Is this the end of x86?

Is this the end of x86?
theverge.com/platform/amp/2017/12/5/16737288/microsoft-windows-10-qualcomm-arm-laptops-launch

Other urls found in this thread:

theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3011638/qualcomm-responds-to-intels-rant-about-x86-emulation-on-arm
theverge.com/2017/12/5/16734402/windows-10-arm-snapdragon-laptop-hp-asus-lenovo-hands-on
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transmeta_Crusoe
theregister.co.uk/2017/02/07/intel_atom_failures_go_back_18_months/
anandtech.com/show/11110/semi-critical-intel-atom-c2000-flaw-discovered
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i thought jewtell was suing for the x86 emulation

still need actual numbers and review s to say anything

either way WinTel isn't going anywhere soon

>trying to sue over emulation
>in 2017
well if anyone could do it it's jewtel

It looks like Qualcomm doesn't give a shit.

theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3011638/qualcomm-responds-to-intels-rant-about-x86-emulation-on-arm

Aren't most of the x86 patents expired? If anything AMD now holds the most important x86 patents.

Good luck suing Microsoft, the biggest hand that feeds them,

Somewhere in the ballpark between an Intel Atom Z8750 and a Core m3.

they made a transparent tablet? thats pretty neat

Why

>fullscreen browser
The problem is on you, retard.

What is responsive web design? Just make it so 9:16 ratios are like this and 16:9 has some usable shit on the side like recommended articles

WAIT DOES THIS THING EMULATE X86? WHAT THE FUCK!
WILL I BE ABLE TO RUN GAYMZ?

Here's the site. OP is a phonefag.

It's gunna flop, it's not going to run native windows software anywhere near as well. It might be a nice linux tablet though. I imagine these would be nicer for that then Chromebooks.

theverge.com/2017/12/5/16734402/windows-10-arm-snapdragon-laptop-hp-asus-lenovo-hands-on

>get a powerful arm to emulate x86_64
>no intel ME
>free bios

Is this a new hope?

Is there an ARM based PC even powerful enough to do that yet? I'd be keen as a bean

>get a powerful arm to emulate x86
FTFY

Correction: There WAS.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transmeta_Crusoe

>Intel Atom

Friendly reminder that the Intel Atom chips (specifically Silvermont/C2000 line) have an LPC clock flaw that makes them fail prematurely after 18 months.

theregister.co.uk/2017/02/07/intel_atom_failures_go_back_18_months/
anandtech.com/show/11110/semi-critical-intel-atom-c2000-flaw-discovered

Friendly reminder that this falls outside the warranty period for many devices, and smaller vendors may not honor their warranties at all to avoid large losses.

Aren't there certain Atoms that aren't getting the full support of Windows 10 because they don't support some x86 instructions?