C

How hard is it to learn it from scratch with no coding knowledge? I missed the last semester and am stressing. pls help

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/SRZakc07
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

dont be a jeet or a nig

I'm neither Indian nor Black
I commute and had family reasons, not that it matters, I just wanna know if it's possible to catch up a whole semester in the 3 week Christmas holiday I have

pastebin.com/SRZakc07
Good luck OP.

Thank you man, bookmarked.

bump

Not OP, I've been through the first two chapters of C Programming: A Modern Approach, is it a good idea to switch to Learn C The Hard Way or should I just stick with what I've started?

c is dead, unless ur writing fuckin kernels

As long as you don't enter pointer's territory and dinamyc memory management, everything else is pretty much the same as other languages as far as learning the syntax and basic algorithmic thinking.

That being, to learn any language as your first language is not easy, so you should have a book, a web page with the syntax and lots of tutorials at hand.
Probably the hardest part of going by yourself is finding excercises to do, because some can be way too exhausting and others you will simply find you don't have enough knowledge to do them, everything the hard way.
Another difficult part is what to learn, what to start with, what comes next, when should you learn X and when will you be prepared to learn Y.

You can't man, you need to learn with the others, that cannot be done in a few weeks, you need at least two months to get fully introduced to algorithms and coding.

That is if you learn the hard way.

Nothing can come close to learn coding the hard way.

What school are you at?

The memory management is a bitch if you don't know proper technique. each language has idiosyncracies and you need to learn the "C" way of programming. Once you get it down it isn't too bad. But expect to spend a lot of time fixing memory allocation errors and other fun stuff.

I'm currently reading C the hard way. Its pretty gud. I just hate the author's smug way of writing. I'd buy him a beer though.

didn't zed shaw apologize for the steaming pile of shit learn c thw was? did he remake the book or something because I swears i read a blog about him removing it from amazon and shit and calling it a total failure to not only capture K&R in essence but as a book in general.

it had some helpful parts. if he had finished the ending it would have been better. Helped me learn memory management

The hard way series is a terrible source. Zed Shaw is a fucking hack.

weird i can only find the blog bitching about K&R not about him dropping the book.

Just wow Amerifags. How can you be so slow you stupid retards. Programming is something you either can or cannot learn. If you can't learn the basics of a language alone in a week then you aren't cut out for this.

Thanks for the help everyone
Pic is the structure, is it doable? Bearing in mind I'm a complete beginner, never coded before

forgot pic

OP don't listen to retards like

Hard. You need to pick up a typesafe higher level language. C++ would be good but it'll be too close to C and confuse you. Try learning Java first, get the gist, practice coding with it, and then worked your ass off to learn C.

Use an online tutorial. But you're kind of fucked. If people could go from zero to proficient in any programming language (let alone a hard language like c), we wouldn't need four year degrees for it. Self taught is one thing, but self taught in three weeks?

you'll be fine

>from scratch with no coding knowledge
How this is possible? You didn't have basic CS lessons in middle school? Where you ppl live?

Fuck you. Dumb fuck.

go back and do the semester again you lazy bum