Kodi thread?

Kodi thread?

What plugins do you Sup Forumsentlemen use?

I just got it myself, and I'm wondering what I should do to get myself set up. Currently running into problems where I have folders shared on my pc, I listed them as a location for tv shows, but it does not index them. However I can access the files outside of the main page.

Other urls found in this thread:

kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I use the application to stream NHL.tv. literally the only reason I use this garbage application is so I can watch my hockey in muh linux

is there a better media player I can use on my amazon fire tv?

Exodus

>I listed them as a location for tv shows, but it does not index them.

Have you named the files correctly?
kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows

Kodi is broken on fire TV right now, use terrerium

oh god... i need to rename my 10 year old media collection?!

>use terrerium
Not him but whats the official currently? I don't want to install a dodgy apk

Can I use Kodi on Android? A full Kodi with plugins, not the remote I ended up downloading

yes just download the apk on their official website

Kodi's on the google store even, it's recommended next to kore which you downloaded instead

Oh I searched for it on fdroid
Isn't it open source? Why isn't it on fdroid?

Only the ones that are not up to standards. There are tools for this.

I mean, you must have ordered them somehow, right?

No idea, fdroid doesn't have a lot of open source shit for some reason even if you enable the extra repo's

I mean, i've been pirating shows for 10 years from all manner of sites.

Setup is mostly Shows > Show Name S# or Show Name and it has its seasons below that. Some are just loose files and stuff.

i only use two addons covenant that scraps movie streaming sites and almost always finds good links (even pretty old movies from the 1950s, 60s, etc...)

and plexus which is not a video addon but a program addon as they call it iirc, i use it to play acestream football streams on linux (acestream player isn't updated for linux)

Dont think many use kodi anymore since the crackdown.

I literally just used it. Whats supposed to be wrong?

What crackdown?

what do people use now?

I just use the Emby addon to connect to my server, that's pretty much it. I don't need anything else to stream from my server.

The plugin repository. About the only thing kodi was good for was live sports.

>they shut down three addons
>five new ones already were made since then

Yeah, Kodi's finished.
Pack it up boys

Unironically Twitch
It's kinda ridiculous that the official Twitch App, which is owned by Amazon, is worse than something a couple of guys made over the course of a weekend

The naming scheme of pirated episodes is usually good enough. Maybe that's not the problem.

Did you try "update databases"?

Not him, but I ended up basically renaming all my shit after repeatedly struggling with libraries and mismatches in Plex, Emby and Kodi. It's too fucking annoying to deal with that shit. It's a fair chunk of work to rename your existing things (find some software to help or make your own script for your own use case), but after that's done it can be easily maintained since you can rename shit in

Oficial Website is down, go to APK mirror

>acestream
ayyyy that's malware honeypot

Quasar to stream torrents. It's like Netflix but free, a lot of stuff, selectable better quality, subtitles and you can choose whether to keep file later. Also a fuck you to the entertainment industry.

I use plex because I'm not a fagoot

Debatable

Quasar for the torrents and covenant for streaming.

Thanks, I didn't know about plexus, I'll have to give it a go.

why not popcorn time ?
serious question, just watched blade runner, it was fine

If movies/tv isn't playing, or you're getting a black screen when you press play, try disabling the Hardware Acceleration in the Video settings.

>tons of legal letters sent recently
>shit selection
>no local media
>no customization
>yifi is dead

and most importantly
>normie af

Quasar and covenant are all you need, except if you're a normalfag and want to watch sports

Kodi is too much of a pain for me to setup just to get free movies, shows and cartoons on my LagDroid 7.1.1 tablet

ShowBox honestly eased the process for me, and plugins are constantly getting hammered down left and right, they eventually become old, dated and eventually deprecate after a while

GNU or Android?

>yifi is dead
wtf i love streaming now

MPlayer > Kodi

/thread
also lutris

>tons of legal letters sent recently
>land of the ""free""
fucking kek

>watch islanders flyers game a couple of weeks back
>get british stream of flyers broadcast

Nice