Ubuntu Meets Windoh user

Window fag here, I decided to try out ubuntu and it's actually not half bad getting into it so far.

Any suggestions?

inb4 obligatory install gentoo meme

Install gentoo

In after install gentoo.

Here's a funny little easter egg, open your terminal and type sudo rm -rf /

That doesn't work on newer versions, I tried

Nope, Do what you want with your computer. Don't let some guy on Sup Forums make you switch distros

OK now what? It didn't do anything

Yeah, don't waste a post next time.
Why did you change to linux? Do you have any intentions on programming?

Also, install gentpoo master raceā„¢

it's passable if you have time to waste.

open the terminal and type
sudo dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/sda

this displays a random character stream in your terminal
this will impress dumb normalfags and may even get you a girlfriend if she thinks you're a 1337 h4ckr
you just need to wait a few seconds for the stream to load after you enter the command
(you need to use sudo because otherwise you can't access the random text stream)

Thank you so much! I was looking for a lightweight command for doing this

Run random commands from Sup Forums without looking into what they do first.

no problem, user
always here to help

If you want to impress bitches, always keep top running in your terminal. Bitches love top. It makes you look like such a hacker.

>nooobooondooo
ahahahahahahahahahahahah

Try installing programs you use day to day. You might need to google around. After that just use it like you would any other computer and realize that most people don't need linux and that one of the only advantages is that the neckbeards who wrote it aren't usually trying to spy on you and that you can spend as much time as you have customizing it.

It is just like delete system 32. Hopefully it didn't do anything. If you reboot your computer you might have to kiss your OS goodbye.

Just installed 17.10
Kinda not liking it too much. there's certain settings I can't seem to readily find, and there's some changes that just seem too weird, like there was no reason for doing it. Plus there's a certain application I need right now that doesn't seem to be working under 17.10
Will probably go back to the 16.04 install I was using previously.

Ubuntu server is alright.

Don't even bother with the desktop versions tho.

>using a picture of the smiley with the carat nose

jew

NO PRESERVE ROOT

htop is better

Try out Solus Budgie, try to setup a ssh socks server, or just use it as a samba server. That's what I did.

korora

>sudo dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/sda
How to wipe a hard drive clean in Linux
Literally the first link, you guys really need to copy every command from the internet huh?

>posting random character stream copypasta to newfags

That's not ubuntu

install steam
install waifu
install moebuntu
apt-get upgrade
notice how there's no please no turn off doing a update before poweroff?

chmod /dev/chmod 000 for maximum security

>h
>bloated name
no thanks