Let me guess. you "need" more

let me guess. you "need" more.

>Need?
No, I don't need 99% of the shit in my life from an objective sense.
>Want and able to afford?
Yes.

What version of Windows is that?

>let me guess. you "need" more
can pic related handle more than 40+ tabs of sadpanda open at once without refreshing when i switch between them?

How else would I play Overwatch

The x60 is kinda pointless these days. You can Libreboot the x200 now, which is just plain better than this, so there's no point.

Well, let's see... I have a DELL XPS 13 9365, which has an Intel i5-7Y54 CPU, 8GB RAM AND a 256GB PCIe SSD. This is not _that_ much more power compared to the X60. But I don't plan to use an old and ugly laptop.

would use it but im also into photography not only programming so power to handle large images in less time is nice to have.
however I do know a guy i've worked with that uses these for theatre sound, cheaper for him to have multiple of these out with different companies and run sound effects just fine vs some designers doing only one show at a time with their more expensive laptops.

tl;dr thinkpads are good enough

>tl;dr
you wrote 2 sentences

I've got an X60s and it's fucking great, but Ted Kaczynski was right.

oh yeah?

Yes, actually: my X220 struggles to decode high bitrate 1080p x264 video, and completely drops frames on high settings (mpv), and completely shits itself on x265 regardless.

Actually, yes.

Playing neptunia on my x230t is comfy as fuck

for some of you thats too much.

does the x220 even have a 1980p screen?
or are you using it as a media box?

>Yes, actually: my X220 struggles to decode high bitrate 1080p x264 video

It can't *display* 1080p video so why bother? Get the 720p version.

>blurays are 1080p/4k
>get the lower quality downscale
The Intel 3000 graphics on the X220 are pure shit, so no hardware decoding is possible, and the CPU is trash, too - 1080p decoding is minimum and it fails at it.

>you need more replacement fans

>tfw no fanless x200 shitbox
lenovo pls, I just want to be comfy

>fellow x230t owner

my fellow patrician! Have you heard how our legionnaires are faring with their Germanic expedition?

I don't want to be mean, but how come in the photos you guys post the thinkpad screens always look so dim and blurry, like they are covered in a thick layer of dried cum or something. I do have a 10 years old laptop (sony vaio) somewhere in the garage and it sure doesn't look anywhere that bad. Explain yourself.

>1080p decoding is minimum
That you don't have a 1080p screen disproves this.

Or do you mean you've been convinced by marketers that 1080p is the minimum?

I can afford more since I am not a fat neet like you

i love the industrial, rugged design of the thinkpads of yesteryear. why are so few manufacturers interested in trying to replicate it? surely its an aesthetic that more than just a handful of people can appreciate

Because everything must be targeted at the most massive consumer base.

XP