/w10/ - Windows 10 General

General discussion for everything related to the latest and greatest version of Windows. Will Windows 10 become the new XP?

How to reclaim your privacy in Windows 10, piece by piece
> pcworld.com/article/2971725/windows/how-to-reclaim-your-privacy-in-windows-10-piece-by-piece.html

Choose your privacy settings for the Windows 10 Creators Update
>support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4014916/windows-10-choose-your-privacy-settings-for-windows-10-creators-update

Windows 10 privacy: You're happy for us to collect your data, says Microsoft
>zdnet.com/article/windows-10-privacy-youre-happy-for-us-to-collect-your-data-says-microsoft/

How to Disable All of Windows 10’s Built-in Advertising
>howtogeek.com/269331/how-to-disable-all-of-windows-10s-built-in-advertising/

Microsoft now puts ads in Windows 10 File Explorer, because of course
>extremetech.com/computing/245553-microsoft-now-puts-ads-windows-file-explorer

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services
kernel.org/
github.com/adolfintel/Windows10-Privacy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

windows is shit
lunix is even shittier

The only link you need is docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services

the fuck is this?
this is the first time and update has presented itself to me this way. before it showed up in the notification sidebar it had its on window popup.
is there some big feature coming that i dont know about? is this some bullshit like the creators update?

At least it is nice enough to tell you that it's going to take a long fucking time to complete. Make some coffee

yeah but what is it?
clearly if there are new features there has to be atleast some news. cant find anything about it.

That is because it's a bigger update than usual. It's gonna take a long time also and restart it self multiple times. I hate Windows updates but this one made my PC run a bit faster.

welp. i sure how it doesnt bring back the packaged uwp apps again.
last when the creators update hit i suddenly had a lot of app suggestions and predownloaded bullshit on my start menu even when setting it so that i dont want those.

It doesnt have a cool name. It has a fucking version number. No thank you.

Also the only version of 10 worth using

Windows 10 is only used by gamers now because of DirectX 12, corporations and actual working people are still using Windows 7, what has Microsoft done to address this?

theming w10 is a complete
dick

>what has Microsoft done to address this?
Made it impossible to run Win7 on new CPUs without hacks, therefore making it a non-starter for most businesses. Quite clever, actually.

Of course, this doesn't really work in the consumer market. But there Intel seems to want to help by making it impossible to boot Win7 on HW released after 2020.

How do I manually install drivers? The installation .exe tells me the driver is not comptible with my system (I know it is) and the devices management won't let me install it because it says that the best driver is already installed
What do I do?

>the devices management won't let me install it because it says that the best driver is already installed
Then remove the existing driver, you dumbass.

>install new update
>nukes all my saved logins and settings across the fucking board.

WHAT.

I keep considering getting it but I bought win 7 pro after using 8. 8.1 and 10, so I don't know if I really want all that windows nagging and kindergarten version of an OS.
I mainly want it for the multi monitor functionality that's inbuilt. Currently using displayfusion, it has it's problems.

install new update and every time I log on the game it forces hardware acceleration, making the rest of my display fuzzy when i'm not tabbed into the game. and temporary fix is to turn 3d display mode on or off, it doesn't matter which it is just fucks up when I load my game.

I turned off hardware acceleration on my internet browser.

Another problem is when I click start menu it's not hovering over the cursor, but slightlyu above it.

>tfw windows 10 ltsb plus telemetry disabled
ultra comfy

Hey guys did you knwo taht Windows 10 sucks ass? Just like all othe rMicro$oft $oftware. Lol!!

Linux is just so much better... geez.. wow!

Install Linux today! ==> kernel.org/

>5 different articles on changing settings
Why isn't there just one image that goes over every shit setting to turn off in order?

github.com/adolfintel/Windows10-Privacy

>telemetry disabled
exactly how, user?

as in, what was your method in disabling it?

DisableWinTracking can disable a lot of telemetry shit but it also breaks a lot of the Microsoft shit like Skype and Windows Store.

>jpeg on flat color images
kek
Nice guide tho

group policy and registry editor.pls host file.

does this stuff work on home edition? I've seen people say you can't debotnet/make it less shit and you have to use pro, but I've never heard why or what specifically doesn't work.

I'm going to use windows 7 until they stop supporting it with updates.

It literally does anything and everything I need it to. Win 10 has so many fucking issues and it has been out 2+ years now.

Win10 is a meme.