbook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

The only reason why companies want to push 'services' is because they want a recurring way of charging their customers; it's how they make the most money for the longest period of time.

Why release something great now if you'll just end up competing with yourself later? Much better to just string along your audience throughout the entire fiscal year and onto the next one and the one after that. Remember, the point of capitalism is not to make great product or to earn a fair return on your labor; it's to make as much money as possible with no upper bounds. Anyone who has taken business related courses will tell you this is what they are taught.

I want control of my operating system.

It's real, Windows' writing has gotten really silly since windows 8.

You guys know there are apps to disable updates entirely in a few clicks, right?

One of them is FOSS, and another is made by an official Microsoft Partner.

That doesn't manipulative practices.

You doesn't speak English good.

excuse*

He seems to be suffering from 'forgetting entire words syndrome'.
I know a pretty good cure.

GO SLEEP BEFORE POSTING MORE

He's right, I'm out.
Night y'all

I'm going to go buy one today!

>being on Sup Forums and using Windows 10 and/or defending the obnoxious SaaS shit they're doing

lol

Calling windows a service is just one step closer to releasing the source code for windows

Windows 7 doesn't have this problem.

>run services.msc
>disable windows update
>????
>Profit!!

sauce?

Enjoy your WannaCry.

Yes, goy, security patches are an evil tool of the patriarchy!

BE FREE
CVE

BE FREE
CVE

Call me a liar if you want but i swear this is true and happened around one week ago.
>Friend buys a laptop with reasonably good hardware, at least much better hardware than my old sandy bridge i5 laptop that works snappy with W7 and KDE Neon.
>Whines about it being slow as molasses and ask me to check it.
>Shows him that windows services are using very high amounts of CPU and that the hard drive is being constantly working at it's maximum capacity.
>I tell him he needs to wait for windows to finish updating because you cannot control this easily at least on the home versions of windows 10.
>but user, i have work to do on my computer i cannot wait.
>Decide to stop and disable the windows update service.
>Works fine for a few minutes and suddenly the computer restarts itself with no warning.
>What are you doing user!? give it back to me, you're going to mess it with your experiments and i'll not be able to take it back to the store!
>When it restarts the service is enabled again.
Honestly i don't know what was microsoft thinking. They're just taking advantage of the average joe that cannot defend itself to push their crap on everyone.

>apps

If you're dumb enough to download and run random .exe files then you deserved to get ransomware.
>b-but network infection
Stop stealing your neighbor's internet and pay for your own, then.

You don't even know how people got infected with WannaCry, right
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/05/an-nsa-derived-ransomware-worm-is-shutting-down-computers-worldwide/

so?

its better than the fragmented shithole that is *nix

by clicking shit in emails
if you click links or attachments from emails you don't know you deserve to be ransomwared

Do you? It's only way of infections are through SMBv1 vulnerability which can easily be blocked or prevented by not connecting to random hotspots, or by opening suspicious links/files.
As long as you're not a retard who clicks all the links in random sites/emails, and doesn't leech bandwidth from neighbor/mcdonalds/starbucks, then there's nothing to worry about even if you don't update.

>apps
Disgusting.

the state of post-windows 10 Sup Forums

>We need your help installing this one :) Would be a shame if you experienced an unscheduled reboot, nudge nudge, wink wink

>We need your help at raping you. :)

>getting mad at windows for improving their OS

>Getting mad at dirt being dirt.

>improving
>IMProving
>improoooving
>implying it hasn't been a downhill descent since windows 7

>tfw LTSB ClassicShell

>theres no cancel button

>touhous

I will never upgrade to W10.

sudo systemctl disable windows.service

Install gentoo

Good night sweet prince

third party malware apps?

just use group policies ffs.

You're coming at this from the wrong direction.

>Remember, the point of capitalism is not to make great product
And there's nothing wrong with that. Plenty of people have plenty of times where they neither need nor want something great, just something adequate.
>[nor] to earn a fair return on your labor
There's nothing wrong with that either. Get that labor theory of value nonsense out of your head. There's no definition of "fair", labor is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, just like everything else.
>it's to make as much money as possible with no upper bounds
And there's nothing wrong with this, either. If people are willing to give money to you, what would be wrong with taking it?

What's wrong here is that Microsoft is offering people a product that they don't like and that doesn't meet their needs, and then those people whine about it on the internet, but continue paying for it and using it. If you don't like what Microsoft is doing here, stop giving them your money and stop using their product. (since most of the reason they do this as-a-service crap is so they can use ads and data-harvesting to make money from people using windows, regardless of whether, how, or how much they pay for it directly) If you don't like being condescendingly told "We know what's best for you", the solution is not to try reason with the person telling you that, or complain and do nothing about it, it's to tell him to go to hell and that you'll run your own affairs whether he likes it or not.

Buy a Mac or install Linux.

The FOSS one: github.com/Nummer/Destroy-Windows-10-Spying
The Microsoft Partner one (I use this one personally, it feels like a professional utility): oo-software.com/en/shutup10

There's also a third anti-spying app that's compatible with 7/8 as well, though it might not have an option to disable updates: safer-networking.org/spybot-anti-beacon/
These are not random scripts from the Internet.

Home doesn't have Group Policy, and you can't really disable anything on Pro anyways. You have to have Enterprise, and at the point you're probably pirating and might as well go for LTSB.

Just install Linux already!

Friend of mine has windows 10. She's in school and windows update interrupted her work and started a 12 hour long half baked update. Why is this allowed?

>go to /r/windows10
>96,8% of all posts in the last month are either tagged with [BUG], [ISSUE] or [HELP]

Nope, the best you can do is disable automatic downloading and even so, windows will bug you everytime you log in.

If you think that's not even worse on every Linux forum in existence, you're delusional.

If MS wanted to make this friendly to the end user they would make the updates require a click on your part to proceed, install fast and give you and idea how long the patch will take before you commit, and figure out a way to restore all your open programs and websites etc. to the way they were when the update started. If they detect you have unsaved work, ensure you have the choice of saving changes before any update is installed. They can do all of this.

If you use one of the apps from you can disable Windows Update entirely.

No fucking way, that would be much worse because nobody would complain about it.

Way better to keep it annoying so it might change.

>mfw Windows Update reboots but gets stuck at the BIOS password screen for 10 hours until i wake up and manually type it in

Macs. For the brilliant, the inspired. The down-to-business dreamers-up of tomorrow. The high-fliers of the future. There is no alternative. Cut the crap. Anything else is simply wasting time. Wasting precious moments propping up a half-functioning OS. Clunky, convoluted shit-systems. Defunct garbage. Not havin it. Mac OS X, the epitome of computing, setting the standard and raising the bar. Taking things to a whole new level. While nobodypeople hype their dull selves up for building a failure-rig. A gaming loser-station. The mac user is truly a higher tier of person. A refined, intelligent, hyper-creative high-achiever with practical priorities. Unstoppable. Dirty pc peasants fail at life. Nowhere-goers. Stagnant fatasses. Jealous bitchboys. Mac OS X is the supreme, the ultimate, the final perfect choice, Mac OS X.

laughed way harder than I should have

one of the things I miss about using Linux: you never need to restart unless it's something directly related to X.
In Windows they ask

its not even called OS X anymore

You have the argument skills of an alt right. In other words, complete shit.

Completely disabling Windows updates would prevent the system's ability to search for drivers, also you'll miss important security updates. I don't think there's a way to disable "non essential" updates yet.

RESTART NOW.