CPU-Z thread?

CPU-Z thread?
Can I do better than the automatic OC?

Have the same CPU. I don't overclock because I have a shit cooler.

I have XMP on though...

Also get Intel ME firmware update...

fuck off shill i already want to move to bulldozer dont tempt me
Housefire Included

throwing an amd cpu into the mix

sup

Then hang yourself. He wanted you to be safe. You are a fag like every OP.

nice mobo and cpu .

what kind of temperatures do you get

sold my 6700k to buy this
not that huge but i can feel its faster

>update something that i never wanted to deal with in the first place until i found out about it
yeah nah fuck off shill

my old 6600k sat at 4.7 for two years

that's dumb

>sold my 6700k to 8400
fucking hell that's not upgrade. you should've bought 8700K.

idles around 31-31 deg C in a roughly 70 deg F room. not too bad considering the desktop itself is in this cupboard (behind monitor in pic related)

has a kraken x62v2 on top of it.

Pretty happy.

what a beast

neat

Will be upgrading to an 8(+) core when Ryzen+ arrives. I did originally have a 1700X in here, but then an amazing deal came along on the 1600 literally a few days after I finished the build, so I sent it back.

>3.95 GHz @ 0.592 V
What?

upgraded from poozen to a 8700k. feels good. kept ryzen 8 core heavy multi-threaded performance but gained superior everything else. why only be good at one thing when you can be good at both?

intel shill here. that's what they call c-states. processor drops voltage when there is very little load.

you don't always have to shove max voltage 24/7.

Yeah, it's idle. Dead on 1.4V under load. Fully stable at 3.95GHz, but won't even boot at 4GHz. Boots but slightly unstable at 3.975GHz.

cool cpu friend

check it

Why does everyones bus speed seem low compared to mine

old desktop

new desktop

>he bought a i5 quad to replace a i5 quad
>in #currentyearman #2017
should have least bought a ryzen r5. those 4 cores will hurt you in the long run regardless how high you try to push the clocks. even a i7 quad with ht would have been better for the long run.

it was bought on a whim on black friday, the old i5 is pulling home server duties

>people actually bought a poozen

>it was bought on a whim on black friday
nigger you could have also bought the r5 1600 on black friday. most retailers had it paired with a motherboard for less than the cost of the normal msrp for the r5 1600. there is absolute no valid excuse to buy a i5 quad in #currentyearman #2017

that i5 will soon replace your 3570k. you will not get as long longevity out of it like you got out of your 3570k.

>paying for $265-320 for eight core

Nearly all skylake chips can do 4.5Ghz, most can do 4.6GHz with a little more voltage.

which i had a z77 to oc this bad boy, but it werks well for my general use

Nowhere near its limits, just haven't bothered tweaking it as I don't need more cpu power for anything right now.

I know 4.5ghz is pretty easy, probably can do 4.6-4.7ghz with some effort too, both cpu and rampage 3 is watercooled.

This stuff is from 2010 also, don't really wanna fry it.
It is amazing the performance it still has.

That's a low voltage for the speed you have. Bretty gud. Share your settings ?

Its obviously not reporting the real voltage. I'm guessing 1.3v+

you're fucking retarded

I enjoyed my new CPU

I paid $70 for eight cores

run the cinebench cpu test, I wanna see how it compares to the poozen 1700 released this year

This is from almost a year ago

All these clocklets in this thread.

Why the fuck are you underclocked?

Why no oc?

Was it you in the speccy thread the other day asking if you should get a e7600? If you, I suggested a phenom x6 instead for your current mobo + a vrm sink so you can overclock that shit.

>If you, I suggested a phenom x6 instead for your current mobo + a vrm sink so you can overclock that shit.
Yeah, I couldn't find any.

That, and I'm not sure if my PSU is up to snuff - it's a 350W Seasonic SS-351HT.

Damn, yea thats a bit under the threshold for overclocking.

Also pretty severely limiting your gpu options.

Is that your main rig or just a fun rig?

My main rig.

The fun rigs are the E7600,a AMD Sempron 2800+ skt754, two Pentium 4 2.8GHz machines and an pretty old Slot A (yes, the legendary Slot A) AMD Athlon at about 750MHz.

NEVER USE AUTOMATIC OVERCLOCKING

Ah, you HAVE a e7600.. Thought you considered getting one, that changes things. Then I whould look for a quad 775 cpu instead. q9x50 or a xeon with 12mb cache preferably if your mobo supports them.

But I whould prioritize a better psu aswell.

>old Slot A
Hah got one too, same cpu. Not set up tho, but working parts.

Have some 754 stuff laying around too, but never liked that socket. I was a 939 guy.

Had a Opteron 175 2.2 ghz overclocked to 3.2ghz up until 2009. Loved that setup, still have it also actually. Have LOTS of 939 shit laying around.

Board for that E7600 is a P5GC-MX/1333, although I want to get something better for it, as the P5GC-MX/1333 doesn't eat quads (945GC chipset).

I might pick up a retro A8N-SLI machine though, since I never had the chance to work with 939. Any thoughts on the A8N-SLI?

Just got this.

Not much experience with the asus boards, but NF4-SLI boards generally where pretty decent with any brand.

If you want to overclock tho, the best option is a DFI Lanparty NF4 variant, but the asus will do the job too.
And cpu look for opteron 165, 170, 175, 180 or 185 with ccbbe, lcbbe, lcb9e steppings, they go 3ghz+.

>P5GC-MX/1333
ogad.

Yeah, don't bother with that one :P

You could get a cheap h61 1155 board tho with a i5 2400 or something for your main rig. Dirt cheap these days, performs way better than 775 and runs cool with low power draw.

I'm saying goodbye to this old friend after 10 good years.

I bought a G4560 for Xmas, I can't wait XD

>XD
the CPU must be older than you